Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    Hey, quite new to watching Animes but its really got me, just struggling to decide what to watch next.
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Berserk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Gotta check that one out after Code Geass then So many good animes out there, and I've only seen a few x] Though Naruto, Bleach and One Piece pretty much was the best :P But damn, cant even find the time for it anymore x]
    It was also made by some of the same guys who did Code Geass as well.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    If it's going up to 48 I'm assuming your watching english dub. You can stream english sub episodes on past it on crunchyroll.com
    I prefer Funimations official site myself. I dunno might be cause i remember the early days of CR but i try to avoid it LOL.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    or Chia-Anime.com
    or Animefreak.tv

those are my big 3 anyways.
    For future ref to newer guys. Be careful what streaming sites you mention. Most aren't exactly legal and thus go against forum rules.

15+ Year Old Account
    idle curiosity because i started reading (and liking the light novel), but is there an anime based on Mahoka Koko no Rettosei

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    idle curiosity because i started reading (and liking the light novel), but is there an anime based on Mahoka Koko no Rettosei
    I *THINK* it's being adapted, not 100% sure how true that is, I remember seeing somewhere on /a/ that it was going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to watch anime all the time years ago but stopped for some reason, mostly I think because I don't really like watching TV on my computer anymore (though most anime I've watched I bought on dvd anyway) But I got a laptop and now I can watch anime while lying down in bed so I've started watching stuff again but so far only pokemon.

It's been so long since I used to watch anime all the time that I'm not quite sure where to begin. So I figured I'd ask here for some recommendations.

Some of my favorite anime: Bleach, Death Note, Naruto, Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam Seed, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Alchemist. I like anime with a good amount of action but especially I love anime that have really good and deep story lines.

I'll list all the anime I've seen here to avoid getting recommendations I've seen but there is no way I'd be able to remember everything since it was so long ago, but I'll do my best to list it all (excluding what I listed above)
    Burst Angel, Argentosoma, DN Angel, Infinite Ryvius, Gundam Wing and Seed Destiny, Tsukihime, Gravion, Sayuki, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Gene Shaft, Inuyasha.

And that's all I can remember now. I enjoyed almost all of the above except I think I didn't like Gravion much. Please only recommend shows with dubs because I find it really difficult to get into a show with subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I used to watch anime all the time years ago but stopped for some reason, mostly I think because I don't really like watching TV on my computer anymore (though most anime I've watched I bought on dvd anyway) But I got a laptop and now I can watch anime while lying down in bed so I've started watching stuff again but so far only pokemon.

It's been so long since I used to watch anime all the time that I'm not quite sure where to begin. So I figured I'd ask here for some recommendations.

Some of my favorite anime: Bleach, Death Note, Naruto, Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam Seed, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Alchemist. I like anime with a good amount of action but especially I love anime that have really good and deep story lines.

I'll list all the anime I've seen here to avoid getting recommendations I've seen but there is no way I'd be able to remember everything since it was so long ago, but I'll do my best to list it all (excluding what I listed above)
    Burst Angel, Argentosoma, DN Angel, Infinite Ryvius, Gundam Wing and Seed Destiny, Tsukihime, Gravion, Sayuki, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Gene Shaft, Inuyasha.

And that's all I can remember now. I enjoyed almost all of the above except I think I didn't like Gravion much. Please only recommend shows with dubs because I find it really difficult to get into a show with subs.
    Ahh a fellow DVD collector warms my heart to see another.

Anyways might i suggest Code Geass, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Rahxephon(MUCH better then Eva) and Blue Gender to start.

All are dubbed and some can be downloaded in gray area legality while dubbed(their company died).

And i DO have more but these are a start....Also que the Steins Gate fans telling you to go that first... My advice sure if you want though something tells me alot of my recommendations will work well for you for now.

And gravion you may not have liked because it is VERY 70s/80s super robot. More fun then plot LOL. And actually i'll add Fafner and LAIN to my list. Bith damn good series and alot to think about.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2013-01-29 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the recommendations
    I'll check them out and pick one to watch. Out of those I've only seen Trigun before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the recommendations
    I'll check them out and pick one to watch. Out of those I've only seen Trigun before.
    It's NP at all. TBH been on an anime break myself lately so i can kinda relate to getting back in after being away.

Deleted
    Hey hey.

So, I haven't really watched much Anime, in fact, nothing at all until a couple weeks ago when I started watching the 2003 series of Fullmetal Alchemist on impulse.

51 episodes later and I'm sitting here in my underwear crying like I've just won an oscar.

So, I quite fancy delving into more anime and I thought I'd check in here for some recommendations.

I'm looking for something that contains the following:

- Some action
    - More adult themes (I've never really been able to define the term "adult themes" without sounding like someone with a perversion for murder so I shan't go any further in fear of doing that once more!)
    - A fantasy setting and story (I'd rather nothing that seems too real, FMA had a nice blend of realism and fantasy taking our world and our physics and chucking Alchemy into the mix although I'd be happy to go for straight fantasy, Sci-Fi or anything out of the ordinary)
    - Strong characters (I ended up feeling very attached to the characters from FMA so things like deaths hit me very hard, that sort of emotional connection has to be there, otherwise I will get bored very, very quickly. Even if the characters aren't likable or relate-able, having deep and interesting characters will keep me entertained)
    - And a decent offering in terms of length (If an anime can keep me going for a good few weeks it's a big plus, total time of at least 10 hours, preferably around the 15+ mark, although that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch an anime film or a series it's just that I'd rather have something I can watch over a long period of time)

(Also, I have a soft spot for romance sub-plots if there are any that do have said sub-plots. However, it won't be a deal breaker if they don't)

It may be a bit to ask for, but I know what I like in a show (I watch a lot of live action shows in my downtime) and I was hoping that could be translated into an anime!

Thanks!
    Desp.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Hey hey.
    I haven't seen all of FMA myself, but I'd recommend Baccano! and Code Geass. Baccano!'s a bit shorter, but it has a lot of action and some similar themes to FMA, with some alchemy and magic of sorts. Code Geass is about the same length as FMA, and is quite a bit different, but based on your other criteria I think you'd like it. Lots of action, some supernatural stuff, plus some mecha and a bit of sci-fi.

You may also enjoy Death Note, but that one has significantly less action, so I'm not entirely sure. It's very dark, with a lot of mind games being played between the two main characters. And there's also Fate/Zero, which has fantasy, alchemy, fantastic animation, lots of action and is very dark, but it's a prequel to a much worse series that I wouldn't recommend, so the ending can be unsatisfying to some. Aside from that it's great, though.
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2013-02-12 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey hey.

So, I haven't really watched much Anime, in fact, nothing at all until a couple weeks ago when I started watching the 2003 series of Fullmetal Alchemist on impulse.

51 episodes later and I'm sitting here in my underwear crying like I've just won an oscar.

So, I quite fancy delving into more anime and I thought I'd check in here for some recommendations.

I'm looking for something that contains the following:

- Some action
    - More adult themes (I've never really been able to define the term "adult themes" without sounding like someone with a perversion for murder so I shan't go any further in fear of doing that once more!)
    - A fantasy setting and story (I'd rather nothing that seems too real, FMA had a nice blend of realism and fantasy taking our world and our physics and chucking Alchemy into the mix although I'd be happy to go for straight fantasy, Sci-Fi or anything out of the ordinary)
    - Strong characters (I ended up feeling very attached to the characters from FMA so things like deaths hit me very hard, that sort of emotional connection has to be there, otherwise I will get bored very, very quickly. Even if the characters aren't likable or relate-able, having deep and interesting characters will keep me entertained)
    - And a decent offering in terms of length (If an anime can keep me going for a good few weeks it's a big plus, total time of at least 10 hours, preferably around the 15+ mark, although that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch an anime film or a series it's just that I'd rather have something I can watch over a long period of time)

(Also, I have a soft spot for romance sub-plots if there are any that do have said sub-plots. However, it won't be a deal breaker if they don't)

It may be a bit to ask for, but I know what I like in a show (I watch a lot of live action shows in my downtime) and I was hoping that could be translated into an anime!

Thanks!
    Desp.

Have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Couple of recommendations would be:
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - If you enjoyed the original, you should hopefully enjoy this remake. The plot starts the same for the first few episodes, but then follows the manga more closely after that. New characters and subplots are introduced, the action is upped, in a more shounen kinda way (bleach, naruto style), and the ending is completely different to that of the original anime.

Psycho Pass - *note: this may not be dubbed* It has been licensed for release in the US (at least) at the same time as Japan, so hopefully that also could include dubbing.
    As you enjoyed Ghost in The Shell, I would recommend this currently running animation by the same studio (Production IG). It has the futuristic plot and animation style of Ghost in the Shell. Myself, and a load of friends who loved Ghost in the Shell, are currently really enjoying this, so could be one to look out for.

Deleted
    Desperatus:

I think you will like Spice & Wolf a lot. Another recommendation is Fate/Zero but thats mainly because it's good no matter what, not because of what u wanted, but you will probably like it.

Deleted
    Some neat stuff to look through, it seems.

And no, I haven't seen Brotherhood. I was aware of it, for the most part, but decided I'd wait a bit before watching it seeing as I finished the first anime last night.

From the looks of it Fate/Zero might be my next port of call!

Thanks!

Some neat stuff to look through, it seems.

And no, I haven't seen Brotherhood. I was aware of it, for the most part, but decided I'd wait a bit before watching it seeing as I finished the first anime last night.

From the looks of it Fate/Zero might be my next port of call!

Thanks!
    If you haven´t watched Darker than Black, i highly recommend it. Just rewatched this anime some time ago, watched it as much as 4 times in total, and it got a good spin-off

aside from that there are many animies with a good story, some action and adult oriented, like:
    Phantom- Requiem for the Phantom: a really twisted plot with a lot of tragedy, but also cruel
    Canaan: a little bit like phantom in regards to the story
    Birdy the mighty (and the sequel Birdy the mighty decode): it has a fantasy setting and a nice twist in story and the main charakters. also a lot of action

and as for the ones allready mentioned here, FMA and FMA brotherhood both were really good, same can be said about Fate/Zero

Like a few other people here, I have been on a pretty long break from animes for a while. I'd really like to get back into it however, but I don't know where to begin exactly.

The best example of the stuff I'm looking for is probably something along the lines of Sword Art Online (arguably the best damn series I've seen in my entire life, anime or not). If you haven't seen it however, I'm looking for something that's not only exciting, but also touching. In short, I want something that'll make me cry for days. I enjoy strong romance, drama, perhaps some more mature elements as well although it isn't necessary. A plus would be if there's also some action/exciting scenes in it, but it's not a requirement.

I enjoy animes like Naruto and Bleach, but frankly, they're starting to get long-winded and I'm sick of fillers at this point. Shorter ones with amazing story is mainly what I'm looking for.

But hey, I'm still a total newbie to this whole scene so if you have ANY "must see"-animes, let me know. My english sucks, but I hope you get the idea.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2013-02-13 at 07:40 AM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Coronius:

Romance(ish):
    Spice & Wolf
    Clannad
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Kokoro Connect
    Toradora

Just good in general:
    Death Note
    Fate/Zero (Fate/ Stay Night as well but imo it's not very good)
    Seitokai Yakuindomo if you like comedy
    Angel Beats
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The world god only knows)
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2013-02-13 at 11:38 AM.

another good one, with a lot of commedy, action and tragedy is Kekkaishi, even so the manga was a lot better, the anime isn´t bad either, maybe try it sometime. it still got 52 epidodes, so maybe a little too long?

if it should be shorter, there are Heroic Age (i think 26 episodes or something like that) and Noein (24 episodes), both with a unique setting, both fanatasy, the first one playing in space, the 2nd on earth. there is a little bit of romance, tragic, action and twist in both.

something totally different is The Piano Forest, it´s an anime film about 2 friends and the competition between them.
    (the manga which the film is based on is still ongoing and has a story worth many films, so maybe there ´ll be a sequel)
    Last edited by sandini; 2013-02-13 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Coronius:

Romance(ish):
    Spice & Wolf
    Clannad
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Kokoro Connect
    Toradora

Just good in general:
    Death Note
    Fate/Zero (Fate/ Stay Night as well but imo it's not very good)
    Seitokai Yakuindomo if you like comedy
    Angel Beats
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The world god only knows)
    Thanks a lot, I'll definitely look into these. One question though; Will I understand Fate/Zero or do I have to watch Fate/Stay Night (or something else) first?
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Thanks a lot, I'll definitely look into these. One question though; Will I understand Fate/Zero or do I have to watch Fate/Stay Night (or something else) first?
    You don't have to watch Fate/Stay Night to appreciate the Fate/Zero, but there are kind of like "cameos" with some of the characters in the original, but it doesn't detract at all from the show if you have no prior knowledge. I'd go as far to say that some people might actually like watching Fate/Zero first, then Fate/Stay Night after, and others might like it the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI