Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    Earthen Ring is a PvE server. Just and FYI
    I SUPPOSE taking action would be okay then. People role on PvE servers to avoid that kind of thing and forcing it on them is kinda rude.

PvP servers however, fair game, you made your choice deal with the consequences. And yes even if that means days of continuous "disruption" of game play (which it isn't since pvp is a part of the game).
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-10 at 12:55 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I think you answered your own question. What is there to do? The game has become so simplified and bland, that the other activities (pet battles, dailies, mind numbing LFR or LFD runs) are just so utterly uncompelling that that thought of something much more real and intense like taking over a city is that much more appealing.
    And again, I call that hyperbole. I can turn that argument around: I find taking over a city and sitting there mind-numbingly killing things boring.

The problem with arguing with you is that you exaggerate things to hell and back again. You ask what is there to do. Like you told me, you answered your own question. There's plenty of activities to do if you look at them. The fact that you consider them boring doesn't mean they're not an option, not that your opinion is shared by everyone around you.

It all comes down to preferences. The difference is that taking over a city disrupts the gameplay for several dozens of players, depending on realm size. The other activities do not.

Don't take me wrong here. I don't have anything at all against city raids. They're fun, and I'm sure Blizzard agrees, or they wouldn't have put the Pandaria capitals nearly sitting on each other exactly with the intent of facilitating large wars between towns (not that I've seen any yet, or heard of one). Taking over a city is as fun as sitting on your own, with the difference that mobs and players will respawn and die constantly. You're unlikely to have both factions balanced enough to make it fun. But even if you do, you'll be making it unfun for many others who will be forced to eat your raid or logout until you decide to move.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-10 at 12:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I SUPPOSE taking action would be okay then. People role on PvE servers to avoid that kind of thing and forcing it on them is kinda rude.

PvP servers however, fair game, you made your choice deal with the consequences.
    I can agree with that. I'm one of the first people who get a kick out of the threads people post comaining about getting pvp'd on a PvP server.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Muchtoohigh.... why don't you clear a heroic raid? start a competitive RBG team? Group up a 40 man raid on cities. Or is bitching about on the forums the content you prefer? Maybe they can have billboards to write on in cities I'm sure that would be your thing.

Also if the game is simplified armory link so I can see the only thing simplified isn't LFR and random unrated bg ques.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my days, people who complained actually had substance to their posts.
    Yes, I AM a fossil.

Wait, let me get this straight. So, ElvenArcher's problem was that Warcraft moved away from core values and focused on daily quests and instanced grouping instead of Warcraft core values.

And now that some players are achieving those core values on a server, you're saying that ElvenArcher was wrong in the first place because World of Warcraft should not play like Warcraft, even though it's called, World of Warcraft?

What does not being and RTS have to do with it? You're saying that if someone makes World of Starcraft I can't organize a 300 people Zerg rush on a Terran emplacement because that's inconvenient to you? Do you have any idea what you're saying?

If someone makes World of Counter Strike I can't camp with AWPs?

Oh I'M SORRY, sounds like the game isn't for YOU, not those people being appalled by these contradictions, and it's the developer's job to adjust things, not the player's role to suck it up.

I wonder what Warcraft fans which came directly from the RTSs would've of answered to your reaction 7 years ago. You know what would've happened? You would have been blasted into oblivion and inexistence by people who would have laughed at your hypocritic ideology.

Too bad all those players were allienated years ago, and all we're left with is people like you. No wonder they were allienated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Wait, let me get this straight. So, ElvenArcher's problem was that Warcraft moved away from core values and focused on daily quests and instanced grouping instead of Warcraft core values.

And now that some players are achieving those core values on a server, you're saying that ElvenArcher was wrong in the first place because World of Warcraft should not play like Warcraft, even though it's called, World of Warcraft?

What does not being and RTS have to do with it? You're saying that if someone makes World of Starcraft I can't organize a 300 people Zerg rush on a Terran emplacement because that's inconvenient to you? Do you have any idea what you're saying?

If someone makes World of Counter Strike I can't camp with AWPs?

Oh I'M SORRY, sounds like the game isn't for YOU, not those people being appalled by these contradictions, and it's the developer's job to adjust things, not the player's role to suck it up.

I wonder what Warcraft fans which came directly from the RTSs would've of answered to your reaction 7 years ago. You know what would've happened? You would have been blasted into oblivion and inexistence by people who would have laughed at your hypocritic ideology.

Too bad all those players were allienated years ago, and all we're left with is people like you. No wonder they were allienated.
    It has a lot to do with player psychology. People want to stay in their safe comfortable boxes where no one would touch them, and only be heroic when it's safe. Easy victories are satisfying, and challenge is rarely fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post

I joined WoW precisely because of the RTS games I played before it was released. And I can tell the difference between a RTS an a MMO. Game mechanics come first. And game mechanics dictate that some things aren't acceptable, despite them being "just another day" back in Warcraft I, II and III. I can't just gather up a bunch of Wisps, build a few Ancients Protectors and move their asses to the enemy's capital shooting their guards, nor can I gather up a bunch of siege weapons to quickly demolish their town to rubble. On the other side of the coin, in Warcraft RTS games you are expected to go and destroy anything the enemy owns, because that's the point of the game, and you can't do a bunch of other things that WoW allows.

The games are completely different in what you're allowed to do, are expected to do, and should do. You're comparing apples to oranges. They're both fruits (same IP, same lore, etc), but that's where the similarities end (game mechanics/objectives, among others).

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    It has a lot to do with player psychology. People want to stay in their safe comfortable boxes where no one would touch them, and only be heroic when it's safe. Easy victories are satisfying, and challenge is rarely fun.
    Couldn't be farther from the truth. At least, for me. It has more to do with common sense.

Regardless, we're all free to think whatever we want. I'm done for the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    RAAAAAWR RAGE MOAR RAGE!!!

You mean something new like:
    LFR, CRZ, Pet Battles, Scenario's?
    Eh... in his defense.. those are pretty stale features. I like pet battles, unoriginal, yet innovative for WoW. Scenarios are useless 3 man tank n spank dungeons, LFR is raiding with less thought, and CRZ is... nothing I guess? Unfortunately OP is suggesting a complete game overhaul which is as likely as aliens landing on Earth tomorrow.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for dynamic events like what ElvenArcher (TGHB) mentioned.

But make it phased so only people of a certain level can see it. Or just make it in special zones like Vale that you have to be at the cap to get to.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    And again, I call that hyperbole. I can turn that argument around: I find taking over a city and sitting there mind-numbingly killing things boring.

The problem with arguing with you is that you exaggerate things to hell and back again. You ask what is there to do. Like you told me, you answered your own question. There's plenty of activities to do if you look at them. The fact that you consider them boring doesn't mean they're not an option, not that your opinion is shared by everyone around you.

It all comes down to preferences. The difference is that taking over a city disrupts the gameplay for several dozens of players, depending on realm size. The other activities do not.

Don't take me wrong here. I don't have anything at all against city raids. They're fun, and I'm sure Blizzard agrees, or they wouldn't have put the Pandaria capitals nearly sitting on each other exactly with the intent of facilitating large wars between towns (not that I've seen any yet, or heard of one). Taking over a city is as fun as sitting on your own, with the difference that mobs and players will respawn and die constantly. You're unlikely to have both factions balanced enough to make it fun. But even if you do, you'll be making it unfun for many others who will be forced to eat your raid or logout until you decide to move.
    Of course everything is subjective. I think dailies and pet battles are boring, if you enjoy them thats fine. But to say city takeovers should not be allowed because it disrupts the gameplay of others is silly, for the simple reason that those players can very easily go to other cities to do any business they want.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Of course everything is subjective. I think dailies and pet battles are boring, if you enjoy them thats fine. But to say city takeovers should not be allowed because it disrupts the gameplay of others is silly, for the simple reason that those players can very easily go to other cities to do any business they want.
    Yet some cities have things that only are in that city. That, and what happens if all cities are taken over? Where the hell do you go?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I seem to remember this one MMO that Sony made.. They had quite a few subscribers, enough to keep the game running and to make profit, but they wanted more. They revamped the game, making it more like WoW to try and bring in some new players, and in the process, the older players quit because they wanted the old game back. Sony said "Who cares! We'll bring in more new players that will cover the old ones leaving!". They didn't, and that game, Star Wars Galaxies, died a horrid, needless death.

So yes, trying something new can kill a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yet some cities have things that only are in that city. That, and what happens if all cities are taken over? Where the hell do you go?
    You either go whine on forums like a pussy you are, or take up arms and fight back, retaking your city or conquering their city left defenseless. If the other faction could do it, why can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You either go whine on forums like a pussy you are, or take up arms and fight back, retaking your city or conquering their city left defenseless. If the other faction could do it, why can't you?
    10:1 faction imbalance? Oh shit burst your imaginary version of WoW didn't I?

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:44 AM ----------

You can take over a city as another faction. I'm sorry npcs don't run around the city praising your name but you are still doing it. Then again that takes some amount of imagination and you seem to be looking for something for them to do for you rather then making your own adventure. So much for RPG eh? Go play a single player game Hero. You can play skyrim and kill everyone in the city then be the king. errrrr yeah

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    10:1 faction imbalance? Oh shit burst your imaginary version of WoW didn't I?

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:44 AM ----------

You can take over a city as another faction. I'm sorry npcs don't run around the city praising your name but you are still doing it. Then again that takes some amount of imagination and you seem to be looking for something for them to do for you rather then making your own adventure. So much for RPG eh? Go play a single player game Hero. You can play skyrim and kill everyone in the city then be the king. errrrr yeah
    Im actually saying the exact opposite, I think your puzzling hostility has blinded you too it. I much prefer creating my own adventure rather than follow the nice, safe path blizz has created in pet battles, dailies etc.

Im actually saying the exact opposite, I think your puzzling hostility has blinded you too it. I much prefer creating my own adventure rather than follow the nice, safe path blizz has created in pet battles, dailies etc.
    I just love that you only point to two features like it's all there is. I'm starting to worry about your mind because you are much too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I just love that you only point to two features like it's all there is. I'm starting to worry about your mind because you are much too high.
    You should probably understanding the meaning of 'etc' before you make comments like that.

I love these posts of "i don't like it so CHANGE IT ENTIRELY SO WHAT IF YOU LOSE EVERYONE ELSE I WANT TO PLAY IT MY WAY!" haha.

Admittedly, i don't care for a lot of the content introduced in MoP, but why would they EVER sacrafice 7,000,000x15 a month to please you and 3 of your friends? it makes no sense at all from a business standpoint.

You should probably understanding the meaning of 'etc' before you make comments like that.
    Must I bring up and quote every time you only refer to those two thins?