Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Owell wait til Leet guild tags it > tag with it cause YAY faction tag > Nobody cries

I don't get one thing. Everybody here who is whining is unhappy because of one thing: that Oondasta is beyond their reach.

Is it a bad thing? Is it bad to know that there is a riddiculously, insanely difficult world boss that would require amazing server/player effort to bring down? I rather see it as a milestone to reach and be proud of even trying.

However, an interesting thing is one ability of the boss: Spiritfire beam. This ability pretty much makes your raid required to be stacked in groups of 4-5, so the beam does not chainzerg everybody around. This naturally is a way to remove the "stampade" tactic, where literally everybody on a server simply teabags the boss. And it shows that Oondasta is tuned for lower realms as well - sheer amount of people is not the factor here, since having more than 2 full groups may resoult in a wipe.

The thing is - will it be imprevious to grief? As far as I'm concerned it will be miraculously easy for some asshole to sneak in and become "another link" of a death chain at any given moment. So, to remove this factor - will the players not in the raid group with the target of Spiritfire Beam be disregarded as possible links? I guess no, since it would encourage not to form ANY group, simply go without a raid, and only one person a time would be hit with the deathchain thing. Pretty interesting how this will be handled.

And by the way - with the thing many players enrage about: the inability to taunt - I see what they did there. With a boss that has an one-shot conal ability it would require one person effort to wipe whole group of another faction just by simple taunting and repositioning the boss at the right time. This ability forces the tanks to actually think and communicate, and as well is a protection from cross faction grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    This boss will be hilarious on Illidan. Looking forward to it.
    I have some friends on illidan and mal'ganis. Ill be sure to wish them RIP. May god have mercy on your soul/server

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Some servers can't get 10 ppl at max level ? Because a heroic raid group only requires 10 people...
    some people cant use the search engines? because using a search engine only takes like 2 clicks to know this...

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/warsong

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    One of the Devs said on the Onndasta fight this will not work.

It was something to the effect of:

On the Sha of Anger type fight: Does anyone really care if someone tags it and gets credit?
    On the Garalon type fight: Just try it and see
    but then they went on to say "There are two new world bosses, both of which will be a more pleasant experience now that anyone from your faction can tag them and everyone will get loot!"

All I read is QQ about how people won't be able to down this boss for whatever reason. The guy who said it earlier is right, people just complain that everything is too easy and watered down, then continue to complain when blizzard adds an unforgiving/hard boss. Then again I guess its only a vocal minority that is complaining about it...

For some reason the devs like to add content that hardly anyone ends up using.

I'm hoping some of their bonuses are tied to usage metrics.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Just look at spitfire beam again and then you can understand why this boss can't be simply gy zerged since 1 person on the wrong spot kills another 10-15.
    Can that jump to people not in your raid group? To people of the other faction? If so, think of the opportunities for griefing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Well, this is certainly a better alternative than spawning once a week like Galleon does. That being said, I do see this as pretty silly, unless there is some one-shot mechanic that is quite hard to avoid due to lag or something, this is going to be easily zergable with enough people seeing as there are no longer any limits as to how many people can attack and get loot as long as they are on the same faction. I also forsee a good raid group killing it and trolls that happened to tag it winning more loot then the poor suckers that actually did the encounter. Lastly, if it is indeed hard enough that it requires 40 people actually capable of killing heroic bosses, my server is pretty fucked since each faction only has 3 10 man guilds with at least one heroic down, and only 3 of them total have really even't gotten anywhere for H progression.

Oh well, at the end of the day, it's all bonus stuff anyways. Maybe people on my server that can actually play their class will actually work together for once so we can kill this bitch.

Deleted
    Blizzard must be talking about tier 13 heroic (which is almost the same as tier 14 LRF) and not tier 14 heroic.

Deleted
    Thnx blizz. Guess i'll never see a kill due to low pop realm.

there are only two guilds on my realm clearing heroic modes on alliance side, both are 10 man.

I mean, I'm all for a challenge, but I can't see this low pop realm doing it.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-02-11 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    They'll be stubborn idiots at first then recant and nerf him. Some servers are too small to even have heroic raid groups, let alone multiple of them to organize with
    Precisely my thought. In addition, would they be balancing him between 25 or 10m heroic groups? Otherwise, 10m groups IMO would be at a disadvantage because that's more than just 1-2 guilds that they'd have to buddy with in order to get him down. 25s would (I assume) need to buddy with either another 25 or maybe one more 10 (considering that most have rosters of ~30 players).

Coming from the perspective of someone who raids 25H.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    All I read is QQ about how people won't be able to down this boss for whatever reason. The guy who said it earlier is right, people just complain that everything is too easy and watered down, then continue to complain when blizzard adds an unforgiving/hard boss. Then again I guess its only a vocal minority that is complaining about it...
    If I recall, Doom Lord Kazzak was rather unforgiving back in TBC prior to T5/6 gear - one death could wipe a 25M, and you of course had alliance trying to kill you at the same time. That's why Sha and Galleon have been watered down so much - otherwise they'd be nearly unkillable. My raid got DLK server first only because we had PvPers in the raid.
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2013-02-11 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Thnx blizz. Guess i'll never see a kill due to low pop realm.

there are only two guilds on my realm clearing heroic modes on alliance side, both are 10 man.

I mean, I'm all for a challenge, but I can't see this low pop realm doing it.
    Cross-realm kills. The Horde on my realm do it all the time. It's the main reason why Alliance hasn't had a Galleon kill since early December.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 naked Alliance used to run in and grief the Kazzak kills on Bleeding Hollow. That's life on a PVP server though.

Sounds awesome, I cant wait

It's going to be nerfed 100%.

Blizz nerfs heroic raids, so why won't they nerf a World Boss?

I have no issue with a heroic level only world boss. Ill probably take a couple shots at it with my guild if we get a chance just for lulz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to hear they are doing this. We'll be the only guild on our realm with the capacity to do this. Sounds like this boss is geared towards the top 100 US guilds to help boost their ilvls for the first two-three weeks of raiding. Great idea!

Yes I am going to bring this up but just because you pay 15 dollars a month doesn't mean you should have a free, easy boss at your finger tips every week. Plus this is a boss with a random spawn timer like Galeon so the chances of you ever seeing it like Galeon are slim.

Also depending on what they mean by "heroic". Galeon and Sha of Anger were such jokes to begin with. I really hope this boss is somewhat of a challenge.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it have to be nerfed? Why can't WoW have something that is ball-bustingly hard? I welcome the challenge. It's not like you NEED the gear unless you are server-first racing, in which case... you are a heroic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss
    I wonder why people keep skipping this part. Each additional person in fight increases pressure on hardware exponentially. At least Sha is killable even with 1 fps.

I think it is time to introduce lightweight client already. People greatly underestimate what 80+ raid bosses mean. Same Everquest has lots of options to improve client performance, and that's why it was actually possible to run 72-men raids. WoW doesn't have those, even opposite - WoW keeps moving further and further to increased hardware demands, you can't even switch off shadows in MoP client anymore, not speaking about such things as switching off all special effects completely and globally (with option to leave it up for player himself and NPC) and low-poly version of player models.

It's a shame that many people seem to be incapable of reading and are using this thread to bitch about players they don't like for a reason that isn't even being discussed here... This thread was NEVER "complaining about difficulty".

I merely asked what people thought about the concept of a heroic-only world boss, then I wrote what I thought.

The other points being raised in this thread is that a heroic-level world boss with infinite tags is simply a bad idea and is going to cause problems.