Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Well if it is a Blizz store transmog gear, i wonder if it will be boe like the gaurdian pet. If so im just going to buy it off the ah after 1 week when sales have gone down.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I don't know where you guys are getting that it might be from the Blizzard store; is there something I missed? Are they planning on doing something radically different with that?

In any case, like I said; I'm personally banking my money that there's going to be one of these Helmets for every single Class. The Sun Crown seems very Warlock-ish (though I wonder if they'll have a Green variant for those who complete the new chain?), and this one feel very Death Knight-ish. I'll bet they wind up either dropping from him on Heroic, or as the new Meta-Achievement reward.

My guess is either the midsummer festival, which makes sense with the fire/frost theme, tcg/store items, or maybe somehow tied to kirin tor/sunreaver factions? Probably not but I could see the sun crown tied to the sunreavers, though associating the frost crown to the kirin tor would be harder. Proabably not that but a crazy idea I thought I'd throw out there.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Well, the main theme for Midsummer is fire and all that, so it fits the Sun Crown.

And Ahune is a Midsummer boss and he fits the Helm of Eternal Winter!

Then again, I doubt they'd make these new models for Midsummer, even though Midsummer could really use some new loot drops.
    Who cares for midsummer loot anyways.. most of the time u will be spending outside IN the midsummer..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I was about to post how I would guess this is going to be part of a Blizzard Store transmog set, and now I see others have had the same idea. They're going to add one eventually for sure. IMO that helm would be ugly without matching armor to go with it. It just wouldn't match anything at all.

I also wouldn't doubt if its a legendary helmet the DK class gets in 5.4. Blizzard has said this legendary questline will lead to a legendary item, and not specifically a weapon. They flat out said 'item'. Which makes me think it could be this helmet and every class will get their own unique helmet. I mean we're getting a brand new meta gem for helmets in this patch right now, so a legendary helmet to put it in would fit perfectly.

Obvious DK only helm, sorry kids that helm is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Wow I was about to post how I would guess this is going to be part of a Blizzard Store transmog set, and now I see others have had the same idea. They're going to add one eventually for sure. IMO that helm would be ugly without matching armor to go with it. It just wouldn't match anything at all.

I also wouldn't doubt if its a legendary helmet the DK class gets in 5.4. Blizzard has said this legendary questline will lead to a legendary item, and not specifically a weapon. They flat out said 'item'. Which makes me think it could be this helmet and every class will get their own unique helmet. I mean we're getting a brand new meta gem for helmets in this patch right now, so a legendary helmet to put it in would fit perfectly.
    Because they were so happy with how sha weapons worked out.

Fire Festival reward possibly of some sort

I for one, severly doubt it has anything to do with the new Meta gems.

Purely because it is an actual crown, i dont think they'd make the gem change the helms appearance.

I also dont think it would be for midsummers, purely because it looks too good for that... However, a Heroic drop, or a Legendary Item, or perhaps as many others have said, store bought, would probably be the better choices...

As for classes, i reckon it'd suit DK's definately, but also, i reckon it'd possibly suit a Frost Mage or Lock.

Blizz Store Transmog gear seem very unlikely. They don't even show the new character models for fear of drama, least even sell xmog for real cash.

Now cosmetic stuff from BMAH looks very likely. Way more than forcing those effects on headgear because a metagem.