Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsworth View Post
    Okey I'll rephrase as what I said was incorrect after checking logs, I still took less damage than the other raid members doing this, and if you'd go out to reset your stacks then sure, shadowstep back once but on the second time you'd have to run back and even with sprint you'd have a couple of seconds downtime which is "alot" of DPS. Its a DPS increase but not a major one, just something to keep in mind if your healers can manage, as apparantly everyones can't.
    You don't have to reset every single spark phase, but taking 40+ stacks puts huge unnecessary strain on your healers just so you literally get 1 more second of DPS. Not to mention depending on your group's DPS you may even have to wait for a new add to spawn in the first phase making this absolute miniscule gain not worth anything at all.

And I cannot agree with you saying that Elegon is a hard fight to heal, if your tanks do their job with the adds there should be no pulses from the adds, so its not really a healing intensive fight what so ever unless you've got really low DPS and struggle to get him down fast enough in phase 3.
    The hard part isn't even related to the first phase, it's the damage from the exploding sparks and the pulsing AoE during the pillar phase. You might not notice it as a Rogue who I'm hoping is making good use of Feint but the AoE damage is quite large. It's not uncommon for guilds doing this their first time to run into healer mana issues. Hence why taking more damage for the sake of negligible DPS just isn't a good suggestion for a first time group.

Yes, roughly 3-4 seconds depending on proccs and what buffs I have up and the only help I get is a trash from our druid tank every now and then, nothing reliable.
    If you have envenom up from attacking elegon while waiting for the orbs, redirect for one of them, then you get deadly poison proccs and rupture up instantly, nothing you need to ramp up.
    Why Rupture if I may ask? Rupture ticks every 2 seconds, so you get one tick off in total. Since you are trying to maximize uptime and damage on the boss why don't you just use those combo points to Envenom Elegon himself? Regardless it's still 1 second of your poison being applied and the application of Rupture. So after that you got 2 seconds to deal 246k damage per second not counting the 1-2 auto-attacks you get off.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-02-10 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    You don't have to reset every single spark phase, but taking 40+ stacks puts huge unnecessary strain on your healers just so you literally get 1 more second of DPS. Not to mention depending on your group's DPS you may even have to wait for a new add to spawn in the first phase making this absolute miniscule gain not worth anything at all.
    If your case is that you have to wait for an add, sure then you can say this is unnecessary but if you dont as I've never done then its not. We constantly had to push the DPS to make sure we didnt get that last add, and then every little thing help. This worked out very well for us and might do for him aswell so thats why I mentioned it, if it doesn't fit his raid comp/players then just avoid getting alot of stacks, quite easy to figure out.

The hard part isn't even related to the first phase, it's the damage from the exploding sparks and the pulsing AoE during the pillar phase. You might not notice it as a Rogue who I'm hoping is making good use of Feint but the AoE damage is quite large. It's not uncommon for guilds doing this their first time to run into healer mana issues. Hence why taking more damage for the sake of negligible DPS just isn't a good suggestion for a first time group.
    I've done this fight as healer on heroic, on my alt and I cannot really say its that big of a deal, but then again it might be for some other people so I cannot speak for everyone.

Why Rupture if I may ask? Rupture ticks every 2 seconds, so you get one tick off in total. Since you are trying to maximize uptime and damage on the boss why don't you just use those combo points to Envenom Elegon himself? Regardless it's still 1 second of your poison being applied and the application of Rupture. So after that you got 2 seconds to deal 246k damage not counting the 1-2 auto-attacks you get off.
    I rupture up for the venemous wounds proccs, its defenitly worth it and as I said in my previous post, I do have envenom up from elegon and I always keep rupture up on him.

Thanks all, we got the kill, with the DK, and SPriest soak rotation, and me staying on boss.

Deleted
    Congrats

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellaand View Post
    Thanks all, we got the kill, with the DK, and SPriest soak rotation, and me staying on boss.
    Congratulations.

To others who were posting before this - obviously we're past this since the OP has gotten the kill - but please remember you're talking to people who are pushing for a first kill, and tactics that rely on gear/experience with the fight on behalf of other players, or more gear (I'm not sure how to run 162k DPS over the first 3 seconds as assassination without BiS either) are going to be wholly inappropriate to the person asking for help.

Another thing - make sure your Warlock is spec'd into Magtheridon's Fury and just spams Seed during the sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I disagree with this soaking order. Go with Blood DK, Warlock, then Spriest. All three of these classes are able to soak without dropping below 80, thus making it so they don't get the stun or DoT effect.

Other things to note:
    Have your warlock AoE off the boss with SB:SoC and SoC with MF.
    Have your Blood DK spec into rolling blood and glyph pestilence, Blood Boil once every wave of orbs.

With the Warlock AoEing, your Blood DK can solo an orb for up to 5 stacks as well.

I haven't done heroic on my rogue, but these are thing I've learned tanking it on my DK.

We did this with a little tweak, we used the SPriest instead of the lock, and we only had 2 adds each phase with killing 5 sparks both times. Thanks all for the suggestions, the CoS as somebody else mentioned when the add starts pulsating also saved me a few times as tanks were slow a couple times, highest my stacks got to was 31 when I forgot to reset cause I was killing sparks. But with 60k ticks from each spark dying I reset I recommend not doing more then that haha it hurts. The sparks as I said ain't a problem I killed almost all 10 before they made it halfway to the pillars. I haven't checked my logs for up times and the like but pretty sure it ain't to bad. P3 was our only phase we had any problems with and that's because our DK tank used AOD on the little adds and took forever to get them on the glass so we lost a couple people there, but still dead boss is dead. Thank you all again for your post.

Deleted
    if youre the only melee in a 10man group and youre a rogue you have no business with the astral add. you stay on the boss and do everything you can to keep a third add from spawning, you do not soak the dmg, I dont think its even possible anymore. you said you have no trouble killing 5 sparks yourself, so thats good. if anybody else has trouble tell your spriest to skill cascade, it is a huge relief in the sparks phase. other than I can only recommend shadowstep over preparation. its good to be able to almost immediately get back onto the boss after resetting your stacks. dont forget that feint helps you reduce pretty much any dmg you could possible get during the whole fight

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fellaand View Post
    and that's because our DK tank used AOD on the little adds and took forever to get them on the glass so we lost a couple people there, but still dead boss is dead. Thank you all again for your post.
    go tricks and fok those adds

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    go tricks and fok those adds
    Yea, I just lit in to the boss. I let all the range aoe them, and our priest had a noob moment and was in front of the boss when he did his breath bahahah. I tricks and FoK and CT if i have any combo points when we stack them off the glass but after that its all theirs can't remember if I did it on that last transition though, but still he's dead and we know what we gotta do from now on.