Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)
    Well, that means it's not on 2/26 as they 'aimed for'.
    It looks like 5.2 will be no earlier than 3/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Uh... no. I know you compulsively feel like you have to post first, and pretend to make insightful comments in a rush. But that is just wrong, and does not even make sense, ilvl is ilvl...

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95145

Item Level 522
    Neck
    +1302 Stamina
    +868 Intellect
    +480 Spirit
    +637 Critical Strike (1.06% @ L90)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86976

Item Level 517
    Upgrade Level 2/2
    Neck
    +1243 Stamina
    +828 Intellect
    +484 Spirit
    +592 Critical Strike (0.99% @ L90)

For important pieces like weapons they are.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94740-jalaks-maelstrom-staff
    New staff with 1478 Base Agi and the ability to put 320 extra agi on it

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/87156-gao...r?upgradeNum=2
    Upgraded heroic staff with 1488 base agi on it and the ability to add another 660 agi.
    (also has more Mastery than the 522 as well as almost identical Expertise to the 522's Hit.)

The only difference is a slight amount of weapon damage, which may or may not overrule it for Melee.

And for casters we have

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94974-sue...he-falling-sun
    Staff with 1478 passive int and 8925 passive spellpower. and the ability to put an extra 380 int (160+160+60socket)

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/87170-jin...r?upgradeNum=2
    Staff with 1488 (+10) int and 8521(-404) passive spellpower with the ability to put an extra 660 (500+160)
    (Staff loses out on 50 mastery and makes up for it with 80 of the other secondary stat)

So no. The difference isnt massive. I didnt say it was. But when raiding in a hardcore environment, If im doing 150,000 dps and I COULD be doing 150,001 dps, Im gonna go with the 1 dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Uh... no. I know you compulsively feel like you have to post first, and pretend to make insightful comments in a rush. But that is just wrong, and does not even make sense, ilvl is ilvl...
    Im also really happy you felt the need to edit this in while I was posting while linking a NECK comparison. Literally one of the absolute worst pieces, in terms of flat out stats, for any single person.
    Last edited by moveth; 2013-02-13 at 05:46 AM.

Does this mean I could buy 2 pieces and sell them after the patch or will they reset it still ?

Could turn 2 into 3

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Glad I spent 3000 valor points today then to upgrade my gear only to hear about this news. Time to farm back up to 3k.
    That's what you get for jumping the gun so early Holyshnikies. Always wait for final confirmation of patch information before making such a decision. That said, definitely a good decision on their part for non-raiders and alts.
    Considering that the last announcement (conversion announcement) was assumed to be the final desicion I don't think Holy was really in the wrong here. You can't live on the assumption that everything said might be gone back on in the days before release.

I am not blaming blizzard for changing their minds after reciving player feedback it is actually very nice to see but I HATE this mentality that players have to account for every possibility and all fault lies on them.
    Last edited by Me222; 2013-02-13 at 05:28 AM.

Yep, 5.2 wont hit in Feb, they changed their target with 1 week overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Does this mean I could buy 2 pieces and sell them after the patch or will they reset it still ?

Could turn 2 into 3
    Far as I can remember (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the sell-back timer on items is wiped when a new tier patch drops, to prevent this.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

How is that we can't spend them? isn't the 522 necklaces from Shado-Pan Assault can be acquired with Neutral? (I assume Neutral is the starting thing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    They've lost 500k since MoP came out, not 3m.

Also, first people say "listen to us!" and then when Blizzard listens to them they say "oh look, they're just doing whatever they are told!".

I'm 100% sure Blizzard thinks through changes and does what THEY think is best. It might not be the best choice there is, so Blizzard takes feedback and improves it. Quit trying to bash Blizzard every option you get, it gets tiresome.

Also, the change isn't as big as people think. It's not like people will be able to spend their valor for a few weeks on the new gear anyways. Starting with 0 valor now or at the start of the patch doesn't change anything except not getting any valor for a few weeks until you can spend what you have capped.
    I think he was referring to the Cata losses. Still weren't 3 mil but were very very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

This is great news! I was planning on building up a bank of valor and spending it before the patch, but now I'll spend what I need to to stay as close to 3k as I can. Then when 5.2 drops I can buy 50% or 25% off gear to fill any slots that need a bump.

And my fresh 90s should have just enough time to farm up 3k to carry into the patch. Oh happy day!

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    And for casters we have

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94974-sue...he-falling-sun
    Staff with 1478 passive int and 8925 passive spellpower. and the ability to put an extra 380 int (160+160+60socket)

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/87170-jin...e-waterspeaker
    Staff with 1488 (+10) int and 8521(-404) passive spellpower with the ability to put an extra 660 (500+160)
    (Staff loses out on 50 mastery and makes up for it with 80 of the other secondary stat)
    FWIW, you can add ?upgradeNum=1 / ?upgradeNum=2 to the end of the URL to show the upgraded tooltips

15+ Year Old Account
    This really doenst effect hardcore raiders at all. Its still going to be better to use your valor to upgrade since there are more stats on fully upgraded 517s than fresh normal mode 522s for some unknown reason.
    I thought they were removing the upgrade feature in 5.2 to prevent confusion. Did I miss another change of heart?

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I thought they were removing the upgrade feature in 5.2 to prevent confusion. Did I miss another change of heart?
    you did not. upgrading not till 5.3 atm

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    FWIW, you can add ?upgradeNum=1 / ?upgradeNum=2 to the end of the URL to show the upgraded tooltips

And FWIW, thank you, kind sir

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:47 AM ----------

They are removing it. However, the items that are already upgraded stay that way. Im talking of Items (Specifically Weapons and Trinkets (Possibly tier)) that are already upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    (looks at 517 legs)
    (looks at 522 tier legs)

what?
    So when the new patch hits you can buy one new piece of gear from Shado-Pan. I've heard that every boss will give you about 500 rep each and with 12+1 boss (Ra-Den is like Sinestra heroic only?) you'll get 6000 rep the first week so you can buy another item. 2 items in the first week of normal mode quality isn't that of a game changer especially not for hardcore guilds because every hardcore guild will buy 2 pieces in the first week.

That you can keep your valor is a good change and that they upgrade the new rewards to itemlevel 496 up from 476 is good and needed. Because who would have bought the pieces? They'd cost doubled amount of valor than the old pieces and were itemlevel 476 and the old 5.0 ones are 489. They were worthless because they were more expensive and had worse stats. With itemlevel 496 they are on par with the 5.1 rewards which is good.

Just hoping that item upgrading will come back quickly because without it, there's not much to spend valor on.

15+ Year Old Account
    And FWIW, thank you, kind sir

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:47 AM ----------

They are removing it. However, the items that are already upgraded stay that way. Im talking of Items (Specifically Weapons and Trinkets (Possibly tier)) that are already upgraded.
    Ohhh so you mean raiders are better off upgrading their stuff before 5.2, than to get the new 522s. Gotcha.

Sig by Isilrien

Bugger - spent my points on totally random crap. I'm off to cry in a corner.

Ohhh so you mean raiders are better off upgrading their stuff before 5.2, than to get the new 522s. Gotcha.
    Not entirely as eventually in patch 5.3 those 522's will be upgradeable. So while some 517's might currently be better than the 522's, I would still suggest not passing on any 522 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)
    That means we'll have at least 3 weeks before the patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't see how it makes much of a difference. You can't spend that valour until you have lots of rep, so you might as well just spend it on upgrades now.
    Except the fact that the raid faction (Shado-Pan Assault) has ilvl 522 VP rewards available from Neutral:
    Necks - Neutral rep, 1250 VP
    Wrists - Friendly rep, 1250 VP
    Rings - Friendly rep, 1250 VP
    Trinkets - Friendly rep, 1750 VP
    Hands - Honored rep, 1750 VP
    Legs - Honored rep, 2250 VP
    Backs - Honored rep, 1750 VP
    Chests - Revered rep, 2250 VP
    Belts - Revered rep, 1750 VP
    Shoulders - Revered rep, 1750 VP

So, even from the minute 5.2 hits, you could go pick up a new Neck, and shortly after downing some bosses (however much rep they'll give, or even from possibly championing the faction for your first Scenario + Heroic) pick up a set of Wrists, a Ring, or a Trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I really like how blizzard has been acting since MoP. Its like they are a new team of people or something. Guess loosing 3m subs made them change.
    their team constantly changes but ofc losing subs make some changes mandatory