High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Possible WoW announcement Friday?

A friend of mine who happened to be on a flight with two Blizzard employees was told there would be a big WoW announcement this Friday? Have any of you heard anything that could be being revealed this Friday? I have been looking and can't seem to find anything.

They didnt give him any details, just to pay attention on Friday?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaylkor View Post
    A friend of mine who happened to be on a flight with two Blizzard employees was told there would be a big WoW announcement this Friday? Have any of you heard anything that could be being revealed this Friday? I have been looking and can't seem to find anything.

They didnt give him any details, just to pay attention on Friday?
    Probably bs. Sorry bro.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Probably bs. Sorry bro.
    No need to be sorry, logically that was my first thought as well. Just thought it was worth asking. I haven't been playing or following the news lately so I thought maybe something slipped through the cracks that I missed.

Its true, I heard it from a friend of a friend of mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaylkor View Post
    No need to be sorry, logically that was my first thought as well. Just thought it was worth asking. I haven't been playing or following the news lately so I thought maybe something slipped through the cracks that I missed.
    Nah not that I know of. Unless they're releasing the release date for 5.2 on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Nah not that I know of. Unless they're releasing the release date for 5.2 on Friday.
    Can't be that since they told us that yesterday.

I can't think of anything it could be, so probably bs (not saying you or your friend is lying necessarily the guys on the plane probably were). Or not that big of a deal. They aren't going to announce an expansion outside of Blizzcon. It's WAY too early for them to start talking about 5.3 features they are working on. We were told yesterday that patch 5.2 is coming in two weeks. So that eliminates pretty much everything of major importance related to WoW that I can think of.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

If anything, they'll announce the end of the arena season later today. Otherwise I don't see anything that could make that statement anywhere near true.

Deleted
    maybe they will announce blizzcon date

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I don't think they were lying. I do think they just used Blizzard Speak.

What do we know? We know Expansion V will be revealed this year at Blizzcon. That's big WoW news.

So I think they'll announce this year's Blizzcon on Friday. That won't be big, but the big thing will come there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said I remain skeptical myself. Normally I would dismiss it but this guy isnt usually the type to make up a story just for the hell of it. Not saying that means its true. Like Synthax said... If I worked for Blizz I would probably troll fans too.

Itll either be the announcement for the end date of the current arena season. Or they possibly the next Blizzcon date.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't do these kind of "friend of a friend of Blizzard" threads here. There is nothing to discuss. There is no evidence. There is no point.

Closing.