Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have zero issue with this.

Why? Because more guilds will faction change to benefit from this.

What will that do? Alert blizzard that it's happening, meaning they'll have no choice but to buff Alliance racials for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    There's actually a pretty simple fix, and one that will maintain the current status quo.

"Beast Slaying: Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%. This racial does not function against raid bosses."
    So the one time this racial is actually useful, you want to make it not useful?

I'll make you a deal, let Blizzard change Beast slaying to what you quoted above...and then they can also make the following change:

"Every Man for Himself : Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects, 2 minute cooldown. This racial does not function in Arena or Rating Battlegrounds."

sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post

I'll make you a deal, let Blizzard change Beast slaying to what you quoted above...and then they can also make the following change:

"Every Man for Himself : Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects, 2 minute cooldown. This racial does not function in Arena or Rating Battlegrounds."

sound good?
    Beast Slaying has uses now, for leveling and dailies. It's not as if Trolls don't have other beneficial racials available to them for raiding and PvP.

There is an argument to be made for the removal of all racials from a competitive PvE/PvP situation, but I'm getting the impression from a lot of these responses that Troll players think that they somehow deserve to be handed an additional 5% damage on these encounters.

Trolls have come a long way from vanilla. If you've been holding out for reparations, you should abandon the mindset.
    Last edited by Pert; 2013-02-10 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted

sound good?
    I see how those two scenarios are totally the same. Wait.. No I don't.
    If humans would've had something like a passive damage boost or whatever on the side of EMfH then I'd think that making it not effect Arena/RBG/raids would totally make sense.
    You guys who compare the "major" (EMfH for example) racials to beastslaying don't seem to be understanding that it should in fact be compared to Berserking, which is trolls "major" racial (lack of better wording, but you get the point).

And also, please stop saying that Berserking is a bad racial. Theres a reason why so many top PvE players are playing trolls.. And I can guarentee, its not for their looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    If the racial isn't useful now, that should be addressed. The solution should not be to hand Trolls an additional 5% damage on ~1/3 of the boss encounters in the upcoming raid tier.

There is an argument to be made for the removal of all racials from a competitive PvE/PvP situation, but I'm getting the impression from a lot of these responses that Troll players think that they somehow deserve to be handed an additional 5% damage on these encounters.

Trolls have come a long way from vanilla. If you've been holding out for reparations, you should abandon the mindset.
    The point being that a racial that is supposed to be a benefit finally actually IS a benefit and you want it nerfed. I gave an example of THE most OP racial in the game that could easily be changed, too So OP for a few bosses in a single raid tier vs OP 24/7 if you PvP.

cool fact: the only troll character I have is a hunter alt I barely play, and an ORC would be a better choice if I gave a @#$# about racials
    Last edited by azurrei; 2013-02-10 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    Dunno what you smoke, but for round numbers, let's say you do 100k dps. You change to troll and, let's say you're a hunter. Your Serpent Sting does not 5k per tick, but 5250, your KC does not 60k but 63k. It roughly translates to at most 3% increase, go to simcraft for better numbers, I tested it in simcraft and average is a bit more than 1.5% dps. It's not really that much, community should stop at some point with this numbers. To some, 0.01% difference would kill a spec.
    You don't know what you are talking about. Kill command's damage isn't affected and it is a 5% dps increase for classes who don't have pets. Every attack gets boosted by 5% so it would be a 5% dps increase. Simple math.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

The point being that a racial that is supposed to be a benefit finally actually IS a benefit and you want it nerfed.
    It's a benefit right now. 5% additional damage to beasts is a solid leveling perk.

I gave an example of THE most OP racial in the game that could easily be changed, too So OP for a few bosses in a single raid tier vs OP 24/7 if you PvP.
    There's no "vs" here. Blizzard isn't obliged to play tit-for-tat with you, and whether EMFH is OP has no bearing on whether Beast Slaying will be in 5.2.

EDIT - At the risk of getting side-tracked here, there's also the issue that barring EMFH from rated PvP would have the effect of making Humans incredibly undesirable for PvP. Trolls are and would continue to be a desirable PvE race choice, even without Beast Slaying.
    Last edited by Pert; 2013-02-10 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I have zero issue with this.

Why? Because more guilds will faction change to benefit from this.

What will that do? Alert blizzard that it's happening, meaning they'll have no choice but to buff Alliance racials for PvE.
    The top1 guild changed and only 2 out of the TOP10 25man guilds are alliance, if this havent alerted blizzard I dont know what will...

They will come with the D&D excuse again about racials

So basically, this will all blow over when the world-first kills prove that only a small handful of even the top players race switched to Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

5% is massive especially if you have multiple people that get that advantage, you have to keep in mind though that some races might be better for a class than troll is reducing the benefit of that 5% in the process. Yelling that the world is gonna die because the entire raid gets 5% more damage if they go troll is stupid
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    It is if you take into account things like target swapping , up-time, movement etc. That 5% will almost never relate to a 5% Damage dealt increase at the end of the fight. Personal Skill will always yield a higher % increase in dps than that racial. Not to mention one mistake at the wrong time nullifies the entire racial advantage.

On a side-note, people need to freek out less and learn how balancing is done. You'd figure after all these years people would be smarter than this.... /sigh
    Yeah it still is a 5% increase because without beast slaying you'd still be target switching, so your overall dps would be X. With the same target switching it would be X+5%.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

The point being that a racial that is supposed to be a benefit finally actually IS a benefit and you want it nerfed.
    Yeah and there are so many troll mage running around in top guilds because they have no racial already that is beneficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The top1 guild changed and only 2 out of the TOP10 25man guilds are alliance, if this havent alerted blizzard I dont know what will...

They will come with the D&D excuse again about racials
    Well they would have to stupidly overbuff alliance racials to stop the trend which isn't going to happen anyways.

blizzard saw trolls underrepresented in 5.1 so they made several bosses as beast types in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides that racial, why do trolls have bow specialization and not elves? In all the RTS games and the troll npc's in WoW have spears and axes. They should have thrown racial not bow. It makes no sense. Bows are for elves. We all know this.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Yeah and there are so many troll mage running around in top guilds because they have no racial already that is beneficial.

Well they would have to stupidly overbuff alliance racials to stop the trend which isn't going to happen anyways.
    at this point I would be happy to see all racials go away

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    and acording to your armory your def part of the 97% who don't deserve a say in balance.
    I quit in Ds when my guild disbanded cause DS was so god damn boring they would rather play SWTOR than show up to raid. kinda like half of the guilds in the top 100. Look at my sinestra kill and rag kill.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shrooms/simple is my druids armory that was my main. Its now a alt I use for a IRL buddy's alt run.
    The best part is, I actually agree, racials need a complete overhaul and one race shouldn't have a large advantage on a tier. Especially because it can throw faction balance off. However, since you act like a child in presenting your opinions, I'm glad that Trolls/Horde are getting an advantage this tier just because it pisses you off.

It must be cool having more than one racial that does anything.

As a Blood Elf DPS caster you have a single racial that does anything, and it's mildly useful in 1 out of 16 encounters while being 100% worthless in the others.

I really wish racials were just cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    T11 - Magmaw, Chimaeron was uncategorized
    I'm pretty sure Chimaeron is a beast. You can even tell his stats by using Beast Lore. He's even listed under NPC's > Beasts on Wowhead.

Too bad Hydras can't be tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    Besides that racial, why do trolls have bow specialization and not elves? In all the RTS games and the troll npc's in WoW have spears and axes. They should have thrown racial not bow. It makes no sense. Bows are for elves. We all know this.
    It was initially throwing specialization, but was eventually expanded to all ranged weapons for balance (not lore) reasons.