Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Your opinions on objective reality carries very little weight when it comes to determining what the truth actually is. I'll take the police forces and prosecution's statistics on false accusations over a random, baseless claim on the internet any day.

In other words, based on your imagination when you judged a girl for something to which you have no first hand knowledge of.

That we can agree with.
    No, Based on the fact I knew said women, and 4 of the 7 that made it up bragged about it to friends like morons infront of people, and the other 3 confessed they made it up once they realised the trouble they were getting the guy in.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

No, that's ridiculous. The studies show that there is 95% confidence that the numbers are that high. This is incredibly basic research common sense.
    95% yes, but not 100%. That's a 5% chance that the numbers are all wrong right? Which is the same as saying that the numbers could be completely wrong. It's still only potentials not definitives. The fact that you don't understand that is ridiculous.

Not that it doesn't go both ways though. The situation could actually be much much worse. The point I'm trying to raise here however is that you should never use statistics that only show potentials as 100% truth.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    No, Based on the fact I knew said women, and 4 of the 7 that made it up bragged about it to friends like morons infront of people, and the other 3 confessed they made it up once they realised the trouble they were getting the guy in.
    Your anecdotes clearly trump research studies, brah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    I never understood that. If you don't want to do it - you don't do it.
    "You don't do it"?

I had a guy I said no to, get real pissed at me. Pushed me down and was holding me down and trying to get my clothes off, do you realize how fucking helpless I felt? I weighed 44 kg at the time, the guy was more than double my weight and like 30 cm taller than me. I wanted none of it, he was pissed for me not wanting to have sex with him and still wanted it. He stopped when he saw I was crying but still went too fucking far. I didn't dare saying no anymore after that for a long time due to fear.

Exactly how do I "don't do it" if such things are in the back of my mind?

Deleted
    If the truth was "somewhere in the middle" as some here claim that would still mean that about 1 in 10 of all women get raped. 1 in 10.

That doesn't make me feel safe at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Why do men get so angry and disgusted when women are just being careful? If I had a man or woman avoiding me I wouldn't feel bad about, perhaps just wonder if I really look that dodgy. But does it hurt you if a woman avoids you? I don't see any harm done. If they want to be careful or scared, let them be careful or scared. If they have other reasons then let them do that. It's their business. It doesn't affect you in any bad way. Just, let them be? I really don't see the issue there. It's not like she's pointing the finger at you, screaming 'OMG YOU RAPIST! EVERYONE, RUN FOR YOU LIVES!'.

>.>

Ye, and on top of that not every single woman behaves that way. If they do, then it might have something to do that the criminal rate (or similar) is very high in that particular neighbourhood, or she got some bad experience, or a friend of hers got smacked, who knows. I'm not scared of anyone, the only people that I do avoid is when it's a large group of men, like 3+ and they all stare at me. :P
    I thinks one of it might be that we can feel hurt or offended that just by being our gender we cause issue.

I mean look at how some of the men in here think all women are psycho feminists who are out to steal their masculinity. I may have issues with such feminists but i understand why some women might want to avoid me(though most if not all say they feel safe with me) i have a beard and am not always the cleanest or most well shaven of men and i also have ALOT of hair. It is their choice.

But it also is kinda saddening as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    issues with EXTREME FEMINISTS NOT WOMEN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    So again i ask you where have i shown hatred of WOMEN NOT Feminist extremists?
    Just because you classify all women who dared disagree with you as "EXTREMIST FEMINISTS NOT WOMEN" doesn't make you bashing them any less hateful.

I have many female friends maybe more then male at this point.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LZPlDW8#t=156s

I'm sooo tired of this.

Everywhere you look, the internets, television, newspapers etc. Full of stuff villainizing men. Stereotypes, generalizations. Boys expelled from school for playing Cops and Robbers using their fingers as imaginary pistols, male childish behaviour is EVIL! Women need to be cautious around every men they don't know he might be a serial rapist, a man in a kids book store most be a pedophile, don't leave your daughter with your grandparents, God knows what might happen to her. Never allow a man to take a drunk woman home, God know's what he might do to her.

ALERT!! ALERT!!! ALERT!!! everywhere all the fucking time. Babies are men's fault. He doesn't want to be tied down yet, he is 22 made a mistake, just like the chick! HE IS IRRESPONSABLE!

Boys don't get abused, Men don't get abused, Men can't be decieved in relationships, Men cheat! It's fucking alright to send him to Iraq. Oh yeah Pay-Gap! A man should work about 30% more with none of the benefits a woman has (in case she gets pregnant) for the SAME PAY!

You are an A grade student, good on you! Tough luck son tough, we need to take on some B grade female students/workers/politians, so we can meet our affirmative action quotas.

Did you just imply that a woman has a worse sense of direction than you do? Sexist man! You dirty pig MAN, unable to multitask, emotionally underdeveloped, dumb, unable to commit, shut up and go back paying that Alimony for a kid that might not even be yours, or you didn't want! Why are you offended we all know it's scientifically proven you are inferior.

Rant goes on and on and on. But I'll stop myself here.

I have no further contribution to make.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Your anecdotes clearly trump research studies, brah.
    It doesn't need to, I don't believe any "research studies" done for women by feminists. They are constantly skewed with Bias.

Whereas in my own case, I KNOW that 7 out of 9 women lied about their rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Why do men get so angry and disgusted when women are just being careful?
    I am a man, I suppose, and I don't/wouldn't. Just saying.

I have never actually noticed a woman or man trying to avoid me though, maybe because i have such fluffy and cool hair. I perfectly understand not trusting random strangers no matter who you are though. I dont usually worry when i see people about, though i often check behind me at night incase there's a knife wielding maniac coming at me.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is full of fail. All men aren't rapist just like all woman aren't whores. Most people are, or at least try to act, fucking normal and unless you live in total shithole where everybody is a punk and the crime rate is through the roof, then you should be relatively safe in most normal circumstances aka walking around in broad daylight, having a conversation in a bar or what have you; NOT walking home at 4 am on the bad side of town dressed all sexy after a night of chugging long island ice teas. The END.

All the rest is just garbage spoon fed to you by a society where anything that sells goes and where fear is simply meant to divide and conquer, because it's easier to rule (and refuse basic rights for that matter) to a society where everybody hates each other, then one where people actually realize we're all just human.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 11:18 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    "You don't do it"?

I had a guy I said no to, get real pissed at me. Pushed me down and was holding me down and trying to get my clothes off, do you realize how fucking helpless I felt? I weighed 44 kg at the time, the guy was more than double my weight and like 30 cm taller than me. I wanted none of it, he was pissed for me not wanting to have sex with him and still wanted it. He stopped when he saw I was crying but still went too fucking far. I didn't dare saying no anymore after that for a long time due to fear.

See i hear stories like this and my first impulse is to want to fucking beat the shit outta that guy. But my impulses like that are also why i try and say we need to be careful. Emotions can easily override reason. As such i tend to hold views that might lead to people being hurt but also try to keep people from being drawn in by societies emotional basis for laws/judgments.

It doesn't need to, I don't believe any "research studies" done for women by feminists. They are constantly skewed with Bias.

Whereas in my own case, I KNOW that 7 out of 9 women lied about their rape.
    Anecdotal evidence is no evidence. Your little bubble cannot be used to extrapolate the whole world. Just because you're surrounded by trash doesn't make it that way everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you classify all women who dared disagree with you as "EXTREMIST FEMINISTS NOT WOMEN" doesn't make you bashing them any less hateful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LZPlDW8#t=156s
    I don;t i classify ones who tend to preache anti male sentiments or state that their viewsa re absolute. You have shown this trait before. As such i classify you how i see it.

Perhaps i actually treat people properly and don't judge until feel i have sufficient information. Again you have a history of fairly biased posts. Thus my take.

And you'd be surprised how many are nice kind women as well.

I will hold doors for them, buy food for them, i will treat them nicely and with respect as people and individuals. I will even have heated discussions with them.

I'm sorry but just because i seem to be some kind of mysogynistic dick to you doesn't mean i am. You may not be a feminist nutjob but you come across that way to me.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2013-02-11 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is no evidence. Your little bubble cannot be used to extrapolate the whole world. Just because you're surrounded by trash doesn't make it that way everywhere.
    Who's to say that "study" wasn't conducted in a area full of "trash".

"The graphic overestimates the number of false accusations."

"It is true that most rapes go unreported, that the public believes false accusations are exponentially more common than they actually are, and that a man's chances of being falsely accused of rape are incredibly small."

I'm sure the author had the best intentions but it doesn't really change the basic validity of the graphic despite what the slightly misleading title lead MRA misogynists to believe.
    It's still incorrect in other regards. It assumes one rapist per victim (which the article states that it would be much more reasonable to assume 1 rapist per 6 victims), and assumes that 90% of rapes go unreported when in fact 54% go unreported by the government statistics cited in the link.

Who's to say that "study" wasn't conducted in a area full of "trash".
    Sample sizes.

You really need to read up on how these studies are done. Until then, you'll only come off as exceedingly ignorant spouting off anecdotal stories that aren't even verifiable as proof of how all women are.

"You don't do it"?

Which is sadly a way too common situation for many women. And it's also a very hurtful in that when women are too afraid to say no they're basically being raped without the perpetrator actually realizing it. It's a part of what makes many rape cases so difficult and also why so many get away with it I think.

Deleted
    Men are human as well as women are. As long as women and men are not treating each other as human instead of two different kinds it will never get better for either of them. In addition, feminismen isn't always about the womans rights only. It is also about the equality of men and women but most people doesn't know that because they never really were interested in feminismen. If find this thread really amusing since it is about a man that is hurt by the fact that many women are afraid of men in the dark. Good looking women are constantly annoyed by men everywhere they go (even if she is almost clothed like a nun). Believe me, some men say things to you, you really never wanted to hear of anybody. So maybe you should be happy, that some women are taking the other side of the street when they cross your way in the dark instead of confronting you with their somewhat ridiculous fear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "You don't do it"?

I'm sorry for bringing back unpleasant memories. But still, how women intend to fight for rights if they live in fear? You may be weaker physically than most guys, but you can have equal if not stronger will. Can I ask you, that guy learned nothing from his actions?