Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Fake it 'til ya make it! Soon enough, you'll have faked it for long enough that it'll just be normal and you'll feel confident where you wouldn't in the past
    it works, too!

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    That's not entirely true. I don't have problems with talking to people when there's a subject to talk about. However, I don't care nor do I know how to small talk/chit chat.
    That's not something that differentiates by gender however. The real difference is that you don't normally care for chitchat with a random person, but in a date you'd like to do so with your date. So it's more of a asking for what to talk about in dates! =)

Her name's... what? o_O
    Her real name. Suddenly realised a parallel that I hadn't noticed before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I'm a social outcast. I go to secondary education and I sit by myself in the corner. Yeah. I want to go sit with the girls but how. I have no idea what to say or talk. What If i sit there silently and they think I'm a stalker or something.
    Will they get annoyed or offended if I sit with them??
    Should i approach them or let them approach me?? I have started the course recently and I wanna do something before time just goes by..
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You vocalise words with your vocal cord, and speak like you would to any other typical member of the community.
    ...yeah, there's the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    ...yeah, there's the problem.
    You mean there's a problem sitting in the corner and expecting to get to speak to someone?

Should i approach them or let them approach me?? I have started the course recently and I wanna do something before time just goes by..
    Approach them. This might just be me but I'm not exactly keen on just going over and talking to some guy just like that, rather have them come to me and talk.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-02-12 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    If you start thinking "ohhhh what will she think about me if i talk to her, will she think...." you have arleady losen.

Too much thinking before even trying will not bringt you further. More and more doubts will overcome you.

Just try and get experience. With every try you will get more self confident.

Deleted
    What do you mean you want to "sit" with them? Do you mean you want to hang out with girls, as in have more friends that are girls, or do you want to possibly date one?

In first case, they're people, do as you do with anyone, go and sit next to the group of them, and when they talk about something like school or something, intervene too and say something. And from saying to saying you'll get into the group and become buddies.

For second case, can't help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a social outcast. I go to secondary education and I sit by myself in the corner. Yeah. I want to go sit with the girls but how. I have no idea what to say or talk. What If i sit there silently and they think I'm a stalker or something.
    Will they get annoyed or offended if I sit with them??
    you approach them very carefully. for women are a different gender altogether.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    ... Why do people need advice talking to women? They're humans, they don't have any unique access protocols you need to follow >_>
    Depending on the woman and your normal speech patterns/linquistic traits along with usual interests/avenues of discussion just to name a few things yeah they kinda do.

It's not the same as talking to one of the guys and when not used to can be about as nerve wracking as a low grade panic attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Depending on the woman and your normal speech patterns/linquistic traits along with usual interests/avenues of discussion just to name a few things yeah they kinda do.

It's not the same as talking to one of the guys and when not used to can be about as nerve wracking as a low grade panic attack.
    What no, unless you are trying to like seduce them or something just talking to girls its pretty easy.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    What no, unless you are trying to like seduce them or something just talking to girls its pretty easy.
    As a person who has a history similar to the OP though ironically probably worse for a time..Not at first trust me on this. It DOES get easier but at first if you're not used to it it is literally a VERY anxiety inducing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Women are people too, ya know.
    In the spirit of fairness, I started treating all my objects like women.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    As a person who has a history similar to the OP though ironically probably worse for a time..Not at first trust me on this. It DOES get easier but at first if you're not used to it it is literally a VERY anxiety inducing thing.
    do you talk to men of your own age? Or female family members?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

OP some reply in there I probably wouldn't try. I to have not talked to a single female in well my entire life so I know the feeling. I guess you just gotta give it a chance. Be ready for rejection tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    OP some reply in there I probably wouldn't try. I to have not talked to a single female in well my entire life so I know the feeling. I guess you just gotta give it a chance. Be ready for rejection tho.
    Did you not have a mother?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

When you run across the one who's right for you, you won't need to do anything but be yourself.

Did you not have a mother?
    Okay beside my mother and grandmother I talk to zero females hell even males. Last time I had a friend was 8 years ago.

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Infracted: Please refrain from posting only song lyrics.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 08:28 PM.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Okay beside my mother and grandmother I talk to zero females hell even males. Last time I had a friend was 8 years ago.
    What? I am truly sorry for your lots.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    do you talk to men of your own age? Or female family members?
    I talk to women my own age as well(more then men these days actually)...But i USED to where the OP is. And ironically meeting women online/at work(not a normal job and they were clients) helped ALOT. If you're not used to it it CAN be very very hard. Oh and actually outside of my mother i don't talk to female family members often.

So if the OP is even SLIGHTLY like i was(and still am about talking to people i don't know even barely) it really can be quite nerve wracking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You vocalise words with your vocal cord, and speak like you would to any other typical member of the community.
    also not talking to their chest is a good thing too, although sometimes funny, it isn't the done thing.