Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    I must live in some alternative reality. More than 15% of all women get raped?
    More than that. I've seen figures stating close to 1 in 4.

Remember, the vast majority of rapes go unreported.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    WTF OP, where the hell are you getting this from? I am a female who did my undergrad in Chicago (with the campus in a really really crappy part of the city--look up where U of C's main campus is) and I never worried about any of these things. And I'm 5'8 115 lbs soaking wet.

I carry mace and took a self defense course when I turned 16 and my dad taught me to shoot at an early age, I can handle myself and most able-bodied women can too.

You sound bitter. >.<
    You not fearing comes back to the strength factor really.
    You have self-defense education as well as are carrying a weapon with you, hence, you are confident that you would be able to overpower the offender.
    And while he does sound bitter, he is sadly correct for the most part.

For some strange reason, rape became a magical word that causes constitution to stop applying for the accused.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2013-02-11 at 10:17 AM.

I must live in some alternative reality. More than 15% of all women get raped?
    No, it's probably just blissful ignorance you live in.

"Nearly 1 in 5 women (18.3%) and 1 in 71 men (1.4%) in the United States have been raped at some time in their lives, including completed forced penetration, attempted forced penetration, or alcohol/drug facilitated completed penetration."

Black, M. L., Basile, K. C., Breiding, M. J., Walters, S. G. S. L., Chen, M. T. M., & Stevens, M. R. (2011). National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    No, it's probably just blissful ignorance you live in.

"Nearly 1 in 5 women (18.3%) and 1 in 71 men (1.4%) in the United States have been raped at some time in their lives, including completed forced penetration, attempted forced penetration, or alcohol/drug facilitated completed penetration."

Black, M. L., Basile, K. C., Breiding, M. J., Walters, S. G. S. L., Chen, M. T. M., & Stevens, M. R. (2011). National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey.
    That's bullshit.
    Close to 20% of women are not raped.
    Feminazis at the world's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    That's bullshit.
    Close to 20% of women are not raped.
    Feminazis at the world's finest.
    They have sources to back them up.

You don't. When you can show equal or more evidence, then you have the ground to call BS.

Stranger Danger!

Some people are taught that anyone could be a possible rapist and its true

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    They have sources to back them up.

You don't. When you can show equal or more evidence, then you have the ground to call BS.
    Their "sources" are women that could just be making up bullshit.

Getting touched on the shoulder constitutes rape to some fucktarded feminists.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I would severely go out on a Limb to say
    Your opinions on objective reality carries very little weight when it comes to determining what the truth actually is. I'll take the police forces and prosecution's statistics on false accusations over a random, baseless claim on the internet any day.

From personal experience
    In other words, based on your imagination when you judged a girl for something to which you have no first hand knowledge of.

It is a sad sad world we live in.
    That we can agree with.

[citation needed]

Deleted

You just seem to not be willing to accept the fact there's sources that support it, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    [citation needed]
    We could say the same to you. ALL of this on BOTH sides is full of ALOT of anecdotal evidence as far as rates go.

They are reported in surveys.
    So it is hearsay. Presenting that as fact is misleading.
    No, it implies one of several things, including (1) the victim decided to not go through the traumatic experience, or (2) the police believed the victim's accusation to be true but the prosecutor did not believe there was enough evidence to convict.
    That is exactly what I wrote. There appears to be no solid evidence.
    There is no basis for you claiming that they could "very likely be false accusations". Not having enough evidence for prosecution, does not automatically make it "false accusations". Detailed studies show that false accusation rates are 2%.
    As I never wrote that they are false accusations your argument is flawed. I wrote that those may plausibly be false accusations, thus treating them as definitive positive accusations is misleading. In addition, please link to the studies you are referring to. Not that I question the validity of those 2%, it is just that citing studies without giving the source does not prove anything.
    These are based on aggregate results. If all the cases are "debateable" then logic dictates that some of then will lean this way while others will lean another - i.e. the "false accused" might have been an actual rapist. To believe that they are all wrong but only in the direction that's convenient for your argument, is silly.
    This is exactly what I wrote. The majority of those cases is debatable (as in, the whole "not reported" and "reported but not prosecuted" sections). The graphical analysis presents them as definitive and absolute, though. Thus it is misleading by default, thus it is no valid proof for the point you are trying to make. This basically makes it a strawman on itself.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "More than half (51.1%) of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance"

Oh, that might explain something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    We could say the same to you. ALL of this on BOTH sides is full of ALOT of anecdotal evidence as far as rates go.
    No, there is at least some evidence for the 15-20% figures.

I've yet to see evidence of "feminazi bitch-harpies making shit up because they won't sleep with me".

Could's and might's are meaningless until you can actually demonstrate their error. Bashing feminists doesn't, in fact, constitute a convincing logical argument.

Deleted
    "More than half (51.1%) of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance"

Oh, that might explain something.
    How would that explain something? O_o

I'm not sure that this threat really exists where I live. There are places one should avoid, specially at night. But not as much people I think. On the other hand, it's never wrong to be a little cautious

Deleted
    Listening to the opinions and views of some of the men in this topic makes me ashamed to be a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    How would that explain something? O_o
    It would explain that men with such depraved proclivities tend to prey upon people they know. Same goes for child molestation. Mostly male, mostly children they're connected to in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No it isn't. Numerous studies substantiate the side that's not talking about "from my experience".