15+ Year Old Account

Non- Competivie Arena?

I have been thinking how they took skirmishes away and how they made Battlegrounds competitive. Would it be possible to do the opposite thing to arena? Have were you could just que solo into arena and if you win you would gain honor if you win. I would maybe restrict having more than one person que to make sure 2 really geared people could que with each other. But this also could give people a opening door to arena and learn how to arena without playing competitively because rbgs have bgs so people can learn how to do it but arena does not have that.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I think they'll re-introduce skirmishes in the next patch. I still don't understand why they removed them.

Deleted
    When you lose enough games, you will encounter players that have less control of their characters than you, and that's the point where you've reached your skill-cap, and will see yourself win games.

When you start winning games, you will automatically become better.

As for entry into Arena PvP, my best recommendations are:
    • SPAM GAMES!!! Seriously, that Join Battle button cannot be pushed ENOUGH. The more you play, the better you get.
    • Watch videos. Check out YouTube on your class and spec, and even watch other classes play.
    • Analyze. Figure out why you lose, check combatlogs, match your gear with your opponents, record your games and replay them to understand (you stress when you play arena).
    • 2's is the Entry-level. Keep playing 2v2 until you're comfortable, and then move on to 3v3, it's more hectic and fast-paced.

Hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What are your thoughts on this?
    With LFR Normal Mode and LF Rated BG on the horizon, I don't see the problem with LFA being added, so long as LFA players only get other LFA players to play against.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I suspect(and desperately hope) skirms will be brought back sometime in the nearish future. Their was no reason to remove them in the first place and even if they weren't used that much, so blizzard says, they were used alot more than war games.

That is the perfect non-competitive environment to learn arenas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    I think they'll re-introduce skirmishes in the next patch. I still don't understand why they removed them.
    indeed,just why did they remove them?thinking about it its silly to suppose it costed too much money to maintain a couple of extra instances.
    there was no downside to keeping them....

Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    When you lose enough games, you will encounter players that have less control of their characters than you, and that's the point where you've reached your skill-cap, and will see yourself win games.
    At that level everyone just blows all of their offensive cooldowns right away and the fight is over in 5-10 seconds, especially without a Mage or Pala around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    With LFR Normal Mode and LF Rated BG on the horizon, I don't see the problem with LFA being added, so long as LFA players only get other LFA players to play against.
    Got any source for LFR Normal mode or LF Rated BG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    Got any source for LFR Normal mode or LF Rated BG?
    It is my personal opinion that Blizzard are at least thinking about these tools, due to the lack of Normal mode and Rated BG exposure past half way through a raid patch cycle.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love skirmishes to come back. But the way they used to be. Where you can solo queue to get up against 2 randoms while playing with 1 random, or join with a friend to practise together (ofc this could be seperated if needed ). Regular Arenas just feel so limited at times. Another thing that would be awesome is a duel zone, or 1v1 arena. But those things will probably only stay on certain... "servers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    do you have the source of that ? :O i would LOVE to see this come back !!!!