Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Waiting a month to drop it would be just about perfect. 2 weeks is too soon.

If you don't raid then you really don't get an opinion on this tbh, you don't do anything in the game and of course you want more dailys and dungeons to do. The people who actually play the game are saying it's too soon and for good reason.
    There is more to 5.2 than just a new raid, so I call bullshit.

And serious raiders that are even attempting heroic modes are in the vast minority of the WoW population, so if anything, you don't get an opinion on this.

If you haven't cleared full 16/16H in 5 months, you're not as good as you think you are, no one cares about World 401st and your FoS other than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Those People can't be seroius. Why are there already people complaining about the release of 5.2 in two weeks? The people used to cry about no content the last expansions... I just don't get it. What's wrong with them?
    And there is always the people who complain about people complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never thought I would see the day people complain about getting new content.

It's not like T14 raids are being removed from the game and for everyone saying they won't be able to get the Feat of Strength achievements, well... it's a Feat of Strength not a Feat of Mediocrity. It might suck that your guild was not able to progress while the content was current but that isn't any fault of Blizzard.

For the people saying Blizzard don't listen... get a clue. This game would be a steaming pile of trash if they changed everything based on the vocal minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    No matter what Blizzard does, there will always be people who whine and bitch simply for the sake of whining and bitching.

I've learned to ignore it really.
    You didn't ignore the guy who made this thread for whining and bitching simply for the sake of whining and bitching

Deleted
    "slackers" for not finishing a 16 boss raid-tier in time, thats pretty elitist to say. Not everyone is in a top200 guild you know.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Damn, you saw right through them. It's not as if this is a 16 boss tier that lasts shorter than 7 or 8 boss ones. Twice the boss count with 1-2 months less to kill them. But it's not about time, nope.
    And what happened to all the self professed "hardcore" raiders that never want content nerfed and want heroic mode clears to be exclusive to only the best?

Time for them to all put up or shut up.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    "slackers" for not finishing a 16 boss raid-tier in time, thats pretty elitist to say. Not everyone is in a top200 guild you know.
    Perhaps, but dollars to donuts, everyone begging for an extra week/month/year/whatever will be just fine with calling for 5.2 the week after they get their precious FoS no one else cares about, and will have no qualms saying anyone else still asking for more time just needs to suck it up and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    And what happened to all the self professed "hardcore" raiders that never want content nerfed and want heroic mode clears to be exclusive to only the best?
    By best they didn't mean "better than them".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

What is stopping people from continuing the current tier after next patch comes out? Is their some sort of law that forces you to jump into the next raid tier upon release? Quit complaining about getting new content.

Seeing the loads of reasoning as " lol bad wow community" and "whatever blizzard does is not fair" I think you all just misunderstand the entire situation. Of course that there are people who have already finished the content so they are bored. It is undestandable from their perspective. Personally I am in a guild who just finally downed Tsulong last night and started the progression on Sha. Altough it is possible that it is to be killed in 2 weeks it is still a bit sudden, as everyone ( I spoke with) interpreted the patch on late march, granting us additional time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfresh View Post
    It's not like T14 raids are being removed from the game
    Might as well be. I doubt I'll ever be going back, bar soloing next expansion.

Of course they put solo cockblock bosses freaking everywhere this patch. >.> Gara'jal, possibly Blade Lord, Amber Shaper, possibly Sha of Fear. It's hard to tell how scaling will be for Blade Lord/Sha, but Gara'jal isn't even about scaling, he's just gonna reset a minute into the fight, and Amber Shaper will transform you and wreck you 20 seconds in.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though, I'm sure something creative can be done...
    Last edited by Kiqjaq; 2013-02-12 at 02:31 PM.

When are these retarded "Two groups of people said two different things!? HYPOCRITES!" posts going to be bannable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well over half the guilds haven't even walked into ToES NORMAL yet.... that is a problem.
    No offense man but this is their problems for not being hmm what can I say I may be harsh to say this but maybe not dedicated the game itself?

It's like saying for example, I don't have time to raid more than 1 day durning a week and complain for having the same achievements + loots and clearance the same guy let us say who raid maybe 3 days raiding days? (which is far from being super hardcore) if you or your guild as you said doesn't have the time to play the game more or dedicate themselves to it then sorry to say this but this is their fault not Blizzard fault. The content been out for over 5 months now it's way more than enough time to clear at least normal mode bosses.

Also same as mentioned above...really tier14 is not getting removed it will be there and you can remove the 10% nerf if you wanna clear it without any nerfs. It's called feat of strength achievements for a reason man if you and your guild are kinda slow or not enough dedication don't expect to get FoS stuff handed to you in a silver plate you must earn it.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2013-02-12 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Well if you do LFR, I am sure you have killed all 16 bosses.

If you are doing Heroic progress, get used to the fact that there is a good chance that you will not kill all bosses on Heroic when the next raid is released. If you have raided previous tiers/expansions, you will know this and accept it by now. Most heroic raiding guilds will go back and kill the remaining bosses anyway.

If you have played since MoP launch and have actively raided, yet still haven't killed every boss on normal, then you must be in a pretty bad guild and you need that 10% nerf.

If you just do the odd pug raid, or take lots of breaks and are part of a very casual raiding guild, who maybe raid once every week or two, you think Blizz should delay content for you?

If you have just recently got the game, well tough luck! Why not complain that they have released everything before this point too soon. We should still be in T1!

If it's not to do with raids, then why is 5.2 coming too soon? The old content aint going away and most people are sick of the dailies, I stopped them once hitting Revered apart from rep in 5.1, which took no effort at all, it was 5-10 mins worth of dailies each day for about 2-3 weeks at most.

Is it for people below 480ilvl? Buy some gear, it's very cheap these days!
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-02-12 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    No offense man but this is their problems for not being hmm what can I say I may be harsh to say this but maybe not dedicated the game itself?
    Makes no sense, If the majoriity of raiders haven't completed T14 but 30% have, then those 30% are indeed ahead of the curve. They are the unusual ones, not the non completionists.

I don't understand. Is there some policy in place where players have to ask the op and his ilk for permission before disagreeing with a decision made by Blizzard? Because if that is the case I must have missed it.

If a player feels that he/she wants some additional time in the current patch then they have every right to say so. If you don't approve of these disagreements, don't read them. Simple. What is more, if you think someone complaining is somehow unworthy of playing the game, what exactly does that make you, who complain about someone complaining? You are expotentially worse.

And of course, just the notion of someone being unworthy of playing the game. Just a videogame people play for fun. Such idiocy is beyond words to describe.

Most people didn't ask for nerfs on raid content. They asked for more time. Which is perfectly reasonable since not all players that raid want to do so 4-6 and even 7 times a week.

Some didn't even ask more time for raiding accomplishments, but more time to finish up on other aspects of the game.

Now if someone can't understand the difference between asking for nerfs and asking for more time then he has far more important problems to worry about than the right of people to complain about things in the game. If someone understands it and still is hostile towards people complaining then they are in dire need of some manners to be instilled unto them.

And to get some things straight:
    -The people complaining about the lack of content are not necessarily the same that complain about the game moving forward too fast. They can, and are, mostly different. Use you brain to make such an easy thought please.
    -This is a special period of the game, being the beginning of an expansion, where the overall content is at its biggest in size, thus it takes more time to go through it. Especially if you have an alt or two to play with as well.
    -Complaining about the lack of new content in a final patch where there hasn't been anything new for months-close-to-a-year and complaining about not being in a position to play through content that has only been available for a few months is NOT the same. Again, please use your brain functions to make such simple thoughts before rushing to condemn people about being scrubs.
    -Calling someone a scrub does not make you look cool. It makes you seem like a pimple-infested, hormonally-charged, angry-at-everything teenager who is just 'going through that well-known phase'. If now you are not even a teenager, damn, then you are the guy form South Park. So, NOT COOL. Now can you please settle down and let people be?
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-02-12 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    QQ, whining etc...... To start with that.
    It is NOT QQ when someone expresses concerns, and back them up with valid arguments. Even though you may not agree with them, which is the beauty of diversity in humans, it doesn't make them less valid arguments.

The key argument is actually pretty valid. The still current tier consists of 16 bosses. The average guild progress for the vast majority of guilds who raid (excluding the higher level progression guilds) is 1 boss per week. That makes it 16 weeks for full clear on normal mode. Then the same starts over for Heroic mode.
    Translates into 32 weeks raid progress to full success. Within this timeline, and due to the nature of the initial release date of the expansion, there is a whole set of time consuming holidays to apply. Christmas, New Years Eve with high impact, and Thanksgiving, Halloween with minor impact. Creates another extension of roughly 2 - 3 weeks. That would make somewhat around 34 - 35 weeks progression time.
    From that angle approached the new raid comes too soon. That's not a QQ or complaint, that's a simple analysis free of any emotion.

Does Blizzard have to wait for the last guild to catch up and clear the content? No, not really. That would not be a good decision. It's fairly safe to say, that there will always be guilds who will/would need a lot more time than the set time estimate of 32+ weeks. No one can, nor should wait for them. And I don't think they expect that.

The new raid comes 20 weeks after Expansion release. So, we have a difference of 12 weeks (neglecting the holidays issue). We know, 12 weeks are 3 month. Feels too long for me, honestly. But it's safe to say that 20 weeks are still too short. A more accurate date would be around 24 weeks instead.

Somewhere along the line throughout the posts all over the different places, I've read that normal mode is cleared by 30% of the raiding guilds. That seems an okay number, and is a bit too low for a new raid tier to be released. It's not unreasonable to ask why they don't wait a bit longer. Let's say to right around 50%?

And back to the QQ.... I believe we as a community would function a lot better, if people would just stop to pick a fight all the time, just because they don't agree on something. Keep in mind that for every opinion you have, on what ever the topic is, there's a plethora of people who do have another opinion. That doesn't make them less right or whiners. They just have another opinion. Try to discuss like a mature person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find this whole concept of complaining over things being too early weird. I think this is one of the very instances Blizzard has given us the heads up on a major content patch and with roughly a two week notice too. Usually we're just told the day or week it supposed to go live and even then people seem impatient as if it took too long. Like now that we have time frame provided by the developer it suddenly seems "too early".

Anyway it feels right-on-time for me. We've been on this raid tier for a while and this feels like the appropriate time for the release given what else we've had to do in the meantime with a new faction, new chapter of the legendary quest and scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Makes no sense, If the majoriity of raiders haven't completed T14 but 30% have, then those 30% are indeed ahead of the curve. They are the unusual ones, not the non completionists.

Sorry to say this but I have to disagree with you...I mean not even Blizzard the creator of this game have the exact % and numbers of how many ppl cleared the content yet somehow you give me a solid 30% I have to say this is just a random number you wrote just to back up your claims.

Deleted
    All My classes get buffed,
    DK, Rogue, Shaman,
    All my opponents get nerved.
    Pve is for kiddies anyway so they can just do whatever they want there :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Waiting a month to drop it would be just about perfect. 2 weeks is too soon.

If you don't raid then you really don't get an opinion on this tbh, you don't do anything in the game and of course you want more dailys and dungeons to do. The people who actually play the game are saying it's too soon and for good reason.
    And from your post it just shows that you are an arrogant elitist snob saying that those who don't raid are not allowed to have an opinion on this.. I hate to break it to you but everyone else who plays and pays for this game has just as much right to an opinion as they pay they same amount every month as every one else..

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    I find this whole concept of complaining over things being too early weird. I think this is one of the very instances Blizzard has given us the heads up on a major content patch and with roughly a two week notice too. Usually we're just told the day or week it supposed to go live and even then people seem impatient as if it took too long. Like now that we have time frame provided by the developer it suddenly seems "too early".

Anyway it feels right-on-time for me. We've been on this raid tier for a while and this feels like the appropriate time for the release given what else we've had to do in the meantime with a new faction, new chapter of the legendary quest and scenarios.
    Yeah a case of what the heck, folks complained big time about content not coming out fast enough, there were so many QQ posts about it during cata. Now they are complaining bitterly that content is coming out to fast..

One wonders what is wrong with some people, as it seems that no matter what is done Blizz can never win.. The ultimate thing Blizz could do would be to give every player the bird and shutdown the game servers forever with a quote like, " You didn't like it when content was released too slow, now you don't like it when we release content faster." and have many expletives in there too.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-02-12 at 03:15 PM.