Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    You did see my location, right? You have seen the fact that Sweden is one of the countries with highest reported rape crimes in west, right?
    Yes. I also know that Sweden defines rape differently than most other countries and has, if I remember correctly, 3 different tiers of rape.

According to victim surveys, rape in Sweden (as defined by most countries' standards) is no more prevalent than other western nations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Yes. I also know that Sweden defines rape differently than most other countries and has, if I remember correctly, 3 different tiers of rape.
    Doesn't change the fact rape is rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I'm not sure how you equate Jevlin wanting a chance to talk to a good looking girl as placing girls above boys. If he is a single male I'd fully expect him to take every chance he could get to talk to girls.
    Yes, thank you! That isn't odd behavior is it? xD

Doesn't change the fact rape is rape.
    I think the point he's trying to make is that you have the same chance to be raped in Sweden as you do in America. Only in America(just an example) 1 or 2 ways of rape(Swedish laws) wont be classified as rape and therefor doesn't add to the statistics as they do in Sweden.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-12 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Yes, thank you! That isn't odd behavior is it? xD
    Shit Im not even single and I'll take any opportunity to talk to a girl :P

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh?? I have never felt this way about guys. Neither have my female friends (I think?). o_O Honestly, I feel more comfortable around men than women because they're so chill and fun to be around (hence why I play games lol). So please don't assume that we are like this. I honestly didn't know many(?) girls were like this aside from rape victims suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
    I am a filthy casual!

Deleted

According to victim surveys, rape in Sweden (as defined by most countries' standards) is no more prevalent than other western nations.

Only 20% of sex crimes are reported according to the very same source you linked to..

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You're the one who said you'd kill yourself. I'm pointing out how absolutely insignificant that would be even if it were extrapolated to every victim of rape.

In other words, the total victimization (including 100% suicide rate, which would effectively turn rape into murder) would still be a ridiculously small minority of violent crime and less worthy of concern than it currently garners.

Women have about the same statistical reason to fear rape as they do some ridiculous disease like necrotizing fasciitis.
    Even recognizing that you're engaging in overwhelming hyperbole, seeing as necrotizing fasciitis has a prevalence of <1:200,000.... I'd kind of like to know where exactly you're getting your information from. The 1 in 6 estimate provided by the US department of Justice seems to be based on extrapolation of information based on the 191,670 reported victims in 2005. A 1995 CDC survey of 5,000 women who had gone through college found that 20% of the women had experienced rape, while another in 2004 found that 4.7% of women experience either rape or attempted rape during the course of an academic year. You could have these numbers reduced to 1% of their reported numbers, and they still wouldn't fit the claim you just made.

The fact remains that the current information indicates that caution is a reasonable stance to take, when you consider the cost benefit analysis of avoiding being raped. Until you can provide substantiated data that this concern is completely superfluous, that will not change.

Am I cheapening what happens to actual victims? Of course not.

I'm saying that fearing it every moment of your life is ridiculous. You know who has to fear it every moment of their lives? Indians. People in real countries don't.

You might as well fear rabies. If it happens, yeah... it fucking sucks and it shouldn't happen at all. But the reality is it's so rare that you miss out on a lot of shit by being afraid constantly.
    Laize, calm down as a black female I am more likely to be assaulted, raped, murdered, and a whole host of other things than you a white male.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Blasphemy!!! Different reasons for being a rapist?! Are you a rapist? Sure sounds like it, since you're justifying rape hurrrr hurrr hurrr.... Can't believe I had to deal with that shit.

Ya, that person was me and for the record that's pretty much what I meant, or at least what I tried to mean until I got assaulted by the super-awesome Justice squad.
    First off that guy wanted it!

Second I can't believe I missed a chance to be in the Super-Awesome Justice Squad.
    Last edited by Ebildays; 2013-02-12 at 03:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys realize Laize got banned and isn't going to respond right?
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    you also said that it was sexist for them to be afraid because men should be more afraid of a completely different crime!
    Actually no, I said it was as sexist for them to be afraid of men because some men are rapists as it is racist to be afraid of black people because some black people are violent criminals. In both cases, the fearful person is ascribing the behavior of a small subset of a group to all members of that group, which is the very definition of sexism/racism. It's right there on the page; try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i really dont. you're just trying to play "gotcha!", which.. im flattered really but you arent making any sense.
    I assure you that you have no reason to be flattered. You repeatedly dismiss crimes against men and insist that we should ONLY discuss crimes against women. You repeatedly suggest that male crime victims are to blame for the crimes perpetrated against them, while female crime victims are not. There's nothing flattering about that.

I've actually changed my mind and come to believe that you genuinely don't understand why anyone would want to talk about crimes perpetrated against male victims, because you literally do not give a shit. Crimes against men -- and the fact that men are more likely to be victimized than women -- simply don't matter to you, because it doesn't bother you if men are beaten, stabbed, shot, or murdered. My position -- that violent crimes are a bad thing, regardless of the gender of the victim -- simply doesn't compute to you, because to you, when a woman is victimized it's a tragedy, but when a man is victimized, who cares?

Anywho, it's been real, but it's late in my part of the country, so I'm signing off.

not just women but men and women should be mindful when they walk the streets. it's not living in a "state of fear" to walk across the street when a group of people are walking in your direction. the world is filled with bad people and to think you are safe walking home at night and being oblivious to the world around you, will get you hurt or killed

it's like the same thing for people who drive without seatbelts, they think they are great drivers and they would be fine. It's not you that you should worry about, do you really want to trust your life in the hands of every other driver that passes you?
    Last edited by Harpocrates; 2013-02-12 at 03:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Laize, calm down as a black female I am more likely to be assaulted, raped, murdered, and a whole host of other things than you a white male.
    Are you really a black female? Man, here I was imagining a teenage white-boy when I read your bit about "forever alone guy". Shows you just how much you can really tell about people irl through their post: Nothing.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    You guys realize Laize got banned and isn't going to respond right?
    Lol, how was that even bannable? It was very poorly worded but not exactly bashing

Well, maybe a short break will do him good ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, how was that even bannable? It was very poorly worded but not exactly bashing

I got infracted for apparently calling someone a troll which I wasn't really >.> Laize comes off a bit...anti Female just a tad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account

Shhh don't give them ideas.... >.>

<.<

... I don't feel very safe now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I got infracted for apparently calling someone a troll which I wasn't really >.> Laize comes off a bit...anti Female just a tad.
    I haven't been infracted or banned because I come off as a wonderful person that brings warmth and sunshine to everyone's hearts.... no seriously I'm surprised I'm still here, it's a bit of a miracle.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 03:59 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Laize comes off a bit...anti Female just a tad.
    A bit? A lot, if you read abortion threads.

In a perfect world, it wouldn't be safer for women to be afraid of men.

Unfortunately, 'tis not a perfect world.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit? A lot, if you read abortion threads.
    Maybe he was having a bad day. Then again that's generous. I'm actually a bit torn on Abortion myself
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Perhaps just a lil bit

Maybe one of those extremist feminists on Oprah got the better of him at one point. xD

Are you really a black female? Man, here I was imagining a teenage white-boy when I read your bit about "forever alone guy". Shows you just how much you can really tell about people irl through their post: Nothing.
    Yup, I am a black chick that loves manga (favorites include Berserk and Dorohedoro), currently listening to Prodigy Fat of the Land, and I can read......books no less. But that is just the tip of my strangeness for a black chick.

And with that I am off to bed.