Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How would it not work for PvP? It would allow you to cast while moving. It is easily dispellable / removed. Would allow you to keep moving with your healer so long as you weren't focused / dotted. If you were dotted, it would be up to your healer or even self dispels to remove them. It would greatly depend what kind of comp you were running with, but overall a possible and viable mechanic.

Please elaborate on how it would not work, instead of just saying it won't.

if you're talking about levitate, it cancels when you receive ANY damage and it would be op in bgs and world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanamii View Post
    How would it not work for PvP? It would allow you to cast while moving.
    Please elaborate on how it would not work, instead of just saying it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    if you're talking about levitate, it cancels when you receive ANY damage
    Pretty much this. It would be a simple matter to stop a priest from casting any spell while moving, levitate or not. A simple Shadow Word: Pain or Corruption or a Moonfire or Warrior DoT would shut down the mechanic completely. It. Would. Not. Work.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Percephonie1: @Ghostcrawler @h3lladvocate And you still lose 25% output in the stance you're not in while no others healers have to deal with this. Why?

@Ghostcrawler: @Percephonie1 Chakra is the Holy priest resource. You could ask why Holy paladins need to build up Holy Power before using WoG or EF.
    So that explains why I'm having such a horrible problem with Chakra. I've been thinking of it as a restrictive stance system and not the "Resource" that it's supposed to be.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

I'm grateful I wasn't sitting down when I read that, because really, I'd have the edge of my desk embedded into my skull right about now. This is just as bad as "MC is really powerful because you can use enemy player's abilities". Like, are you seriously fucking kidding me right now?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I tweeted a response! Don't tell my friends I tweeted, they'll make fun of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    @Percephonie1: @Ghostcrawler @h3lladvocate And you still lose 25% output in the stance you're not in while no others healers have to deal with this. Why?

@Ghostcrawler: @Percephonie1 Chakra is the Holy priest resource. You could ask why Holy paladins need to build up Holy Power before using WoG or EF.
    So that explains why I'm having such a horrible problem with Chakra. I've been thinking of it as a restrictive stance system and not the "Resource" that it's supposed to be.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

I'm grateful I wasn't sitting down when I read that, because really, I'd have the edge of my desk embedded into my skull right about now. This is just as bad as "MC is really powerful because you can use enemy player's abilities". Like, are you seriously fucking kidding me right now?
    ...knowing you're not serious on this one, let's not even pretend on this one, okay? Thanks.
    I need you to talk me away from the edge here, Kelesti. I'm about to flip through the yellow pages for Assassins-R-Us.

It's a good thing this is only a game.

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    I tweeted a response! Don't tell my friends I tweeted, they'll make fun of me!
    Calling it crazy just gets us ignored alltogether.

Mind you at this point there's not a lot of difference with their echo chamber as it is, so I really don't know why I try anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Pretty much this. It would be a simple matter to stop a priest from casting any spell while moving, levitate or not. A simple Shadow Word: Pain or Corruption or a Moonfire or Warrior DoT would shut down the mechanic completely. It. Would. Not. Work.
    Yes, a simple dot would cancel the effect. It's up to you or your arena team to dispel the dots so you can go back to levitating. You all sound like you want something that is going to be considered overpowered so it can just get nerfed again. Try to think of something that is A) Not considered already Overpowered; B) Something that blizz would even consider implimenting. How about Levitate or Inner Focus(just 2 examples) that allows the brief use of spells while moving after cast with a 30 second internal CD?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

what..?

A... resource? What is this... I don't even

Out of all the times GC has stumped me this is the one time I seriously mean it.

I have... no words..

Chakra is no where near a resource......... you switch chakra to get differnt moves, just like freaken stances monks and warriors use.

Im....

ARRRGHGHGHGHGHGH
    Last edited by zito; 2013-02-11 at 09:14 PM.

Yes, a simple dot would cancel the effect. It's up to you or your arena team to dispel the dots so you can go back to levitating. You all sound like you want something that is going to be considered overpowered
    Except there is a cooldown on defensive dispel.

<snip>...Try to think of something else
    Okay. Fair enough. First and foremost: I agree with GC when he says there should be no instant cast DD spells. That said, I agree that when you say "This doesn't work" you should advocate an option that does maybe work. One has already been mentioned in the thread (but not by me) Kil'jaeden's Cunning. Another Possibility: Inner WILL allowing a cast to be cast while moving every X seconds; that would be an interesting choice. But the real reason Spriests need to cast while moving is because by standing still they are immediately locked out of Shadow, and can barely cast at all. This goes back to Mind Spike, and how if they (belatedly) revamped the spell it could solve a lot of issues.

@zito

That's pretty much my response in it's entirety.

With no cooldown, you aren't making any choices about your healing focus. You're just changing it whenever it suits you.
    With no cooldown, you aren't making any choices about your healing focus.
    You're just changing it whenever it suits you.
    Did this idiot just contradict himself? Or am I still crazy that chakra is considered a resource?

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...33694360133632

If aoe damage is going out I want to be in sanctuary, but then I need single target spot healing so I switch to it but then aoe healing happens 15 seconds later and now im -25% less effective on aoe healing. It's not like a paladin deciding between WoG and cone because it uses a resource you build up not a cooldown on a resource.

And then he gives PvP a -25 sec CD for chakra.

Does he even design priests?
    Last edited by zito; 2013-02-11 at 09:23 PM.

Could also change the Glyph of Penance to also include Mind Flay or Mind Spike.

i'm not talking about fight mechanics. as i said i know it helps movement dps if you get lucky with procs or keep them beforehand. but instead, i'm talking about a reliable movement dps tool that we can use. (or spam, however you'd like to name it)
    You are just not getting it. What's the point of complaining about something that has only happened a few time in 9 years. If you want a dps ability to use while moving we have sw. The problem then Becomes do you think this is efficient enough, which is a different debate from what I've been saying.
    Last edited by Drye; 2013-02-11 at 09:49 PM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Could also change the Glyph of Penance to also include Mind Flay or Mind Spike.
    Because Shadow cares about mana costs?

With Scorch, mages DPS drops to cast it, even if they can while moving. Shadow won't get a freebie, especially on its main filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    You are just not getting it. What's the point of complaining about something that has only happened a few time in 9 years. If you want a dps ability to use while moving we have sw. The problem then Becomes do you think this is efficient enough, which is a different debate from what I've been saying.
    i know that we can spam sw: p while moving. and i also know that it's not efficient. that's why people are asking for an efficient and more reliable option to dps while moving instead of spamming -10k samage. that was my whole point.

[QUOTE=Kelesti;20184196]Because Shadow cares about mana costs?

No Kelesti, to allow these abilities to be cast while moving. They are weak fillers, easy to interrupt, do not cause Shadow Orbs. Why the hell would you even look at the mana cost? Lawl spriests mana regen is hard.

^ missing the point completely.

Glyph of Penance has a downside. All major glyphs are supposed to. For healing Priests, that's a higher mana cost. Saying "Oh well make it do it to Shadow too" doesn't work yhat easily. It becomes a mandatory glyph 100% of the time because why the fuck would Shadow care about a higher Mind Flay mana cost?

The Unleashed Lightning glyph has a penalty attached to it. Scorch as a cast-while moving spell has a severe cost attached to it (yes it's spammanle, but it sure as hell isn't your Fireball's DPS). Adding it onto Penance's glyph as is just doesn't work.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-02-11 at 11:16 PM.

i know that we can spam sw: p while moving. and i also know that it's not efficient. that's why people are asking for an efficient and more reliable option to dps while moving instead of spamming -10k samage. that was my whole point.
    You still just don't get it. You are arguing against a point that I have yet to say anything about. I'm talking about the sky and you are talking about the grass. Just two different things. I just don't understand why. My original point was that having a fast cast that does a lot of dmg getting buffed allows us to do more dps on the move in a raid enviroment. And you are trying to argue that sw is inefficient on the move. Two different things.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Kelesti;20183309]

Oh sweet jeebus...this reminds of a story my grandfather once told me. He was in a WHO meeting at the UN and everyone was in agreement except for the russian delegate. After long discussions he was more than overproven that he was wrong. Problem was he couldn't change his mind and loose face. So the very clever french delegate suggested that perhaps there was a problem with the translation and that he'd actually misinterpreted the initial discussion. He was given an out so he could change his mind and the decision could be made. So someone please give GC an out...