Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ilvls are getting out of hand, where you can feel this most easily is in PvP.

The advantage gained by the higher tier pvp items is far too great at the moment, and its getting worse.

PvE also has the same with yet another ilevel of new "thunderforged" items. Frankly gear is becoming a joke.

If they want different tiers of gear then the gaps between them need to be smaller.

I don't think the numbers are taxing the computational power of anyone's computers, and if they are, there are probably ways around it. The absolute numbers aren't a problem. They can simply change the display to say "1.2m" instead of 1,234,169." What is disruptive is:

1) leveling new characters, there are huge leaps in power at expansion breaks
    2) Where scaling within a single expansion causes percentage-based stats like dodge, haste and crit to reach caps. This is why sunwell and ICC were launched with zone rebuffs.
    3) the growing gulf in power between fresh 90s and geared 90s.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    It has nothing to do with wow's age, they choose to keep their system requirements low so more people have access to it.
    WoW has been on the market for an eternity, in gaming terms, so the engine was based on hardware that is now very out of date. It will reach the point where the same hardware won't perform well with WoW at all because it simply no longer supports it, but that hardware will cost the same as, older hardware which does.

My original point was that addon performance isn't going to be what grinds your computer to a halt though. More modern hardware isn't going to be optimal for WoWs game engine because the hardware is geared towards more modern gaming engines.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-02-12 at 10:11 AM.

I agree that this does seem unnecessary getting it that high.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Anyways. IDK..squish it or not...so I tanked with 500, 5000, 50 000 and now 500 000 HP. Does anyone even try to comprehend Boss HP? To me it is percentages and I display them as such. Same with ilv. 3 str? 300 str? ilv 18, ilv 496? I guess we can handle those numbers.
    Might be occupation related but I certainly do.

Bullshit detected: maximum level.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Item squish didnt happen for MoP because of the community's fear of losing a part of their content (soloing),
    No, Blizz had it working internally but they decided it felt too weird and it wasn't that urgent that they wanted to push especially given the talent overhaul etc they didn't want too change too much at once.

which was a true and proven (by facts) claim.
    What facts prove it? The fact that you just said it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    How about the Korean servers?

H TF 25man gear. Shit's going to be insane.

The rate that ilvl is increasing at is kinda freaky. I really dislike how gear is starting to be more important than personal play in terms of DPS.
    There's a reason we don't talk about Korean servers. Two lockouts a week and higher iLevels = Removal from world firsts/logs >_>;

It's like a national cheating device only for them.

OT: Expect an Item Squish for Expansion 5.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Bullshit detected: maximum level.

No, Blizz had it working internally but they decided it felt too weird and it wasn't that urgent that they wanted to push especially given the talent overhaul etc they didn't want too change too much at once.

What facts prove it? The fact that you just said it?
    The charts posted by Blizzard on their official statement about the item squish in the MoP beta. You can google it yourself, I'm not here to convience you that item squish is "bad", or that it "shouldnt happen".

- 522 N
    - 528 N TF
    - 535 H
    - 541 H TF
    13 ilvls per tier level is already in the game since WotLK, you're really late only noticing this now.

And with 5.5 item upgrades we'd be at 599 at the end of the expansion, which'd result in a ~200 ilvl jump in a single expansion. Note that we only had 50-70 ilvl jumps in the past expansions, one of them having 4 tiers.
    This really isn't surprising at all. When they were giving the community ideas of Item Squish or not they had two images and said by the next expansion we would be at 625 starting towards roughly the beginning of the expansion. They already planned out the needed iLvLs for this expansion and going off that.

The reason iLvL needs to jump is because most people raid for gear (after the first couple times clearing each boss). So why would someone in Heroic gear feel the need to raid normal (till they can start heroics) and that they are progressing because of gear feel like it's a reward? They wouldn't. So by increasing the iLvL in the next raid everyone can start getting upgrades at the start and feel their raid power increase as each boss goes down. Instead of feeling like they are hitting roadblocks and more gear isn't helping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tending towards the view that the item squish is coming but probably not in the way we expect it, which is a simple flattening of the curve. The problem with a simple flattening of the curve is that the curve still curves, and it's just kicking the can down the road till the next time they have to do an item squish. It maybe a few years apart but I bet Blizz would like not having that particular sword of damocles, and the associated player wrath, hanging over everyone's head.

Maybe whatever solution they employ will actually be a lot more creative than what we can think of now?

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    It has nothing to do with wow's age, they choose to keep their system requirements low so more people have access to it.
    If they rewrite and optimize the engine with newer technologies older systems can get better performance out of it, while newer systems can provide the player with nice visuals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    13 ilvls per tier level is already in the game since WotLK, you're really late only noticing this now.
    Welcome to MoP, introducing you to Elite +6 ilvls and item upgrades +8 ilvls.

Welcome to MoP, introducing you to Elite +6 ilvls and item upgrades +8 ilvls.
    Still the 13 ilvls between tiers remain.
    522 + 13 = 535
    528 + 13 = 541

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sick of the gear grind in general -.- You spend weeks/months grinding for some incredibly rare item just for it to become useless in 3months time. It's really not worth my time and effort to do dungeons, raids and scenarios -.- I may as well just grind the things that do carry over through the expansions such as gold,pets,mounts , professions and rep >.<

... to change the communities mind about the item squish.

- 522 N
    - 528 N TF
    - 535 H
    - 541 H TF

Ra-den might have a higher base ilvl than other heroic bosses, lets say 547. So with 5.3 and item upgrades we would be at 555 ilvl for the second tier of this expansion.

- 570 normal?
    - 576 N elite/TF version?
    - 585 heroic?
    - 591 H elite/TF version?

And with 5.5 item upgrades we'd be at 599 at the end of the expansion, which'd result in a ~200 ilvl jump in a single expansion. Note that we only had 50-70 ilvl jumps in the past expansions, one of them having 4 tiers.
    Why exactly does it matter, it is just a number. If they removed ilvl and just based gear off stats it wouldn't change the game at all. I am glad that for once I won't go through 90% of a tier using the same gear because my previous tiers gear is just better or the set bonus isn't worth breaking because the new tiers set bonus isn't as good and the primary/secondary stat gains don't compensate enough for it until you have like full heroic tier.

Also @Frozenbeef: Welcome to MMORPGs, if you don't want gear play a game that has no new xpacs or patches coming out, like Everquest, or Hello Kitty. This is a game that contains expansions, your items will become worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also @Frozenbeef: Welcome to MMORPGs, if you don't want gear play a game that has no new xpacs or patches coming out, like Everquest, or Hello Kitty. This is a game that contains expansions, your items will become worthless.
    There are mmos where your progression isn't worthless. Eve online, swtors legacy system, rifts attunement system, dcuo skill system etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You seriously think they need the community's approval? The community who will whine WHATEVER Blizzard does?
    They sure dont. And i hope they end up going with the crunch even tho vocal minority is strongly againts it.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    serioussly guys, would you like to hit mobs for 100 damage again? because I'm sure as hell I won't
    No. I wouldnt like that. Instead of going from one extremity to another they can take a middle ground. Instead of hitting enemies for 100000 or for 100 i sure wouldnt mind hitting them for 2000 for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    There are mmos where your progression isn't worthless. Eve online, swtors legacy system, rifts attunement system, dcuo skill system etc.
    so play them? and leave WoW with all that gear grind as it is. It's working pretty damn fine for 8 years so people doesn't have problem with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    so play them? and leave WoW with all that gear grind as it is. It's working pretty damn fine for 8 years so people doesn't have problem with that.
    I do. But just because i dislike the gear grind doesn't mean i dislike the other things in it. It's pretty silly to say leave it just because one gaping hole in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Still the 13 ilvls between tiers remain.
    522 + 13 = 535
    528 + 13 = 541
    I'd like to understand your logic, how "13 ilvls between tiers remain", while we talk about a single tier.

541 would be H TF before item upgrades, 548 if we follow the same pattern as in 5.1. And my assumption that Ra-den will drop higher ilvl than other heroic bosses (just like Algalon, and maybe Sinestra [not sure, didnt raid during that time]), which would leave Ra-den loot at 547 H TF and 555 after upgrades.

Thats another "tier" on top of your "tier", in a single true tier.