Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    WoW was painful before the LFG was introduced, often taking hours to get a group that more times than not could not get past the first boss of a dungeon. I do however remember reading somewhere not too long ago that the devs of GW2 were talking about making their LFG better. Can't remember where I found it but should be able to find some clarification via typing something in google.

LFG tool is fine if it is server based and if the company don't tune the content for "randoms". I admitt that after years of playing MMOs my social skills goten worse instead of improve...it is more likely I do not talk to people easily now and don't often try to form a group myself, instead I will just join to the group someone advertise on the chat. But from the other hand I also don't like cross realm LFG tools that make communities just random numbers from nowhere that you will not see again and don't care about..

to me, Rift have it right, server based LFG even if it takes longer to find group I don't care, I just want to see the same people again and again and after some time maybe we will not need it anymore...a good server based LFG can forge the communities while a cross realm one can destroy them
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much why I stopped playing the game as I enjoy dungeons a lot and not being able to get into one whenever I want at the time I want just feels extremely limiting anymore. Least the game is getting one for the smaller pvp areas so that's a plus for now. Hopefully a cross-realm version for dungeons follows shortly after.

As it stands, unless all players are on one server (ala upcoming TES:O) or it actually ships with a xrealm automatic dungeon finder, your shiny new MMO doesn't exist to me.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    to me, Rift have it right, server based LFG even if it takes longer to find group I don't care, I just want to see the same people again and again and after some time maybe we will not need it anymore...a good server based LFG can forge the communities while a cross realm one can destroy them
    Um, when was the last time you played Rift? You do know its has a xrealm system for BGs and dungeons, right?
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2013-02-12 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    Meh, I hated cross-realm lfg in the last year I played WoW because of the general drop in gear preparation, skill and teamwork in the average LFG-group. Not to mention the ninjaloot everywhere.
    At least GW2 won't suffer ninjalooting.

Anyway, Ive seen nothing but spam spam spam in my /m in Queensdale for the manor.
    Mind you Im on desolation.

If you want to have a tool, let it be world restricted, no x-world. At least that way you will start to know who the good to awesome players are...and the bad to horrible once.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Pretty much why I stopped playing the game as I enjoy dungeons a lot and not being able to get into one whenever I want at the time I want just feels extremely limiting anymore. Least the game is getting one for the smaller pvp areas so that's a plus for now. Hopefully a cross-realm version for dungeons follows shortly after.

As it stands, unless all players are on one server (ala upcoming TES:O) or it actually ships with a xrealm automatic dungeon finder, your shiny new MMO doesn't exist to me.

Um, when was the last time you played Rift? You do know its has a xrealm system for BGs and dungeons, right?
    I'm not sure if I got it right but are you actually saying that the reason why you stopped playing gw2 is because you were not able to get into a dungeon whenever you wanted at the time you wanted? When it actually can take about to 1 to 2 mins to form/join a group? (Much faster than any game out there even being a tank queue)?

Just wanted to know if that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I'm not sure if I got it right but are you actually saying that the reason why you stopped playing gw2 is because you were not able to get into a dungeon whenever you wanted at the time you wanted? When it actually can take about to 1 to 2 mins to form/join a group? (Much faster than any game out there even being a tank queue)?

Just wanted to know if that's right.
    Obviously, because taking 2 minutes to actually talk to people is too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Obviously, because taking 2 minutes to actually talk to people is too much work.
    Well, in the poster's defense there are many many games out there. Leaving a game can be a death of many cuts as well, perhaps the annoyance of having to work to get into a group was the last straw. Maybe they preferred another game which had this convenience. Some people stay in GW2 for small things as well.

Deleted
    I'm not sure this would be good, I'm afraid if they implemented a decent LFG tool for dungeons people would just queue for dungeons all the time and the world would start feeling empty, like in WoW. Another thing, like in WoW people would probably start being assholes in dungeons most of the time because they know they would never see those people again, unless it's only server wide.

I'm just hoping they put in something really similar to this

And then just make that work across all zones (instead of the districts you would have server names) and it would be pretty much perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MewtwoC View Post
    I'm not sure this would be good, I'm afraid if they implemented a decent LFG tool for dungeons people would just queue for dungeons all the time and the world would start feeling empty, like in WoW. Another thing, like in WoW people would probably start being assholes in dungeons most of the time because they know they would never see those people again, unless it's only server wide.
    A net are good at putting on diminishing returns I'm sure they could do the same with random groups. Wow zones we're dead before lfg don't kid yourself that everyone was out in the world. everyone was sat in trade spamming for groups. to being assholes, can't possibly happen in gw2 the community is always saying how much friendlier it is.

I don't want LFD I want the exact same thing from GW1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    A net are good at putting on diminishing returns I'm sure they could do the same with random groups. Wow zones we're dead before lfg don't kid yourself that everyone was out in the world. everyone was sat in trade spamming for groups. to being assholes, can't possibly happen in gw2 the community is always saying how much friendlier it is.
    Well, I guess you would know better if you played for longer than I did, I started playing right before ICC came out which if I remember correctly was also when LFD was implemented.
    About people being assholes in dungeons, I don't know, I do think that people in GW2 are very friendly, I've only had good experiences (well except for that annoying 9 years old that kept begging me for help till I blocked him) but I think random dungeons with random groups across all servers brings out the worst in many people, I'm gonna mention WoW again because it's the only other MMO I've played and I've heard many people saying that when there was no LFD people tended to behave because if they didn't they would get bad rep in their server and no one would want to play with them, but since LFD people don't care how they act because they know they won't ever meet those people again and they won't get bad rep.

Now, I'm not against a LFD in GW2 but honestly I don't think it's that hard to find a group on your own if you want to, I guess it just depends on the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no doubt the introduction of random groups cross server can have an impact on community I would not refute that, the problem is exaggerated by rose tinted glasses, Gw2 would benefit from some kind of updated lfg you but sure to no Trinity it absolutely does not need to be cross server. Other mmos are both blessed and cursed by necessity of a lfg tool and always will be unless you added some kind of up/down voting or something to make people think twice about being a sick. The fact people need to go to a 3rd party site shows the die for some kind of tool but simply sticking in random lfg might not be it for Gw2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Oh no doubt the introduction of random groups cross server can have an impact on community I would not refute that, the problem is exaggerated by rose tinted glasses, Gw2 would benefit from some kind of updated lfg you but sure to no Trinity it absolutely does not need to be cross server. Other mmos are both blessed and cursed by necessity of a lfg tool and always will be unless you added some kind of up/down voting or something to make people think twice about being a sick. The fact people need to go to a 3rd party site shows the die for some kind of tool but simply sticking in random lfg might not be it for Gw2
    Indeed, no trinity=faster groups, so no need for cross server, I would specially welcome a LFD for at least story modes because it is much harder to find groups for those and we need them to enter explorable mode, but since the rewards are useless no one that has already done story mode wants to do it again, that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MewtwoC View Post
    I would specially welcome a LFD for at least story modes because it is much harder to find groups for those and we need them to enter explorable mode
    Minor correction: 1person in your party needs to have done the SM so you can enter explo.