Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's value in considering the idea, which will be hard to get used to for some, that the pace of content release may no longer be centered primarily around finishing up normal/heroic raiding tiers. Step back and look at it from Blizzard's point-of-view:

1. "Raids are too easy." / So they made T14 more difficult.
    2. "We don't want content nerfed too early" / So they haven't done that.
    3. "Six bosses is pathetic" / So they're providing more bosses.

And hilariously, many of the raiding community that visits forums were entirely dismissive about patches that don't contain raids. Well, not much to say about that given some of the same people are now complaining that they can't finish T14 even with the time spent with 5.1.

If I very generously stipulate that 20% of everyone in the game is involved in some way in normal/heroic raiding, there's still no reason to hold up content release for the other 80% if it's ready to go. 5.2 will be a big raid tier and there's no denying that the new raid will be the star of the show, but it's not the only thing cooking and people who don't raid will find it enjoyable to go around and kill some dinosaurs, run LFR, or whatever.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-12 at 01:42 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    It's up to blizzard to tune their stuff so that the bulk of people who want to do it, can in the time they allow between patches.

Pretty simple really, it ain't the playerbases job to keep up with blizzard, it's blizzards job to please the playerbase.
    No, it's Blizzard's job to make money. Since they're doing that, the rest of this is moot.

And could you imagine what this game would be like if they actually did do things just to please the playerbase?

I feel like it's too early but that's just because I've slacked off on getting shit done so now that 5.2 is around the corner I'm scrambling to do things. My main isn't even at 480 ilvl yet, or done with collecting sigils for Wrathion. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Why are you complaining about not being able to finish a normal mode tier? That's what LFR is for.
    A lot of guilds are going to conclude that if they can't finish it on normal mode, then LFR is all they are going to do. Why go into masochism mode in normal tuning that Blizzard has placed beyond their capabilities -- for slightly higher numbers that don't deliver any content that they'd actually end up enjoying?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A lot of guilds are going to conclude that if they can't finish it on normal mode, then LFR is all they are going to do.
    Once upon a time people would make an effort to improve if they struggled to finish content, but it seems like those days have passed.

Deleted
    A lot of guilds are going to conclude that if they can't finish it on normal mode, then LFR is all they are going to do. Why go into masochism mode in normal tuning that Blizzard has placed beyond their capabilities -- for slightly higher numbers that don't deliver any content that they'd actually end up enjoying?
    There were tons of guild that never got further than 11/12 heroic in Icc, 7-8/13 heroic in tier 11 and 6/7 heroic in Firelands. They sucked it up and moved on, despite never getting the opportunity of finishing their "content".

Current normal mode guilds are experiencing the same, yet they are apparently bitching about having to 'skip' content, something heroic raiders had to do for years now.

The only excuse for delaying content is for players to see it. Content spectator mode is what LFR is made for. Since everyone got access to LFR, everyone willing to invest an hour or two is able to experience content. Something players in Vanilla and Tbc had to visit warcraftmovies in order to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically it's all about the challenge. So it's time to put up or shut up about that for them. And if lot of guilds conclude that LFR is the best way for them, to the extent that people shut up about how LFR isn't raiding, it's a price I'm willing to accept. I don't think it will be quite that dire but a lot of people have seen T14 one way or another. To that extent, this is not like Wrath when they released raids practically on top of one another.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Nope - what I'm saying is that the content is being released just a bit too early for most guilds and that this will cause a problem.

When you spend a year on a starvation diet, then you suddenly imbibe a four course meal - it will cause a problem.

This is not about ME, I am making a comment about the game about the players. I use various things I have experienced as an example, nothing more.

PS: If whinging about the game is bad, how bad is it whinging about the whingers ... ?
    Now you're comparing a video game to being on a starvation diet? Man, you're reaching. I'm not "whinging". I'm just telling you you're options that you are ignoring. Because nothing will stop you from doing the content you OR your guild wants to do. You're making an excuse for it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:52 AM ----------

Well over half the guilds haven't even walked into ToES NORMAL yet.... that is a problem.
    And nothing will stop them from walking into ToES when they're ready. Like I said, if Blizz did delay 5.2 for ppl to catch up. What is the limit? Because while you clear it, some guild out there is going to be saying "WE'RE NOT DONE YET! WTF! HOLD OFF". Should it be delayed until june?

You're using "in the past" as validation. But you're forgetting that Blizzard changes things all the time. "In the past" there was no LFR. So should they take LFR out?

You won't win this. 5.2 will be out in 2 weeks. So you can keep complaining about this, but just like the "you can turn the buff off" argument, "your guild can still raid T14 in 5.2".
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-02-12 at 01:56 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Once upon a time people would make an effort to improve if they struggled to finish content, but it seems like those days have passed.
    Never happened to any great degree. Most people who try raiding quickly realise it's on the tricky side and jack it in.

Only the hardcore crowd find entertainment in beating their heads against brick walls. Minority interest.

There is one whinge I have about 5.2 coming in two weeks - the VP upgrade dood goes away

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Now you're comparing a video game to being on a starvation diet?
    No - why would you think that ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    And nothing will stop them from walking into ToES when they're ready.
    Except a complete lack of desire to do it, that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    this. Rest of uf don't care if you havent beat all the bosses, slack less next time.
    About 300 guilds world wide have everything clear. How's that "the rest of us", hell you most likely aren't anywhere close to having everything clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    We haven't been struggling - we have been getting a new boss down every week. Problem is - 2 months just wasn't enough time for 16 bosses.

Deleted
    source of this i just cant belive this exists?

besides mop is to set to work more in favour of the tbc system (first raid tier still viable and best option to gear up to next tier).

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    source of this i just cant belive this exists?
    Ever visited the site www.mmo-champion.com

Deleted
    Ever visited the site www.mmo-champion.com
    i ment the whining figured that would be obv but apperently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Except a complete lack of desire to do it, that is.
    So you only raid for loot, not for the challenge. Should make you happy to get fresh shiny loot even quicker.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's frustrating for me, because I have a choice to make.

A. Farm lovely charms every day all day and make enough gold to last me the year.

B. Farm honor and conqest so I can get full malevolent before the new season

a months notice would have been super.
    Man, you have a rough life.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So you only raid for loot, not for the challenge. Should make you happy to get fresh shiny loot even quicker.
    Since he's not happier, obviously that's not the motivation.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I've already been bored out of my mind for a solid month now. I don't understand why people would want to put off new content.
    Same. I'm bored out of my mind, and the only thing I can do is to lvl YET another character. I've barely been playing WoW at all actually >.>