Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    3. In -normal- times? Totally would! In days where they're fighting Malygos and the scourge? Considerably less influence since they need the extra manpower, and then can't just kick him out afterwards cause it'd violate their bizarre sense of morality.
    Aethas was on the Council before they moved Dalaran to Northrend and the Nexus War started.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Aethas was on the Council before they moved Dalaran to Northrend and the Nexus War.
    But he hadn't brought the other bloodelves in, he hadn't even gotten Lor's permission yet.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    But he hadn't brought the other bloodelves in, he hadn't even gotten Lor's permission yet.
    What are you talking about? Aethas struggled to gain entry into the Kirin Tor and was appointed to the Council before any of this "need for extra manpower."

What are you talking about? Aethas struggled to gain entry into the Kirin Tor and was appointed to the Council before any of this "need for extra manpower."
    Hmn, I must've read it wrong, that in the manga or ToW or what?

All the same, see my edit on the other bit, Aethas was likely only able to get in because Dalaran was hurting after WC3 and couldn't afford not to let them in. The elves always had a -degree- of influence in the city but it's not as if they could've ever done anything the humans honestly felt wasn't in their best interests.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is the elves never had the position of leader in Dalaran because it's a primarily human city and they honestly didn't give that much of a care about it back before the scourge wrecked quel'thalas, they were pretty isolationist.
    Leadership position in Dalaran is being on the Council since it's an equal vote between members. 2 full elves have sat on the Council. Even though Vereesa was never on the Council she is the leader of a subfaction within Dalaran and was put in charge of the Purge.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 12:46 AM ----------

Hmn, I must've read it wrong, that in the manga or ToW or what?

All the same, see my edit on the other bit, Aethas was likely only able to get in because Dalaran was hurting after WC3 and couldn't afford not to let them in. The elves always had a -degree- of influence in the city but it's not as if they could've ever done anything the humans honestly felt wasn't in their best interests.
    In the manga, Aethas was already on the Council before they moved Dalaran to Northrend.

Leadership position in Dalaran is being on the Council since it's an equal vote between members. 2 full elves have sat on the Council. Even though Vereesa was never on the Council she is the leader of a subfaction within Dalaran and was put in charge of the Purge.
    1. Never at the same time, that's still 5 to 1 on any issue. And judging by Antonidas always being the foreign diplomat in the past, and Jaina / Rhonin doing so in current stuff, I think it's fair to say the leader has a degree of influence not shared by the others.

2. You'd think if Aethas were so influential Jaina wouldn't have touched him without evidence he knew what was going on or something.

Look, we're not getting anywhere, we don't have enough evidence to conclusively prove either of our points and it's going on 3AM here.

Sidepoint stands that, for a race that's supposed to be 'clumsy yet powerful' at magic, and sort of 'the mario' of playable races, humans have a lot of influential mages, way more than any of the races that are supposedly good at magic, and it's kind of weird given their lack of notable priests, warriors, paladins or whatever that aren't... dead.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    2. You'd think if Aethas were so influential Jaina wouldn't have touched him without evidence he knew what was going on or something.
    Funny thing about that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides of War
    “Not just on this. You’ve always been strong, my lady. In your power, and in your character,” said Aethas Sunreaver unexpectedly. “Even when tested and tried. And when you faced both an unimaginable horror and an inconceivable temptation—and were perhaps yourself tainted by the effects of the mana bomb—you still chose a path that was fair and just, rather than vengeful and dark. It is, you must admit, unlikely that anything else will ever tempt you so again. And I do not think there stands among us anyone who, were he or she in your place, could have done better. Indeed… we might not have done even half so well.”
    “You misunderstand,” she said. “I needed help to not become… something terrible. I could not have done it without Kalecgos.”
    “Well then,” said Khadgar, turning to the blue dragon, “we’d best make sure he stays close to your side.”
    Woops, I guess Kalecgos was taking a nap during the Purge.

Funny thing about that:

This was all prior to the divine bell theft which kind of throws things into a very different light.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    Except that the Silver Covenant are members of the Kirin Tor and its leader is Rhonin's wife. She has influence on the Council members and general members of the Kirin Tor. Aethas was an outsider coming to join. You seriously think she would have no power to block Aethas from entering the Kirin Tor?
    She's not even a mage. "Rhonin's wife" is not an official position of power in Kirin Tor or Dalaran. Without Rhonin, who the hell is she to decide anything?

I mean dear god he's almost as bad as Koltira with how woefully inept he is.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing about that:

Oh the irony, Aethas Sunreaver, oh the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    She's not even a mage. "Rhonin's wife" is not an official position of power in Kirin Tor or Dalaran. Without Rhonin, who the hell is she to decide anything?
    Doesn't matter if she's not a mage, she's an influential resident of Dalaran. Stands to believe she would have friends within the Kirin Tor giving her more influence than some elf walking in off the street.

She's the woman behind the man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if she's not a mage, she's an influential resident of Dalaran. Stands to believe she would have friends within the Kirin Tor giving her more influence than some elf walking in off the street.

She's the woman behind the man.
    That man is no more. And her influence is questionable, biased, and, as the recent events have shown, extremist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    That man is no more. And her influence is questionable, biased, and, as the recent events have shown, extremist.
    I was talking about her influence over blocking Aethas' admittance into the Kirin Tor. Not her current influence. But now that you bring it up: All the better when the leader turns extremist and gives her command of the city.