Farm Ironpaw Tokens

So I finished To Be a Master and I'm working on farming Ironpaw Tokens for the apprentice thing. What is the best way to farm for the tokens via bundle of groceries?

10+ Year Old Account
    ask jinyu the drunk wat that days special crop is and plant it on all your toons and u'll get atleast 1 token a day, the more alts you have the more tokens per day you can get

Buy cheap meats/fish/etc from the AH
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by OriHimee View Post
    ask jinyu the drunk wat that days special crop is and plant it on all your toons and u'll get atleast 1 token a day, the more alts you have the more tokens per day you can get
    This is incorrect.

Let's just say the forecast for today was Juicycrunch Carrot for me. I got a 115 of them after harvesting all 16 plots. Which is 1 Ironpaw Token. If I plant 16 of them, I'll have 1 Spirit of Harmony and 6 Mote of Harmony. Which is also 1 Ironpaw Token.

If we take the above, and apply it to 2 days worth of farming, we get:
    115 × 2 = 230 Juicycrunch Carrot = 2 ironpaw tokens
    16 × 2 = 32 Songbell Seed = 3 ironpaw tokens

So from that, we can see that in the longer run, Songbell Seeds give you more Ironpaw Tokens from your farm. So if you just want Ironpaw Tokens and don't care about mats for cooking, Songbell Seed is the way to go.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Go farm turtles in the same zone, fast respawn/drops their meat got about 10 tokens an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    So I finished To Be a Master and I'm working on farming Ironpaw Tokens for the apprentice thing. What is the best way to farm for the tokens via bundle of groceries?
    Fishing Octopus i found to be both very quick, and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Buy cheap meats/fish/etc from the AH
    This should be the best way if you're on a high/medium pop server.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    This is incorrect.

Let's just say the forecast for today was Juicycrunch Carrot for me. I got a 115 of them after harvesting all 16 plots. Which is 1 Ironpaw Token. If I plant 16 of them, I'll have 1 Spirit of Harmony and 6 Mote of Harmony. Which is also 1 Ironpaw Token.

If we take the above, and apply it to 2 days worth of farming, we get:
    115 × 2 = 230 Juicycrunch Carrot = 2 ironpaw tokens
    16 × 2 = 32 Songbell Seed = 3 ironpaw tokens

So from that, we can see that in the longer run, Songbell Seeds give you more Ironpaw Tokens from your farm. So if you just want Ironpaw Tokens and don't care about mats for cooking, Songbell Seed is the way to go.
    Actually, I spoke too soon and OriHimee is correct.
    Using your alts to send you vegetables will get you the most tokens that way, however on the character you want to get tokens on, Songbells are the best.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

I like farming materials, I don't buy something for the AH unless I don't have the time to go farm it. I could buy it and then farm gold to replace what I spent but I abhor dailies. I did find a spot where I can get enough stacks of meat for about 5 tokens in 30 min. If I can do better by catching octopus with about 530 fishing skill and a +30 rod ill switch to that.

I also only have one 90 but it does have 16 plots. I will certainly plant song bells to lessen the meat or fish I need to get.
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2013-02-11 at 06:06 AM.

Deleted
    Turtle meat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    I like farming materials, I don't buy something for the AH unless I don't have the time to go farm it. I could buy it and then farm gold to replace what I spent but I abhor dailies. I did find a spot where I can get enough stacks of meat for about 5 tokens in 30 min. If I can do better by catching octopus with about 530 fishing skill and a +30 rod ill switch to that.

I also only have one 90 but it does have 16 plots. I will certainly plant song bells to lessen the meat or fish I need to get.
    To get 5 tokens you'd need 100 fish divided by 30 minutes = You'd need to catch 1 fish every 20 sec and keep that up for the full 30 minutes. That would work if you stay in 1 place the whole time and just catch what comes up, but that won't work if you have to chase pools. With Golden Carp cropping up everywhere and you needing 60 of them to get the same deal as normal fish, I can guarantee you that fishing will be less efficient then getting meat if you indeed can get 5 tokens in 30 minutes.

The mobs I farm have an insane respawn rate, matching the pre nerf turtles but the drop varies wildly. One day Ill get 5 in 30 and the next ill only get 3 or 4.

You can also just farm Spirit of Harmony as well. Might be slower than farming turtles or fishing, but you might even have less people fighting for the mobs.

It depends what you want to do.

Farming meat (such as turtles) is the most efficient for tokens, since you'll also be able to get motes of harmony periodically, which you can trade for more tokens.

I personally did my farming with fishing, since I was also working on maxing my fishing skill at the time as well as farming the quest items for Nat Pagle.

Using your farming plots on sunsong ranch and farming the vegetables predicted by Jogu the Drunk, you will be able to get roughly 5 tokens per 4 days worth of veggies on a character with all 16 farm plots available. Since it only takes a few minutes to do your farming, this is the fastest way to get tokens, but limited by how many farming plots you have access to.

just do dailies son

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    It depends what you want to do.

Farming meat (such as turtles) is the most efficient for tokens, since you'll also be able to get motes of harmony periodically, which you can trade for more tokens.

I personally did my farming with fishing, since I was also working on maxing my fishing skill at the time as well as farming the quest items for Nat Pagle.

Using your farming plots on sunsong ranch and farming the vegetables predicted by Jogu the Drunk, you will be able to get roughly 5 tokens per 4 days worth of veggies on a character with all 16 farm plots available. Since it only takes a few minutes to do your farming, this is the fastest way to get tokens, but limited by how many farming plots you have access to.
    This is wrong. Looking for the best way to get Ironpaws a few months ago, everyone told me to plant Jogu's suggestions... over 4 days that's only (roughly) 5 tokens.

If you want to farm them, plant Songbells and exchange Harmonies for your tokens - that's 6.4 in the same four days.

fishing for 5 hours should yield about 20-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I went the songbell route. By far the easiest. Though nothing is stopping you from farming turtles/fishing for bundles of groceries too to make it even quicker.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.