Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So whats happening to our sha weapons?

So after tons of rep grinded, 20 sigils collected, 6000 vp over 6 very long weeks collected and desperately grinding for sha weapon only to hear that 5.2 will have no upgrade to our sha weapons but infact will be replaced by much more powerful weapons thst cannot take sha gems...

So what happens now? How useless has our weapons become and for how long? Its pretty frustrating that after months of getting our weapon up to scratch that we can't even continue using it throughout 5.2.... or am I missing something?

Hasn't it always been like this?
    Every tier, all gear changes, including weapons.

The gem doesn't make a diference and btw, the socket can be used on the new weapons.

you need to do all the quest chain anyway for 5.2 meta gems

Well sure it has always been like this but I was under the impression all these quests and chains were part of making our sha weapons legendary? Apparently there are no more sha weapons so the gems cannot be used in 5.2 at the very least. So what exactly happens to these sha weapons now? Do they become vendor material or do we use them for upgrading in 5.3? Or will we get new sha weapons that we will add gems to? Which makes me as the question... what weapon eventually gets upgraded to legendary? I thought we carry this one sha weapon through the expansion and upgrade it as we go along making it more and more powerful?

The point is the quest chain, not the Sha weapon.

I don't think Blizzard ever said the weapon would be "upgraded" to legendary, only that we'd get one.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by fang83 View Post
    Well sure it has always been like this but I was under the impression all these quests and chains were part of making our sha weapons legendary? Apparently there are no more sha weapons so the gems cannot be used in 5.2 at the very least. So what exactly happens to these sha weapons now? Do they become vendor material or do we use them for upgrading in 5.3? Or will we get new sha weapons that we will add gems to? Which makes me as the question... what weapon eventually gets upgraded to legendary? I thought we carry this one sha weapon through the expansion and upgrade it as we go along making it more and more powerful?
    I think we can vendor it,... cause if we would upgrade them in 5.4 then Blizz would have said something.

To be honest I expected the gem to fit also in the socket... IN that way we could have both the legendary items on our new weapons.... bit disapointed that they didn't made it that way.

Ok cool. Thanks for the clarification guys. I feel better now

I'm rather disappointed they just junked the sha-touched weapons as well... just feels like the whole quest chain was a tad misleading to me; I was hoping we would get some sort of lightning-touched weapon drop in 5.2, and somehow combine it in the forge with a sha-touched one.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't fathom how people see this as a problem? When has loot ever had their use surpass tiers? People bitch and moan about the quests being pointless...cause you got no use for the weapon at all right? It's just another item..you get it, you put it to good use then it's replaced.

I've had pleeeenty of use of my Sha-touched, and it will most likely last a few weeks in 5.2 aswell. I'll gladly replace it with something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the item quality of the 5.2 raid weapons anyway? Will a 2/2-upgraded normal-mode Shin'ka with the gem and the socket hold up against one of those?
    Or are we looking at heroic or thunderforged weapons that blow the Sha-touched ones out of the waters?

Edit: Hmmm, iLvl 522 vs 504, not counting the 500 str...
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-02-12 at 08:29 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    What's the item quality of the 5.2 raid weapons anyway? Will a 2/2-upgraded normal-mode Shin'ka with the gem and the socket hold up against one of those?
    Or are we looking at heroic or thunderforged weapons that blow the Sha-touched ones out of the waters?
    504 normal shin'ka with gem (upgraded) vs 522 (iirc) normal 5.2 raid weapons... There's no contest unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    I'm rather disappointed they just junked the sha-touched weapons as well... just feels like the whole quest chain was a tad misleading to me; I was hoping we would get some sort of lightning-touched weapon drop in 5.2, and somehow combine it in the forge with a sha-touched one.
    Well you can still get your "lightning-touched" weapon (thunderforged), you just don't combine it with the Sha-touched. So what does it matter?
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fang83 View Post
    So what happens now? How useless has our weapons become and for how long? Its pretty frustrating that after months of getting our weapon up to scratch that we can't even continue using it throughout 5.2.... or am I missing something?
    Welcome to legendary items. You work hard to earn them while the content is current but get them replaced when new content comes out. Your Sha Touched weapon will still be a decent weapon until you finally get a 5.2 weapon. So it won't be fully useless it just won't be as good as it could be. Don't forget to upgrade it if you have the Valor as that will help it last longer.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    517 2H and dw double gemmed can last a little while, but that's about it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Well you can still get your "lightning-touched" weapon (thunderforged), you just don't combine it with the Sha-touched. So what does it matter?
    It doesn't really. It just irks me a bit from the lore PoV, as one minute we have a questline with heavy focus on the sha-touched weapons, and the next thing we know Wrathion may as well be providing us with a bin to dump it in, as we replace it with boring no lore weapon y. Just feels a bit disjointed and leaves me wanting to ask Wrathion why we even bothered with the sha-touched weapons in the first place - I really think the questline/story/lore would have flowed better if they had stuck with somehow combining the sha-touched weapons with 5.2 weapons.

Just my opinion. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank goodness I'm fury. My current mainhander, once replaced, just becomes an offhander for a while longer. :P

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 09:58 AM ----------

It doesn't really. It just irks me a bit from the lore PoV, as one minute we have a questline with heavy focus on the sha-touched weapons, and the next thing we know Wrathion may as well be providing us with a bin to dump it in, as we replace it with boring no lore weapon y. Just feels a bit disjointed and leaves me wanting to ask Wrathion why we even bothered with the sha-touched weapons in the first place - I really think the questline/story/lore would have flowed better if they had stuck with somehow combining the sha-touched weapons with 5.2 weapons.

Just my opinion. /shrug
    From a lore Point of View, try and disregard any game mechanics such as "only fits in a sha-touched weapon". That's largely irrelevant.

What's happening is that Wrathion empowers you. He increases your strength by adding his own. This continues for as long as you aid him, until finally, you are gifted with a legendary weapon.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

15+ Year Old Account

Just my opinion. /shrug
    But the lore and the quest wasn't really about acquiring the weapons it was about acquiring the gem to go into the weapon. The weapons for all practical purposes only exist because we needed a place to put the legendary gem. 5.2 moves on to a new legendary gem and a new item type it goes into.

If every tier had to have items that accept the previous legendary gems then gearing up would get pretty boring. Because you always know that you'll be go for the item that accepts that socket and never any others. They'd need to allow it on every item so there is still some variety or you'd always know what one item you want and ignore all the others. This also means that they increases from the legendary would be base line which means those without it would be behind what Blizzard designs for.

We also don't know what the final part of the quest line will require. Maybe the ultimate conclusion of the Wrathion Legendary quest line is an item that will hold all the gems that came before, or a collection of items that use the legendary parts before. Maybe we will need to use all the previous parts (including the cost to re-buy them) as components to complete the final quest in the last patch of the expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

CONFIRMED - The Eye of the Black Prince (The Prismatic Socket adder) will work with your new weapons, You WILL be able to add a prismatic slot to your new weapons.

However Sha Touched gems become useless. The weapon damage however will outweigh the stats from the gem.

It doesn't really. It just irks me a bit from the lore PoV, as one minute we have a questline with heavy focus on the sha-touched weapons, and the next thing we know Wrathion may as well be providing us with a bin to dump it in
    You act as if everyone gets a weapon from the Throne of Thunder the instant the patch comes out. Most people will use their sha-touched and Wrathion-empowered weapons for their assault on the new enemy, killing many Throne bosses with them before they finally find an upgrade.

Also, lore-wise I find it reasonable that the treasures of the Throne of Thunder (which after all has access to the legendary Forge of Thunder) includes weapons that are better than those whose primary distinction is that they were touched by emotional shadows.

Deleted
    Looking forward to disenchanting my hard-earned sha-touched weapon. Since that would mean I have a far, far better weapon.