Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    actually that's not a bad comparism.

AMS is a 5 second immunity to magic, while RoP is an 8 second immunity to melee - castable on teammates. both on a 45 second CD.
    Do I really have to explain why it's not the same at all? Seriously, how dumb are you? I'm not trying to be insulting but it should be obvious:

-only able to use it on yourself
    -does not have an AOE disarm effect for the entire duration that is not affected by Weapon Chain
    -does not silence anyone
    -does not have an 8 yard radius
    -does not affect your opponents at all
    -lasts 5 seconds, not 8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    How do you counter Disarm?
    How do you counter Frost Trap when your trinket is on CD?
    How do you counter Counterspell?
    How do you counter Psychic Scream into tendrils?
    How do you counter Fear into Mesmerize?
    How do you counter Dismantle?
    How do you counter Lay on Hands?
    How do you counter Typhoon into Cyclone into Cyclone into Cyclone into Root into Disorient into Root into Cyclone?
    Butthurt monk that like his new OP spell, fail on all the line trying to troll
    delicious

Deleted
    You counter it by running away and switch targets?

It's our BoP equivalent <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    You counter it by running away and switch targets?

It's our BoP equivalent <3
    The fact that you compared it to BoP... I'm not even gonna say it.

Deleted
    Brrr...PvP goes even more unfriendly to melee classes
    First you will be disarmed for 8 sec (have no idea do weapon chain/warrior set bonus work) its ok, you decide to attack that nasty warlock then who starts to fear you on every melee hit
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-02-12 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The fact that you compared it to BoP... I'm not even gonna say it.
    I agree it is pretty far fetched, but it's the closest comparison as I see it

You can't. Monks are the top melee next season, this seasons warriors, except with cool utility as well as retarded front-load damage.

Also if you've never even got 2.2k then don't discuss "competetive" PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    You can't. Monks are the top melee next season, this seasons warriors, except with cool utility as well as retarded front-load damage.

Also if you've never even got 2.2k then don't discuss "competetive" PvP.
    Just saying, but I HATE people like you who say that if you're not 2.2k your opinions dont matter. Everybody can discuss competitive PvP by watching a shitton of vids/livestreams or generally researches classes.

Besides, 2.2k I reckon isn't even that high for "competetive" PvP. If you wan't to discuss REAL "competetive" PvP (according to you) you'll have to be at glad range.

Also, monks will still be having the same problems they're having now. Besides RoP, they'll still be quite squishy with ToK still being dispellable and blockable/bubbleable(lol o.o). The only thing that's going to be changing is that they're going to be doing more pressure and more burst, while having slightly better survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Just saying, but I HATE people like you who say that if you're not 2.2k your opinions dont matter. Everybody can discuss competitive PvP by watching a shitton of vids/livestreams or generally researches classes.

Besides, 2.2k I reckon isn't even that high for "competetive" PvP. If you wan't to discuss REAL "competetive" PvP (according to you) you'll have to be at glad range.

Also, monks will still be having the same problems they're having now. Besides RoP, they'll still be quite squishy with ToK still being dispellable and blockable/bubbleable(lol o.o). The only thing that's going to be changing is that they're going to be doing more pressure and more burst, while having slightly better survivability.
    2.2k is the bare minimum to be considered competetive, I was avoiding being "elitist".

Fine I'll change it. You can't discuss competetive PvP unless you've achieved gladiator on at least 3 classes spanning at least 4 seasons.

The fact is, if you've been playing at 1750 for the last 3 years, you have no clue about top-end PvP, and balancing should not be done for people who click and are bad, but for those who are good.

2.2k is the bare minimum to be considered competetive, I was avoiding being "elitist".

Fine I'll change it. You can't discuss competetive PvP unless you've achieved gladiator on at least 3 classes spanning at least 4 seasons.

The fact is, if you've been playing at 1750 for the last 3 years, you have no clue about top-end PvP, and balancing should not be done for people who click and are bad, but for those who are good.
    You can't discuss competitive PVP unless you've achieved gladiator on at least 9 classes spanning at least 8 seasons. Slippery slope is slippery.

Ring of Peace is going to destroy Ret paladins. Silence already locks us out of 90% of our abilities, a disarm ontop of it will make us useless.

You can't discuss competitive PVP unless you've achieved gladiator on at least 9 classes spanning at least 8 seasons. Slippery slope is slippery.
    I still agree with that.

Edit: The reason? Because all I want is a balanced game, if Blizzard listened to the absolute best PvPers in the game (as they are starting to now) then the game would be much more fun and competetive. I'm not saying I'm the best and I know best, I'm saying I want the best to be the ones feeding blizzard input about how to balance the game, not random 1500 terrible players complaining about things that are totally fine.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Ring of Peace is going to destroy Ret paladins. Silence already locks us out of 90% of our abilities, a disarm ontop of it will make us useless.
    Oh no, one spec out of 33 is countered by one ability!

I still agree with that.

Edit: The reason? Because all I want is a balanced game, if Blizzard listened to the absolute best PvPers in the game (as they are starting to now) then the game would be much more fun and competetive. I'm not saying I'm the best and I know best, I'm saying I want the best to be the ones feeding blizzard input about how to balance the game, not random 1500 terrible players complaining about things that are totally fine.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:49 AM ----------

Oh no, one spec out of 33 is countered by one ability!
    It is a problem because training the Ret paladin is already the best choice in arena due to the fact that Ret's only real defense is bubble and when that is down they are a free kill.

Ring of Peace will lock down Ret Paladins and literally force you to bubble making it that much easier to do what everyone already does.

It is a problem because training the Ret paladin is already the best choice in arena due to the fact that Ret's only real defense is bubble and when that is down they are a free kill.

Ring of Peace will lock down Ret Paladins and literally force you to bubble making it that much easier to do what everyone already does.
    Go holy? 10chars.

No I don't think that it'll affect Ret more than any other melee. The only one that wouldn't be hit nearly as much are Warriors, because their defenses are mostly passive and they can save their Charge for it.

No I don't think that it'll affect Ret more than any other melee. The only one that wouldn't be hit nearly as much are Warriors, because their defenses are mostly passive and they can save their Charge for it.
    You play ret and aren't throwing your kidneys at the monitor in a rage about GC hating ret? What?

Windwaker monks are as squishy as rogues but without the stealth and oh shit buttons, ring of peace is the only way a monk wont be insta gibbed by OP rogues and warriors, once their RoP and Chi wave is down they are toast, much like Retadins, except bubble works against ALL abilities and not just silences someone in close quarters

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Windwaker monks are as squishy as rogues but without the stealth and oh shit buttons, ring of peace is the only way a monk wont be insta gibbed by OP rogues and warriors, once their RoP and Chi wave is down they are toast, much like Retadins, except bubble works against ALL abilities and not just silences someone in close quarters
    WW Monks have Touch of Karma which is only a 1.5min cd and is in some ways better than Bubble. But I do agree that Monks are pretty squishy outside of major Cd's.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    WW Monks have Touch of Karma which is only a 1.5min cd and is in some ways better than Bubble. But I do agree that Monks are pretty squishy outside of major Cd's.
    And don't forget Sparring, and it's glyph. Coupled with the base dodge of a melee class, it's pretty damn effective against other melee. They also have a disarm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    And don't forget Sparring, and it's glyph. Coupled with the base dodge of a melee class, it's pretty damn effective against other melee. They also have a disarm.
    Not to mention they also have a stun, can roll away and have an incapacitate on top of that.