Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veer View Post
    Would you be able to update the levelling portion?
    I can look to addressing that later this week - have some exams to get through then I'll have time to work on it. In the meantime if you have any pressing questions feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to answer any questions you have.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Deleted
    Trying to configure my shock and awe for the rotation you gave on OP but I have a big question.
    Should I set lava lash to only be used when 5 stacks of searing flame? or should it be used on cd?
    This is how I currently have it configured - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8107/8...a56e0707_b.jpg
    Cause right now it feels a lot like its making me cast LB with 2-3 stacks of MW before Lava lash, have I done anything wrong with it?

Also what cooldown threshold should I have on my priority frame?

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmocd4569adb10; 2013-02-11 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Trying to configure my shock and awe for the rotation you gave on OP but I have a big question.
    Should I set lava lash to only be used when 5 stacks of searing flame? or should it be used on cd?
    This is how I currently have it configured - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8107/8...a56e0707_b.jpg
    Cause right now it feels a lot like its making me cast LB with 2-3 stacks of MW before Lava lash, have I done anything wrong with it?

Also what cooldown threshold should I have on my priority frame?

thanks in advance!
    It should be used on CD as there should never be a time when it's off CD and you don't have 5 stacks (if you don't have 5 stacks that means something went wrong with your totem/FET).

Noticed a fun little tidbit the other day. You might add to the encounters or talents section. Ancestral guidance heals MASSIVELY on fights with dps increases like Elegon or Wind Lord Mel'jarak. Especially for Elegon though, since everyone stacks in the last phase. I popped AG once for total healing of 2.2mil over 10 seconds. An Ele Shaman in the group healed for 3.4mil in the same phase using AG, in the same 10 seconds. Jaw /dropped.

Deleted
    Im kinda new to enhancement and I have a question about the rotation during Ascendance, what abilities if any should avoid to use while ascendance?
    Is it a good idea to still use earth shock, lighting bolt at 3 stacks of MW and such when nothing to do?

Edit: I also use weak auras a lot and I have been wondering if there's any string out there that warns me when im out of melee range while in combat.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmocd4569adb10; 2013-02-14 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Im kinda new to enhancement and I have a question about the rotation during Ascendance, what abilities if any should avoid to use while ascendance?
    Is it a good idea to still use earth shock, lighting bolt at 3 stacks of MW and such when nothing to do?

Edit: I also use weak auras a lot and I have been wondering if there's any string out there that warns me when im out of melee range while in combat.

Thanks in advance.
    The only thing you shouldn't be doing while in Ascendance is hard casting LB - only cast LB with you have MSVx5 since the AA in Ascendance form are so strong. Nothing else will change, simply follow the priority list.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you always use chain lightning as a filler for lightning bolt in 2+ targets situations?

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    Do you always use chain lightning as a filler for lightning bolt in 2+ targets situations?
    I just did some crude napkin math to see how this actually works out. Here are what numbers I got and used (please correct me if wrong):

Assuming 35000 AP which is then 19250 SP, and assuming base damage of LB and CL (without SP multipliers) are 1200 and 1100 (which are both medians in their tooltips from wowhead) you get the following:

LB Base of 1200 + SP coefficient of 73.9% (14225) = 15425 total damage single target for LB
    CL Base of 1100 + SP coefficient of 51.8% (9971) = 11071 total damage single target for LB

CL then has it's damage reduced by 30% per target it jumps to, so the first jump would be around 7750 damage, with the next being around 5400 damage. We can then compare the two and see that CL on 2+ targets does more damage (18821) compared to the 15425 of the single target LB.

However, this is very vacuum based and not showing the whole picture (crits, buffs, etc).

For example, if you have UE:UF talented and are currently buffed with it, your single target LB damage increases by 30%, which then brings the 15425 damage up to around 20052 damage. One could then say with these numbers that it would be better to use LB when the UE:UF buff is up on 2 targets (thus moving CL to 3+ targets), but then without the buff usage returns to 2+ targets for CL.

I'm sure there are other factors in place that I'm currently not addressing, but I think it could be a safe priority rule to say on that when UE:UF is up, CL only at 3+ targets, and when the buff is not up CL at 2+ targets. I'd be interested to hear what others think on this topic.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2013-02-22 at 03:54 PM. Reason: math is hard

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I concluded the same as you did. Only I didn't actually calculate it, I just did some brain storming. Thanks for the good answer

Kinda embarassing, as I've been playing enhancement for a long time, but here goes! What I've done in situations when there's alot of adds: I spread the flameshock once from my main target. Then I target another mob that isn't affected by flameshock, then I do flameshock and spread it one more time. I repeat this for the duration of the fight.

I release I havn't really read up on the spreading of flameshock and I'm thinking that I might be doing this part wrong, so here's a few questions:

- How many does the flameshock spread to?
    - Can I spread FS after I already spread it once on the same flameshock?
    Last edited by psir; 2013-02-23 at 09:19 PM.

I concluded the same as you did. Only I didn't actually calculate it, I just did some brain storming. Thanks for the good answer

Kinda embarassing, as I've been playing enhancement for a long time, but here goes! What I've done in situations when there's alot of adds: I spread the flameshock once from my main target. Then I target another mob that isn't affected by flameshock, then I do flameshock and spread it one more time. I repeat this for the duration of the fight.

I release I havn't really read up on the spreading of flameshock and I'm thinking that I might be doing this part wrong, so here's a few questions:

When you LL a target with FS on it, that causes it to spread. Unless you have the minor glyph of LL that prevents that.

if I recall correctly its 6 targets not affected with flameshock
    Just looked in game, it's 4 targets not affected with flameshock

Every LL will spread it even if its was already spread.
    Last edited by Lavindar; 2013-02-24 at 04:02 AM.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Hey ! Im using the rotation n all, but I cant get over 42k dps...thats in heroics, and a warlock under 460 dpses me out, wtf ? I got 462ilvl atm and I dont get it..my dps is terrible !
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pmoon/advanced link to my armory, legs/neck/weap(s)/gloves/ring and a trinket is switched out. But how in the hell can my dps be so low? even after I pop all my cds ?
    Regards - Deepmoon

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Hey ! Im using the rotation n all, but I cant get over 42k dps...thats in heroics, and a warlock under 460 dpses me out, wtf ? I got 462ilvl atm and I dont get it..my dps is terrible !
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pmoon/advanced link to my armory, legs/neck/weap(s)/gloves/ring and a trinket is switched out. But how in the hell can my dps be so low? even after I pop all my cds ?
    Regards - Deepmoon
    Can you try logging out to update the armory, I'm still seeing you at 453 ilevel, and 42k dps is where you should be at that ilevel. But if your armory is up to date, then here's what I'm seeing.

1) You have spirit shoulders, replace them
    2) Your reforging/gemming/enchanting is non-existance, head over to Ask Mr Robot to help with that as you're not hit/expertise capped and can get more dps out from that, as well as moving around secondary stats properly

However, there's only so much I can help you with if based on what you say and what your armory looks like, if you really want advice on your Enh play you'll need to provide a log of a few boss fights. World of logs is the most common type. If you've never generated logs before check out their quickstart guide. If you can provide these I can take a closer look at how you're playing at specific points in a fight, but as another note, your dps in a 5 man heroic will not be what you'll do in a 10/25 man raid, fight length and mechanics make a large difference, but we can certainly look to correct a few things.

Feel free to PM me once you've generated a log (if you want) or for any further questions as this thread isn't meant as a "help my dps" but as a guide for playing Enh Shaman.

Edit: your armory updated, but my points 1 and 2 from above still stand. I also think that the amount of dps you're doing is in the ballpark of your ilevel. You can't really compared a warlock of equal ilevel to you as all classes scale differently.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2013-02-27 at 07:09 PM.

Thank you for the info mate ! Also, the shoulders I got was bought by a mistake really, fixed gems/reforging and all that. I do have 7.5% hit/exp.
    And yeah, I know its not a help my dps guide, but I dont really understand what Im doing wrong really.

Regards

Just wanted to post here real quick for an update on 5.2. I have plans to update this for 5.2 today, but am currently waiting on the final patch notes from blizzard as I'm expecting one last PTR Patch Update for today. In the meantime, if you have anything you wish to see added to this guide for 5.2 and going forward, please let me by either replying here or PM'ing me.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    Just wanted to post here real quick for an update on 5.2. I have plans to update this for 5.2 today, but am currently waiting on the final patch notes from blizzard as I'm expecting one last PTR Patch Update for today. In the meantime, if you have anything you wish to see added to this guide for 5.2 and going forward, please let me by either replying here or PM'ing me.
    Thank you for keepign this guide going and up to date we all appriciate it. Would it be possible to add a BIS list for 5.2 plz if able.
    Last edited by Wowforlife79; 2013-03-05 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    Thank you for keepign this guide going and up to date we all appriciate it. Would it be possible to add a BIS list for 5.2 plz if able.
    I don't plan on compiling a BiS list. With how stats change as you acquire more of them, depending on your talents or tier, and with how flexible reforging/gemming/enchanting now is I don't see the need to make one as it really comes down to how you want to play, and because of that making a list becomes more of a hassle. If you're looking to see what gear you should move towards, I suggest using AskMrRobot and Simcraft (to find your stat values based on your talent setup) which then will help you pick the gear based on which stats you value most.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 10:50 AM ----------

I've Updated the OP with 5.2 changes. Please check back often as I will be pushing more updates (aka including more math, yay!) for talent choices and gearing over the next two wees. As for all updates, feel free to discuss them here or PM me if you have any questions.

Just as a note, I no longer play my Shaman as my main (Monk FTW) so this guide might not always be the cutting edge in terms of pushing the envelope, but I fully do intend to keep it up-to-date and applicable for people to view for advice/help. Because of this, I'm looking for someone to collaborate with, specifically for the Raid Encounters section. While I will be seeing encounters it will be on my monk, and I can certainly theorize how the encounter would work for Enh, but I might not be able to actually test and see if what I think should/could work will work. Please PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2013-03-05 at 03:51 PM.

First off, this guide is awesome.

Second, is crit really ahead of haste in terms of what we want? I haven't played for a little while, but when I left the consensus around the internet seemed to be that haste was pretty much on par with mastery and had my gear reforged as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    First off, this guide is awesome.

Second, is crit really ahead of haste in terms of what we want? I haven't played for a little while, but when I left the consensus around the internet seemed to be that haste was pretty much on par with mastery and had my gear reforged as such.
    I've found it really depends on your gear. I have done various sims each time I received an upgrade and my stats have been all over the place. My most recent sim had haste higher than mastery for me. I fully believe haste can be our best secondary this patch, however I need more data before I can go and state that. I've reverted the OP to my original stat priority after running a few quick sims, not sure why AMR is putting crit at such a high value compared to haste.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2013-03-05 at 07:18 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what do we do once 5.2 hits?
    Stat prio:
    1. Haste, 2. mastery & 3. crit?
    1. Mastery, 2. haste & 3. crit?

Talents:
    10% haste spell and Primal elementalist?
    Echo and Uleash fury?
    10% haste and Unleash fury?

I'm at work, and I'm raiding the new content when I get home... and I havn't simmed it or done any real research into it before today :P I'm hoping someone has simmed this already and has a good answer for me