Poll: Worst Expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    We all know that "the current expansion is the worst" and "the past expansion is the best". At least, that was the trend in every single expansion. I assume MoP gets some hate precisely because it is the current expansion.

But Cata was a hit of reality. It was so bad, so bad, that even being the previous expansion, people don't glorify it.

I believe it will be firmly the worst expansion until the end of WoW. Unless, of course, Blizz screws up totally and makes a worse expansion *shivers*
    I full agree. I would be very surprised if people started holding up Cata as the glory days. Even though it was tedious to find a group in chat, get to the meeting stone, summon, etc... it did build community. I hated the fact that nobody had to even leave SW or Org. The world was dead and it felt like a single-player game.

But yes, a worse expansion would be horrendous.

Poll about follows my feelings. Cata was the first expansion that felt "flat" to me. The rest were ok but cata was a bit... I dunno... it just seemed rather "by the numbers" and lacking effort. Liking MoP so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    We all know that "the current expansion is the worst" and "the past expansion is the best". At least, that was the trend in every single expansion. I assume MoP gets some hate precisely because it is the current expansion. And even so, the feedback is widely positive in every site I visit. Even with the "current expansion hate".

But Cata was a hit of reality. It was so bad, so bad, that even being the previous expansion, people don't glorify it.

I believe it will be firmly the worst expansion until the end of WoW. Unless, of course, Blizz screws up totally and makes a worse expansion *shivers*
    Very few people glorified Wrath in Cata. It's only now you are seeing the "Wrath was awesome" statements coming out in force. Sure Cata may be worse, however I think come next xpac you will see the pattern continue.

Deleted
    Chose MoP. Pick any of the usual listed reasons and white knight about that. Like it makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    Very few people glorified Wrath in Cata. It's only now you are seeing the "Wrath was awesome" statements coming out in force. Sure Cata may be worse, however I think come next xpac you will see the pattern continue.
    Lots of people liked Wrath when it was current, they liked it during Cata and they still like it now. I doubt that people's opinion of Cata is going to change in the next expansion and the only way it will not be remembered as the worst expansion is if Blizzard produce something even worse.

Vanilla was the worst. Full of bugs, stupid grinds, very unbalanced classes, and such.

MoP comes after it, Cata after it, then TBC, and Wrath was the best.

So basically:

Vanilla<<<MoP<<<Cata<<<TBC<<<Wrath.

World of Thrallcraft (Cata) can go fuck itself

I voted for WotLK. I just didn't care for the direction they took the game. Too many things became faceroll, and the ease of getting gear negated most of the progression. A fresh 80 could within a week easily catch up to players who busted their butt to grind gear from raids. I just disagree with that model and will never like it. I'm glad they're going away from that in MoP.

Thread title: Worst Expansion

Poll options include "Vanilla".

Oddly I don't remember paying for any such expansion, please go on?

The one that killed me the most was WOTLK. It brought the LFD, dumbing down of heroic dungeons, easy mode Naxx, and northrend in general was just unappealing to me. The change from BC to WOTLK was too much for me. I quit about 2 months in. I understand that it seemed to get better later on with Ulduar and ICC, but have also heard that their catch up mechanism (much like cata) was way too easy and uninteresting.

Idk, everyone has their own opinions, but in my overall time of playing wow, wotlk was by far the worst. I'm loving MOP on the other hand ^_^

Cata<Mop<Vanila<Wrath<TBC

Really didn't like Cata, some of the changes where awesome but the general feel was just shit, overhauling the world is all well and good, but the expansion itself was just so meh.

TBC had some of the most amazingly fun things to do in any expansion, PvP was actually worth doing and the game was pretty well balanced, difficulty wise, even if some classes where op, the feel of the expansion was great, and a good player playing his class well finally meant something.

Wrath was a great expansion because of the introduction of hard modes and real achievements, Ulduar was great fun and Naxx was a cool raid if a little bit easy, ICC was an incredibly well put together raid which just outstayed its welcome, didn't stop it being awesome, only real blunder was ToC, but even Blizzard can't do everything right. May have been a fairly easy laid back expansion, but being introduced to the LFG system (my god that was groundbreaking) and the first truly puggable raid content made it a fun expansion, brought back some of that server feel that was lost with x-realm+LFG.

MoP has been a bit dry so far, the raids are nice and varied mechanically but some of the design choices have left me scratching my head, classes feel ok but coming back to one is a daunting task, and doing the daily grind is a dreadful mechanic. PvP feels so horribly segregated that I have no interest in it what so ever (by no means am I a PvE player, but when I have to do the full grind in both to be any use, one has to be left out) overall it could have been much better, the Black Prince line is quite a nice idea, but in practice it just feels like another thing you have to do, rather than a super special legendary quest.

Not much can really be said about vanilla, it was a good game where everyone was a noob just like you, and you always had something to do
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-02-10 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    I voted for WotLK. I just didn't care for the direction they took the game. Too many things became faceroll, and the ease of getting gear negated most of the progression. A fresh 80 could within a week easily catch up to players who busted their butt to grind gear from raids. I just disagree with that model and will never like it. I'm glad they're going away from that in MoP.
    what total BS.

A new player at 80 could after a moderate amount of investment in time and effort reach the teir behind teh current level. Not catch up, and not within a week.

please dont just spout total crap. At least try to stay in touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Lots of people liked Wrath when it was current, they liked it during Cata and they still like it now. I doubt that people's opinion of Cata is going to change in the next expansion and the only way it will not be remembered as the worst expansion is if Blizzard produce something even worse.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Best+expansion
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orst+expansion
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pansion-of-WoW
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-expansion-co
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=expansion
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...joyed-the-most

Consensus was pretty high that WOTLK was pretty ordinary except for Ulduar... Up until Cata had been out of over year, then you started to see support for it increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woops I accidently voted for BC because I thought it said which one was the best :S, worst for me has been MoP. Didn't like the way I had to do a billion dailies just to keep up with the demands of the raid. Definitely preferred the gated, dungeon-orientated set up of BC. Plus it had the first every dragon mounts in the game. Also it just felt real, it felt like the content wasn't forced so it gave the entire expansion an organic feel. Every zone had its own purpose and drew you back to it even after you hit max level. I always found myself exploring new areas in almost every zone. MoP I just felt was boring, there was a quest/daily area and that was about it.

But that's just my two cents...
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    please dont just spout total crap.
    Not surprising that I'm getting attacked personally for my views, but actually it's true...a fresh 80 toon could become raid-ready for current content within a week.
    Again, I just disagree with that model. And I'm glad it is no longer possible under the current design of the game.

I say Cata. It was not a horrible expansion but definitely the worst so far. It did bring some good stuff like transmog, reforge, archeology, LFR, void storage, Vashj'ir, Deepholm, vanilla zones remade. The leveling was Okish but the zones had no connection with each other in terms of land or story. Raid tier 11 was great and had interesting instances and bosses. Firelands was also good, especially heroic Ragnaros, but it felt like we should have had more bosses in Firelands or a whole other, smaller raid instance to go with it. It was with the release of Dragon Soul raid that the Cataclysm expansion really dropped. The raid instance was too bland and unspired. The zone itself was mostly a copy-paste from Dragonblight. There was not enough bosses (especially since the raid instance was meant to keep us occupied until MoP) and the ones we had were not really interesting. Deathwing was a poor main antagonist compared to the Lich King. We barely got to even see him. He was nothing more but another dumb dragon. His fight and death were both lame and could have been so much more epic. The whole expansion had a lot of potential, but Blizzard scrapped a lot of ideas and grew lazy. I guess part of the reason was because they had to redo all the classic WoW zones and their quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    TBC > WotLK > MoP(pretty bad) > Cata(by far the worst)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata for me although I'm not counting classic but it's really hard for me to rate vanilla; I had a ton of fun back then, but I think a huuuuge portion of that was the novelty.

Cata implemented a lot of great new features but was lacking in fun and exciting end-game content. It was the only time in the history of WoW where I've ever logged in and felt bored.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Cataclysm. Sad expansion.

Deleted

Most poeple I know prefered wrath whilst it was current, prefered it in cata and still prefer it.

Anecdotal, and unscientific evidence admittedly, but then again so is yours.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    Not surprising that I'm getting attacked personally for my views, but actually it's true...a fresh 80 toon could become raid-ready for current content within a week.
    Again, I just disagree with that model. And I'm glad it is no longer possible under the current design of the game.

you are not being personally attacked. but it remains a fact what you posted was BS.

what you posted was:
    "Too many things became faceroll, and the ease of getting gear negated most of the progression. A fresh 80 could within a week easily catch up to players who busted their butt to grind gear from raids"
    which was not true. A new player could get up to the penultimate level of gear pretty quickly, which was a great thing. I can only assume you missed out on raiding in TBC and the massive issues with catchup at the end of the expansion.
    The catch up in wrath did not "negate most of the progression" or anything similar.
    The only raid content that matters is current teir. Everything else is outdated. If you hated being able to get to T8 quickly when T9 was current, then I assume you hate that people just skip over T1-7 to? Outdated content is outdated, and people should be able to get to an entry level into current content asap. Which is all that wrath did.
    Last edited by mmoc7b2c979220; 2013-02-10 at 11:29 PM.