Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    People who live on other people charity irks me so bad...
    You think he just makes a stream to beg for money?

So it was a guy from Dubai, oh that seems much more legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns View Post
    I'm pretty sure those donations were fake. Though, I'm not sure how you could fake something like that considering it goes through Paypal
    I happened to have watched both Sodapoppins stream live and Reckfuls stream live when these donations happened. Theyre both 100% legit.

They were donated from a guy called Amhai who is very well known to streamers and hes donated to many of them, and mostly sizeable amounts. Reckful didnt ask for this money, it wasnt a set up and definitely wasnt a fake.

Reckful had Sodapoppin on his stream and they were chatting about it for a few hours after the donation came in. They were playing through a game called Amnesia and they started discussing a screenshot of what im guessing was the donators bank balance which showed around $164million!!!

PS Sodah is not Sodapoppin, theyre different people! lol

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Reckful had Sodapoppin on his stream and they were chatting about it for a few hours after the donation came in. They were playing through a game called Amnesia and they started discussing a screenshot of what im guessing was the donators bank balance which showed around $164million!!!
    That's all? I expected more from someone living in dubai...

and if some1 donates you 10k your going to give it away? and do you ever see top streams bag for money? nope and they give away alot of money from weeks/monthly give aways/ give out a 50/100 dollar gift every week ain't cheap.

It's pocket money to people with huge amounts of money.

Streaming is pretty much free entertainment for us, if Amhai wants to give a little bit of his cash to show appreciation to streamers for doing what they're doing then fair play. As long as it's legit I'm happy for them.

Indeed it's pocket money for them, and let them do what they want with there money, if they want to donate to streamers let them.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty wild stuff, but reck provides a service. even soda does in his own way.

0 hate here, good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rich guy likes his stream, wants to donate to help him be able to continue streaming full time, and does so. OP, why so jealous?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure if Swifty received 10k these forums would have the reverse opinion. It may just be me, but I think the Reckful/Soda fanboyism is getting worse than Swifty. At least Swifty's fanbase are mostly young kids around 12-16 range. Reckful have a fanbase of people over 20 that are practically obsessed with him. Its just as awkward as seeing a 35 year old dude wearing a Peyton Manning jersey at your local Walmart. Get a grip people, they're not gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says thank you 0 times.

15+ Year Old Account
    He is a entertainer, so are movie stars, authors, and etc. living off of charity?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I love watching Reckful's stream, and if I had a surplus of money that I didn't want to spend on food or water, then I would consider throwing it in his direction

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    He is a entertainer, so are movie stars, authors, and etc. living off of charity?
    It's not really charity. I know they call it donations, but they're making themselves the employee and the viewers the employer.

You can Chose to donate, or chose not to. So you chose if you want to buy stocks in his "deal", or not

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    I love watching Reckful's stream, and if I had a surplus of money that I didn't want to spend on food or water, then I would consider throwing it in his direction

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:56 AM ----------

It's not really charity. I know they call it donations, but they're making themselves the employee and the viewers the employer.

You can Chose to donate, or chose not to. So you chose if you want to buy stocks in his "deal", or not
    Well people can watch his stream without paying him anything, giving him money just guarantees that he will stream more. If that is my understanding of it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Well people can watch his stream without paying him anything, giving him money just guarantees that he will stream more. If that is my understanding of it.
    Not even, he was streaming too when he received nada.. Even when he was making his Reckful videos (on youtube and WCM), he did it for the fun of it, and didn't ask for anything.

Now that it's popular for streamers to put a donation tab on their stream-page, I guess he joined the bandwagon. I don't mind. It's a choice

Super fanboyism? Doubt it. Money just came around to guys who know how to entertain their viewers. Big deal.

I dont understand why people nagg about this? They pretty much devote their life to play games and entertain people that enjoy their streams. Me my self love to have Reckful on in the background while playing games, as he got alot of funny content in his streams aswell as good gameplay.

I was watching as he got his $10,000 donation, and when he saw that Amhai was the donator he pretty much didnt even dare to look. As he knew it would be a high ammount (As someone here mentioned, this Amhai is well known amoung streamers for giving out huge amounts of donations to them).
    And to be honest, if people like these didnt give out this huge donations, they wouldn't be able to entertain us 15hours every day with their streams. They would have to have a job, and well - a life..

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:15 AM ----------

And you're garanteed he will answere your question if you donate aswell, so you kinda pay to get an answere about anything realy. Though, $1 is enough for that ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

People usually donate large sums of money and refund it, its nothing new.