Deleted
    Just log-in and try things out for yourself...

or read the patch-notes?

Vi is a new champion.

AP/Bruiser Maokai works as much as it did pre-S3 changes. Problaly even more now with the new items, not sure though. It hasn't gotten nerfed in any way though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Just log-in and try things out for yourself... or read the patch-notes?
    He said that he wouldn't be able to play for a little longer... he's just asking for information, bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    He said that he wouldn't be able to play for a little longer... he's just asking for information, bro.
    Doesn't mean you can't go in a custom game and scroll through the new items.

But yeah, I know. It just boggles me why he wouldn't go through patch notes, it's a very, very big patch with a lot of new shit going on, the best thing to do is obviously to just read notes and/or go in and play a custom and look things over.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Hi, y'all.
    I've been away for over 2 months, since before the new items came out. What on earth am I gonna get myself into when I come back? What items rose to prominence? Who is Vi? Does AP/bruiser Moakai still work? I took a liking to him before my leave. And whatever else you think I need to know.

Unfortunately the net in my current place is soo bad, I don't think I'll be able to play for a few more months.
    Read through a bunch of articles here to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    YAY Lu Bu J4 is finally here immediatly logged in, got it and got my J4 on.

SUCH a cool skin, love how his ulti looks, just a shame I only remember when I started playing, I'm actually pretty terrible at J4 FAR to much "helping" and nowhere near enough killing...

anyone got a decent J4 build
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I dont own Him i would suggest mobafire And lolking guides, i dont like solomid it just sems such a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    YAY Lu Bu J4 is finally here immediatly logged in, got it and got my J4 on.

SUCH a cool skin, love how his ulti looks, just a shame I only remember when I started playing, I'm actually pretty terrible at J4 FAR to much "helping" and nowhere near enough killing...

Something like: Trinity Force, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper, GA, Warmogs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    I dont own Him i would suggest mobafire And lolking guides, i dont like solomid it just sems such a mess
    Honestly, there aren't many good guides right now other than lolpro. Solomid guides are all outdated, I don't trust lolking since it's so new, and mobafire is just a terrible guide site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Doran's Blade, Boots, Phage, Hexdrinker, Brutalizer, Mercury's, Black Cleaver, Frozen Mallet, Atma's, Malmortius, Alacrity on Mercury's, Last Whisper.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone notice that whoever builds the most tank items faster tends to win? Last game had a J4, Blitz, Kayle, Shen and Xin and all 5 of them just build pure tank, and we couldn't do much due to them having naturally high dmg. However i'm finding this game MUCH easier to play now that iv'e started playing dota 2, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Anyone notice that whoever builds the most tank items faster tends to win? Last game had a J4, Blitz, Kayle, Shen and Xin and all 5 of them just build pure tank, and we couldn't do much due to them having naturally high dmg. However i'm finding this game MUCH easier to play now that iv'e started playing dota 2, lol.
    Yes. Since they made Armor and MR more expensive and health cheaper, rushing Giant's Belt into a Warmog's later is the new form of snowballing a lane.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-02-10 at 09:02 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Yes. Since they made Armor and MR more expensive and health cheaper, rushing Giant's Belt into a Warmog's later is the new form of snowballing a lane.
    Depends on how many CC enemy team has. If someone with high health build tries to be too cocky, he usually ends with being CCed and killed when he is separated from team. Or if enemy team has strong pokes (like nidalee, jayce, viktor, leblank) building health can be countered.

And some heroes has build-in defensive steroids (Garen, J4, Cho, Rammus, Sion, Maokai), for example, building Cho in health can be a total failure, because you will have low amount of armor/MR and be easy target to shut down because you don't have means to recover you health quickly (unlike Mundo). Building MR/Armor on some heroes are rewarding (Garen, Rammus) Garen has extra 30% defensive stats, Rammus will hit harder.
    Just building Belt into Warmog's is not a form of snowballing, even with it you can lose hit trades to champions with easy escape (Rene, Lee, Xin, Vi), and building health against ranged champions (Jayce, Teemo, Nida) on top will end bad
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-02-10 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Doran's Blade, Boots, Phage, Hexdrinker, Brutalizer, Mercury's, Black Cleaver, Frozen Mallet, Atma's, Malmortius, Alacrity on Mercury's, Last Whisper.
    No Warmogs? What the hell, that build is terrible. Skip the phage and frozen mallet and get a warmog instead. Also skip Atmas the item is terrible. Black cleaver and last whisper can be built if you are top lane but when you jungle just go full tank. Runic Bulwark, Randuin and Locket are all good options.

Edit: Also don´t ever start dorans Blade on jarvan.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2013-02-10 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Hi, y'all.
    I've been away for over 2 months, since before the new items came out. What on earth am I gonna get myself into when I come back? What items rose to prominence? Who is Vi? Does AP/bruiser Moakai still work? I took a liking to him before my leave. And whatever else you think I need to know.
    Vi is an insanely strong jungler (I'd compare her with Shyv but she can gank, has better mobility and some cc!). Did bruiser Mao ever work? Can't remember a single game where the game was influenced by a mao that didn't build like a tank (only exception was a mao who build dcap after having his FH at 9min...game was already over at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Depends on how many CC enemy team has. If someone with high health build tries to be too cocky, he usually ends with being CCed and killed when he is separated from team. Or if enemy team has strong pokes (like nidalee, jayce, viktor, leblank) building health can be countered.

And some heroes has build-in defensive steroids (Garen, J4, Cho, Rammus, Sion, Maokai), for example, building Cho in health can be a total failure, because you will have low amount of armor/MR and be easy target to shut down because you don't have means to recover you health quickly (unlike Mundo). Building MR/Armor on some heroes are rewarding (Garen, Rammus) Garen has extra 30% defensive stats, Rammus will hit harder.
    Just building Belt into Warmog's is not a form of snowballing, even with it you can lose hit trades to champions with easy escape (Rene, Lee, Xin, Vi), and building health against ranged champions (Jayce, Teemo, Nida) on top will end bad
    A high health target might survive being cocky. Everyone else wont and a warmogs is THE item to counter poke. You just ignore it. And Belt into warmogs is a possible way of snowballing the lane. Obviously only viable on bruisers but they can rely on their base damage early on anyway and they will deal more damage in a fight by surviving longer than by having some additional damage. If you can't abuse the fact that you have nearly twice the hp and insane regen in lane you are doing it wrong (assuming the enemy didn't get any hp). Depending on who you are an early giants belt into brutalizer or sunfire might be stronger than the instant warmogs although it's hardly ever a big mistake going warmogs.

About not stacking HP on Garen and Rammus: Sure they scale with Resistance but their EHP will still rise more with HP than resistance.

@J4 build: Depends on if you if you lane top/mid or jungle. Top: Cloth+5 or Boots+3, Biants belt, Brutalizer, Sunfire or Warmogs (sunfire adds more damage the earlier you can get it), Hexdrinker or Aegis, Black Cleaver etc. I suck at giving item builds though because I hadrly ever build a fixed path and change it every game depending in my needs and who is fed.

Mid against AD would be the same. Against an AP you'd most likely get something like a Hextech and a dorans earlier so you can instantkill them at 6. If you can't reach them a warmogs will keep you in lane and make nearly impossible to kill for most AP champs.

Jungle: Don't complete the wriggles. Madreds is enough and go into tanky items (warmogs, aegis, Sunfire) if you don't get fed, add a brutalizer somewhere inbetween and complete it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    No Warmogs? What the hell, that build is terrible. Skip the phage and frozen mallet and get a warmog instead. Also skip Atmas the item is terrible. Black cleaver and last whisper can be built if you are top lane but when you jungle just go full tank. Runic Bulwark, Randuin and Locket are all good options.

Edit: Also don´t ever start dorans Blade on jarvan.
    I completely overlooked that post on account of Firebert giving Build advice again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    A high health target might survive being cocky. Everyone else wont and a warmogs is THE item to counter poke. You just ignore it. And Belt into warmogs is a possible way of snowballing the lane. Obviously only viable on bruisers but they can rely on their base damage early on anyway and they will deal more damage in a fight by surviving longer than by having some additional damage. If you can't abuse the fact that you have nearly twice the hp and insane regen in lane you are doing it wrong (assuming the enemy didn't get any hp). Depending on who you are an early giants belt into brutalizer or sunfire might be stronger than the instant warmogs although it's hardly ever a big mistake going warmogs.

About not stacking HP on Garen and Rammus: Sure they scale with Resistance but their EHP will still rise more with HP than resistance.

@J4 build: Depends on if you if you lane top/mid or jungle. Top: Cloth+5 or Boots+3, Biants belt, Brutalizer, Sunfire or Warmogs (sunfire adds more damage the earlier you can get it), Hexdrinker or Aegis, Black Cleaver etc. I suck at giving item builds though because I hadrly ever build a fixed path and change it every game depending in my needs and who is fed.
    You don't need high HP to eat pokes, you need moderate health, armor or MR to mitigate incoming damage (or defensive CD, like Barrier, or golden aegis, or Mao ult, rivens shield) and health regen. If you won't recover poked health, you will end up being on same health as anyone else (i.e. losing Belt advantage) and only base damage to deal damage.
    Personally, (on tanky bruisers) i prefer building aegis + upgraded boots first to get more versatility (i can sustain damage due to higher armor+MRes+regen and avoid ganks with increased movement speed). Building warmog as first item is very expensive, and you will be easy target to kill (due to lane phase, mid laner and jungler can easily dive into you tower and rape you)

And to get get twice amount of health on line you need to have at least 2 belts -.-
    Winning lane and building more tanky IS a way to win games, but i want to point out that building straight health as first items (especially if your mid lane was lost) not always worth it, since you will be probably ganked several times or zoned out of lane.

And from personal experience, you don't want to rush one stat (as bruiser), you need to rise all your stats to dominate lane early (like getting Armor+5 pots on top against riven and then rushing armor boots), and building straight health is not a instant win option
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    How is Kha'zix nowadays? Has he been nerfed? His win% is pretty low but he seems interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    How is Kha'zix nowadays? Has he been nerfed? His win% is pretty low but he seems interesting.
    Khazix's win rate is 47.37%, but the problem is that his ban rate is 72.41%. Looks like he's still quite powerful if he warrants that much of the ban hammer.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    kha still op as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You don't need high HP to eat pokes, you need moderate health, armor or MR to mitigate incoming damage (or defensive CD, like Barrier, or golden aegis, or Mao ult, rivens shield) and health regen. If you won't recover poked health, you will end up being on same health as anyone else (i.e. losing Belt advantage) and only base damage to deal damage.
    Personally, (on tanky bruisers) i prefer building aegis + upgraded boots first to get more versatility (i can sustain damage due to higher armor+MRes+regen and avoid ganks with increased movement speed). Building warmog as first item is very expensive, and you will be easy target to kill (due to lane phase, mid laner and jungler can easily dive into you tower and rape you)

And to get get twice amount of health on line you need to have at least 2 belts -.-
    Winning lane and building more tanky IS a way to win games, but i want to point out that building straight health as first items (especially if your mid lane was lost) not always worth it, since you will be probably ganked several times or zoned out of lane.

And from personal experience, you don't want to rush one stat (as bruiser), you need to rise all your stats to dominate lane early (like getting Armor+5 pots on top against riven and then rushing armor boots), and building straight health is not a instant win option
    Warmogs = Best HP and regen item... that's what i was talking about. It's the best item against poke if you only consider one single item.

Additionally most bruisers deal more damage by going HP first because the additional damage they would do with with damage items is completely negated by the fact that they can stay in the fight longer. There is a reason why Hp stacking works so well and became so popular.

I've got a real problem with your logic how the best overall defensive item makes you EASIER to kill and dive than not having one at all. Obviously having more hp wont automatically win you the lane but denying the enemy the ability to all in you while you still can all in him, gives you a really strong advantage in lane.

But in the end we will just have to agree that we disagree