Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Yesterday was Sunday, the weekend, now I am pointing out the fallacy you expressed here, keep in mind that weekends in online gaming are completelly different than typical day. It's different, but still, you will see in time. Yes I have the "always try to prove my words" complex, because I am almost always right.
    I don't know who picked moderators, but expressing negative words regarding the game shouldn't be punishable, I don't understand this whole "don't tease them, they will get angry! be nice!" politics. It's soo unnatural and false. Nvm, root here.
    Being spiteful or malicious is not okay.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

We will see in time that a niche game in a niche genre has a niche audience? Eem... sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday was Sunday, the weekend, now I am pointing out the fallacy you expressed here, keep in mind that weekends in online gaming are completelly different than typical day. It's different, but still, you will see in time. Yes I have the "always try to prove my words" complex, because I am almost always right.
    I don't know who picked moderators, but expressing negative words regarding the game shouldn't be punishable, I don't understand this whole "don't tease them, they will get angry! be nice!" politics. It's soo unnatural and false. Nvm, root here.
    Actually, it's more not being a dick to people on these boards. Also, if I'm understanding correctly, you are wrong regarding Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Being spiteful or malicious is not okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Actually, it's more not being a dick to people on these boards. Also, if I'm understanding correctly, you are wrong regarding Twitch.
    Think a little. Not everyone is always in the mood to say negative things in a veeery nice manner "just to not break an egg". I see now, that you read every not "not break an egg" negative comment as an malicious or dick. Guys, you are too sensitive, how can you funcion like that irl? Tell me? You really want that sugary atmosphere, otherwise it's "bad and malicious" ?? ... Even GF will rise her voice and say horrible things if she gets nervous...only those ugly are always sweet, because otherwise it's "over" for them. Sad truth.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-11 at 09:41 PM.

Protip: If you discuss moderation in-thread, you may be in for a bad time. If you have an issue with a moderator/moderation, PM the moderator in question or PM Sunshine/Boubouille. Discussing it in-thread leads to off topic discussions which are against the rules. Just a reminder.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-11 at 09:51 PM.

As was foreseen:P PoE is loosing hours on xfire and watchers on Twith.tv day by day. Well, considering that only a few hardcore players post here, it's sad to say "I told you so?" heh. 4-5 new skills won't repair anything, poor PoE.

Please post productively. "I told you so" posts add nothing to the conversation and generally only serve to cause problems. Infracted. -Edge
    These comments come out on every game.

Games go through peaks and valleys. I don't know how to really say "The game is still in beta" in different languages, but hopefully this will suffice.

This game isn't a Warcraft, it isn't mean to have a 10 million customer base. Would it be nice? Yes. Their goal at this point is to break even. It's a game for the people , by the people. GGG is building their legacy. They can not afford to fail here.

Purposely leaving out Lost Vikings etc., What would've happened if Warcraft 1 was a dud, or Diablo 1? Would Blizzard have been a company that Activision would have sought to purchase? Extremely, extremely doubtful. Blizzard may have gone the ways of THQ if they did not hit home run after home run. It all starts somewhere.

What GGG is doing here is far from a dud.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update on my 6 socket I'm at 112th fusions right now could be more if I trade in my GCP's haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    We will see in time that a niche game in a niche genre has a niche audience? Eem... sure.
    Pretty much how I feel. I was skeptical at first, but after enough people begged me to try it and said it was D2.5, I gave it a shot and agree. Not everyone liked D2, in fact, probably more current D3 buyers would prefer D3 to D2. But for those of us who really weren't kidding when they said that D3 was not a proper successor to D2, PoE fills a great spot in our hearts.

As far as being free to play goes, PoE is amazing. I'm simply amazed that they didn't cater to the lowest common denominator when making the game. They virtually guaranteed that they weren't making a cash cow with the way the game is designed, and they were okay with that. It's not every day you see a group of kids who prefer making the game they want rather than the game everyone else wants, you have to respect that, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. I was skeptical at first, but after enough people begged me to try it and said it was D2.5, I gave it a shot and agree. Not everyone liked D2, in fact, probably more current D3 buyers would prefer D3 to D2. But for those of us who really weren't kidding when they said that D3 was not a proper successor to D2, PoE fills a great spot in our hearts.

As far as being free to play goes, PoE is amazing. I'm simply amazed that they didn't cater to the lowest common denominator when making the game. They virtually guaranteed that they weren't making a cash cow with the way the game is designed, and they were okay with that. It's not every day you see a group of kids who prefer making the game they want rather than the game everyone else wants, you have to respect that, imo.
    I told you :P You would like it but noooooooooooooo

<.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Think a little. Not everyone is always in the mood to say negative things in a veeery nice manner "just to not break an egg". I see now, that you read every not "not break an egg" negative comment as an malicious or dick. Guys, you are too sensitive, how can you funcion like that irl? Tell me? You really want that sugary atmosphere, otherwise it's "bad and malicious" ?? ... Even GF will rise her voice and say horrible things if she gets nervous...only those ugly are always sweet, because otherwise it's "over" for them. Sad truth.
    Good thing I'm not your girlfriend then? I don't shy away from dealing with conflict. I just don't care for it in a forum with a discussion regarding entertainment. Getting upset over it is counterproductive, and trying to tell people that the game they like is dying, going to bomb, is worse than they think, or that they're wrong for liking it, just doesn't make much sense. I'm sorry you assume that only ugly people are polite, and I'm not quite sure why you had to add that for any reason other than to insult us. If that's to prove something about yourself, well, maybe you need to take a step back and take a look at your life.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I told you :P You would like it but noooooooooooooo

<.<
    No it sucks people won't even sell me all the uniques I want at prices I can afford.

Deleted
    Killed piety on cruel tonight and made it to merciless, things starting to get a bit tougher now.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Update on my 6 socket I'm at 112th fusions right now could be more if I trade in my GCP's haha
    Found the thread if you are bored and want a read '1200 fusings and no 6 link'.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...d/58142/page/1

just re read moosifers coment...over 2k orbs :S...hope you have better luck

And Slaughty8 banned....who didn't see that one coming
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-11 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...d/58142/page/1

And Slaughty8 banned....who didn't see that one coming
    Lag like you just crushed my dreams like I'm ma go drown myself now

<.<

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:42 PM ----------

No it sucks people won't even sell me all the uniques I want at prices I can afford.
    Because people like to gouge :P pretty hardcore haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Oh god, that sounds seriously painful.

Hehe. I am actually in the process of downloading Diablo 2 all over again. Can't resist, I love it. Maybe my favorite game. Maybe.

Path of Exile is partially what is promoting this urge for D2 again. I am having such a blast playing my own characters and my husband's characters in POE. Trying out all kinds of crazy combinations, slowly working on HC progress, etc.

Just tons of of fun. I doubt actual long time [consistent decade+ players] fans of Diablo 2 are or would be disappointed in the very specific game systems of Path of Exile.

I guess I have owned about 4 or 5 6L pieces in POE all told.

Though I will say, once I had them I never felt it was quite as "worth it" as I thought.

Could be the skills and builds I tend toward in serious play. But sorta "meh" bonus for having a 6L. Except my Flicker Strike Marauder- where the 6L allowed Flicker Strikes of almost 30k. This was back before there was even an Act 2 boss. When Flicker Strike had no cooldown and seemingly infinite range. Huehuehue.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-11 at 10:50 PM.

One of the devs made a remark about if they added an orb that cost 1500 fusings for a guaranteed 6 linked in one of those threads and tbh i wouldn't mind seeing one like that...my luck sucks and i would likely end up paying that or more to do it the normal way.
    It received a lot of negative feed back though...a lot of them though that would make it to easy but it wouldn't really...most people would get it before 1500 some even in one or 2 fusings...going for the guaranteed orb would require more time in general just for the peace of mind that you will get it.

I would never pay 1500 orbs for a guaranteed link. Surely you can get it before then.....surely....? =/

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never pay 1500 orbs for a guaranteed link. Surely you can get it before then.....surely....? =/
    I'm thinking of setting it to a 5L haha after reading the thread

You would hope...the one that realy would kill me is if you have stacks of fusings and after a few hundred you've picked up pace and doing it pretty much on auto pilot...only to get the 6 linked and by the time your brain registers you've automatically applied another fusing

Mind you...there's nothing to say you couldn't just do it the normal way...just adding the option to do it the other way
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-11 at 11:53 PM.