Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why are you in a position where both healers get huddle? Just use both healers to pass the ball back and forth. Use a Mage to gather the Adds after each submerge...they can blink with the ball and put themselves in good position for the gaining speed buff. Once the adds are grouped up and slowed just pass back to healers and they can pass back and forth as needed. Also- for earlier kills make everyone use the same raid frames And settings so that you can pre plan passes.

We use grid - vertical grouping and its alphabetical. Throw priority is healer > all then first person alphabetically in g1 > second person alphabetically. If no one has huddle in g1 just go to g2 and throw to next person. Our passes are typically done before the first sha spine even hits. If you Are wiping At 15% use potions and raid cooldowns to survive each wave. At that point you need to kill 1 maybe 2 more waves before switching everyone to boss.

Towards the end of the fight if you have an ele shaman have them run max range out from your passers and throw the ball to them (sub 5%) let the adds chase them down and kill him. When the adds head back to main group use ankh and profit

Deleted
    I might wasnt clear, we passing ball to healers when huddle happen (with grid and macro). Well, we dont have mage. Yeah, i think we got point of fight, its more like tweaking and managing how to survive last %s before everybody switching to boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    Why are you in a position where both healers get huddle? Just use both healers to pass the ball back and forth. Use a Mage to gather the Adds after each submerge...they can blink with the ball and put themselves in good position for the gaining speed buff. Once the adds are grouped up and slowed just pass back to healers and they can pass back and forth as needed. Also- for earlier kills make everyone use the same raid frames And settings so that you can pre plan passes.

We use grid - vertical grouping and its alphabetical. Throw priority is healer > all then first person alphabetically in g1 > second person alphabetically. If no one has huddle in g1 just go to g2 and throw to next person. Our passes are typically done before the first sha spine even hits. If you Are wiping At 15% use potions and raid cooldowns to survive each wave. At that point you need to kill 1 maybe 2 more waves before switching everyone to boss.

Towards the end of the fight if you have an ele shaman have them run max range out from your passers and throw the ball to them (sub 5%) let the adds chase them down and kill him. When the adds head back to main group use ankh and profit
    This is absolutely brilliant. I love "outside the box" strategies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklefairy View Post
    The potion is instantly reset just like all other CDs. For some reason, it doesn't reset the potion if used before P2. I honestly don't know why, I've tried it multiple times. Besides, you'd want the 2 for P2.
    Tried that out yesterday and it didn't work for me. So I just popped all CDs as usual right after P2 starts, plus the potion. Then the CDs get reset, but the cooldown of the potion just keeps alternating between 58 and 59 seconds left, so I can't use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    With lei's hope it should only be 2. Make sure all your CDs are ON cooldown as going into phase 2 resets EVERYTHING including ANKH expect maybe potions that's a tossup if you read above posts. Not sure if you knew this or not but no reason to save any cds during phase 1.
    It doesn't reset until about 2 seconds into p2. If ANY dps saves their 3min CD's you can start p2 off by popping as many CD's as possible(Ascendance/Spiritwalkers Grace) run up to Sha of Fear and geta good 10 seconds of ascendance on him in p2. I know your thinking well you can get 15 seconds of it in p2 possibly after killing a platform, well honestly thats great and all if all you care about is parsing but if you want to kill the boss, this is a good way to get an extra couple million damage on sha before the adds start getting crazy.

My opening in p2 is, spam Ascendance/spirit walkers if Fire ele happens to be up, pop that too. Use rocket boots or run as fast as possible to sha dps him a bit when he submerges run back group up pop lust as he is just about to pop out and pop Ascendance again. Once your fire elemental runs out you can pop it again and get 2 minutes of Fire ele, 30 seconds of ascendance right at the start of phase 2.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Actually the CDs are reset shortly after P2 starts. So you can pop Ascendance and Fire Elemental right after entering P2, that will give you a couple more seconds.
    Thats what i said :P not in those words but, yeah thats what we do xP

Also as I've said before this works for every class with cool downs that might be up around the end of p1 or up by p2 start.
    Last edited by muxx; 2013-02-08 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    Do I need to handle that bubble/huddle or whatever the thing is called as Elemental? Its the next (last) boss left for us, could use some advice and a kill video/guide in Elemental PoV. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    My guild is starting tommorrow on Sha Of Fear HC and I have some questions, for shamans who already killed it or progressing on it.

1) Doest it worth going full mastery build after you reach P2 and you have Lei Shi haste buff?
    2) Since you can be send shortly after fight starts to panda platform, does it worth to save Fire Elemental for that?
    3) Ascendance for platform or Sha in P1?
    4) In P2, is better to use Ascendance for nuking Sha if there no adds or Lava Beam adds?
    5) Anything else what worth to mention how this fight could be specific for Elemental?
    This is coming from someone with a few H Sha kills in 25 man so take my input with a grain of salt.

1. I actually went with a max crit build on our second kill and it net me about 12000dps overall but I did not see the gains until halfway through phase 2 when the add count was 4+ per wave. If you run simcraft with multiple adds you will see that Mastery actually loses it's value and crit gains value (to be just a bit more valuable than haste). I am not sure how the adds work in phase 2 for 10 man mode but if you are not getting up to 6-7 adds per wave before the end it may not be worth reforging at all. Also, if your team has a harder time killing the platform adds in phase one you might as well not reforge as it will lower your single target DPS.
    2. Our team uses our first attempt (of any given night) to get the Lei Shi buff. On that pull, we pop hero and use all cooldowns at the start and run 4 tanks so that platform clears can be a bit slower. After that, we go to three tanks and save all cooldowns for platforms. Phase 1 really revolves around clearing the platforms as quickly and efficiently as possible so that you can use the minimum number of tanks in order to meet the dps requirements of phase 2. My opinion is play it safe and save your cooldowns for the platform. Phase 1 is not a DPS race on Sha, it is a DPS race on the platforms.
    3. Platform all the way. Save all cooldowns for platforms. My first platform always goes like this: Fire Elemental, Flame Shock, SWG, Stormlash, Ascendance. My platforms are always usually cleared early which the tanks appreciate.
    4. At the start of phase 2 (after he submerges and re-emerges) you should just use it on him. After that, I just use it on adds because controlling the adds is the main challenge of this phase. There are probably better single target DPSers on your team and using your Ascendance on the adds (once they are 3+) will allow those DPSers to stay on the boss longer.
    5. A few things I have found useful:

• Given our ability to be very mobile, I spend a majority of phase 1 outside the cone and only step in right before the breath. I basically take all of the Penetrating Bolts aimed at me out of the cone so that everyone else can move less often.
    • I always use my Earth Elemental when returning from my first platform while I have the Fearless buff. Honestly, I am not sure if the Earth Elemental gets buffed from Fearless but I have assumed he does thus far.
    • I blow Ancestral Guidance after every Death Blossom to help top people off and prevent deaths by people who did not hide behind a pillar near the safe zone Dread Spray.
    • If you are having trouble dancing I would highly recommend getting the addon ShaOfFearAssist. It is very helpful in finding the first safe zone and for learning the two patterns you will see.

If I think of anything else I will post it later. Have to run to a meeting!

Good luck on H Sha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunhunglo View Post
    This is coming from someone with a few H Sha kills in 25 man so take my input with a grain of salt.

1. I actually went with a max crit build on our second kill and it net me about 12000dps overall but I did not see the gains until halfway through phase 2 when the add count was 4+ per wave. If you run simcraft with multiple adds you will see that Mastery actually loses it's value and crit gains value (to be just a bit more valuable than haste). I am not sure how the adds work in phase 2 for 10 man mode but if you are not getting up to 6-7 adds per wave before the end it may not be worth reforging at all. Also, if your team has a harder time killing the platform adds in phase one you might as well not reforge as it will lower your single target DPS.
    2. Our team uses our first attempt (of any given night) to get the Lei Shi buff. On that pull, we pop hero and use all cooldowns at the start and run 4 tanks so that platform clears can be a bit slower. After that, we go to three tanks and save all cooldowns for platforms. Phase 1 really revolves around clearing the platforms as quickly and efficiently as possible so that you can use the minimum number of tanks in order to meet the dps requirements of phase 2. My opinion is play it safe and save your cooldowns for the platform. Phase 1 is not a DPS race on Sha, it is a DPS race on the platforms.
    3. Platform all the way. Save all cooldowns for platforms. My first platform always goes like this: Fire Elemental, Flame Shock, SWG, Stormlash, Ascendance. My platforms are always usually cleared early which the tanks appreciate.
    4. At the start of phase 2 (after he submerges and re-emerges) you should just use it on him. After that, I just use it on adds because controlling the adds is the main challenge of this phase. There are probably better single target DPSers on your team and using your Ascendance on the adds (once they are 3+) will allow those DPSers to stay on the boss longer.
    5. A few things I have found useful:

• Given our ability to be very mobile, I spend a majority of phase 1 outside the cone and only step in right before the breath. I basically take all of the Penetrating Bolts aimed at me out of the cone so that everyone else can move less often.
    • I always use my Earth Elemental when returning from my first platform while I have the Fearless buff. Honestly, I am not sure if the Earth Elemental gets buffed from Fearless but I have assumed he does thus far.
    • I blow Ancestral Guidance after every Death Blossom to help top people off and prevent deaths by people who did not hide behind a pillar near the safe zone Dread Spray.
    • If you are having trouble dancing I would highly recommend getting the addon ShaOfFearAssist. It is very helpful in finding the first safe zone and for learning the two patterns you will see.

If I think of anything else I will post it later. Have to run to a meeting!

Good luck on H Sha!
    1: on 10 man going full crit would be a huge mistake as the damage on the adds have to be more bursty due to people getting free'd from huddle, this slows the adds down and sometimes you only have 20-25 secs to nuke them down, you don't have the same uptime on adds as you do on a 25 man, so i'd just stay with my normal reforge, also you only have the Lei Shi buff in p1, once you reach p2, it's gone.

2: when my guild was progressing on this, we found that going all CD's + BL on sha in the start was the best for us, even with no buff, sometimes we wiped because we couldn't kill the platforms, but this was the tactic that gave us our best tries, because this way we only had to survive 3 platforms, (2 with lei shi buff). However i understand that this will be different from guild to guild and setup to setup.

3: covered this in 2 i guess.

4: i'd say that it depends on your setup, as an example on my guilds kilss i use the first 2 on boss, and then the last on the adds, but it would depend on how well you kill the adds.

5:
    - staying outside cone on 25 is very smart because it's a huge cluser of players in there, hoewever i never found this to be needed on 10 man, as usually you're only 5 people on the platform, so i never took any risks staying out.

- the other advice seem really good, i'd just like to mention that on 10 man, we chose to minimize our movement sometimes eating 1 spray, it would do damage but it would not fear you, but you'd only have to move few steps at a time, i personally found the addon rather useless and i disabled it after a while, however many of my guildies used it very succesfully.

Deleted
    Its fine now guys, its dead! But thanks for all tips

Btw, i was playing with Haste>Mastery>>>Crit build.

Deleted
    Do you think that 2 weeks is enought to down Sha 10 HC and get the glory achievement, befor nerfs hit? :O

Deleted
    Take us 5 nights and 90-100 wipes (with some really bad pulls), so i think its very doable
    Glory is not hard, achievments are really easy afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Take us 5 nights and 90-100 wipes (with some really bad pulls), so i think its very doable
    Glory is not hard, achievments are really easy afaik.
    This is about the average time it takes most guilds to do heroic sha

Deleted
    There's a tactic to kite the adds away as shaman, die and use ankh at 5% boss HP or so... does anyone of you have experience with it and could share a few information? Would like to know how this is played and how good the results are.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    There's a tactic to kite the adds away as shaman, die and use ankh at 5% boss HP or so... does anyone of you have experience with it and could share a few information? Would like to know how this is played and how good the results are.
    Someone posted about it in somewhere in the thread. I personally don't like a strat revolving and relying around someone dying safer to just continue passing the ball as normal.

Deleted
    Okay, had our first 2,5h on Sha yesterday. Our very first attempt was the best one, where the first group got back from the plattform in time (while we used all CDs on pull), all other tries where pretty bad, since we had to make adjustments to the ShaAssist settings and get used to it. Am I mistaken, or is the haste buff supposed to last for the whole lockout (what if you prolong it the next week?), or up to a soft reset of the instance?

Currently we arent really sure if we want to use a different setup to get to P2 the first time. Killing Terror Spawns is often mentioned in guides or in threads like this, but I've yet to see a progressing guild on Sha HC to use this tactic (probably not all of them fraps P1 wipes, lol). Well, while I topped DPS on most of the pulls along with our fire mage and affli lock, the shadow, balance druid and retri seemed far behind.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-02-13 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Okay, had our first 2,5h on Sha yesterday. Our very first attempt was the best one, where the first group got back from the plattform in time (while we used all CDs on pull), all other tries where pretty bad, since we had to make adjustments to the ShaAssist settings and get used to it. Am I mistaken, or is the haste buff supposed to last for the whole lockout (what if you prolong it the next week?), or up to a soft reset of the instance?

Currently we arent really sure if we want to use a different setup to get to P2 the first time. Killing Terror Spawns is often mentioned in guides or in threads like this, but I've yet to see a progressing guild on Sha HC to use this tactic (probably not all of them fraps P1 wipes, lol). Well, while I topped DPS on most of the pulls along with our fire mage and affli lock, the shadow, balance druid and retri seemed far behind.
    Lei's hope has a hidden duration. We tried camping the instance until next raid night but it simply disappeared. Do not kill terror spawns, learn to dodge.

Off topic: I just noticed my guild has the fastest US 10 man kill time yay us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Lei's hope has a hidden duration. We tried camping the instance until next raid night but it simply disappeared. Do not kill terror spawns, learn to dodge.

Off topic: I just noticed my guild has the fastest US 10 man kill time yay us.
    No fraps on your guild's homepage. :P

You should really consider killing the adds especially for the first P1 unless your heals/dps are good at avoiding the bolts. In the end it will only add 1 shrine phase (4 instead of 3 or 5 instead of 4) but it doesn't matter since the goal is to hit P2 not to kill the boss.

Deleted
    Best try for this evening was 67% (without the buff, obvsly) and people got ported a 4th time. We didnt kill the Terror Spawns, I used my CDs on the Pandas (FE, Asc, SL, Potion) and made 7-8m just like our Affli and Arcane. Fire mage was at 6-7 and the Shadow & Warrior lacked behidn with 5-6m. Something went wrong with the logs this evening ~

Our setup this evening was

Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin

Elemental
    Affli
    Fire mage
    Arcane mage
    Shadow
    Fury Warrior
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-02-13 at 10:11 PM.