Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    welcome in the magical world of Razer, where everything is overpriced and breaks easily
    True. But in all fairness, I've gone through 4 Naga now and never regretted buying them - coming from 2-3 button mice in the 90's there is no contest (especcially for spriest/lock pvp where I need a ton of /arena1/2/3 keybinds).

I hear the Logitech version is much sturdier though, and in the 90's I did swear by logitech opticals though - so my next one might be the logitech. The long story though is that MMO mice (with the wealth of keys on the sides) are or should be mandatory for competitive arena IMO (but that could just be the classes I play).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I bought the hex one, makes my life easier.
    I wanted a logitech, but my stupid mac isn't compatible with anything cheap.

TLDR, If I were you I'd buy a logitech, its cheaper and better. I'm stuck with naga because I don't have much choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's funny how ppl that haven't even used any Razer products, or used like 1 (and it somehow magically broke in under a year, it might also be the users fault?) complain about Razer and how it sucks.. I have Copperhead, Deathadder, Naga Molten and Lycosa, not a single piece has broken. And the newest 1 (Naga) is almost 1.5 years old and the oldest (Copperhead) is almost 5yrs.

On topic, yes I think it's worth it.. I have it and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sauron123 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-Spe...rds=razer+naga

I currently have a normal optical mouse and I am thinking of buying the above linked one.

Has anyone who has Razer Naga found it to be worth its price ? (i.e whether their programmable mouse buttons really made your gameplay better)
    Had my first Razer Naga over 2 years and it still works. Bought the new 2013 edition with switch able panels, and my girlfriend is using my old.

I recommend it for mmo players

I've had the Molten Naga for close to 1 year now and it is a great mouse. I've read and seen reviews that both praise it or curse it, but my personal experience has been great, i think.. that if I'd ever have to change my mouse, I'd buy the same one, maybe the wireless one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    I also have a hard time believing you need 48 keybinds in this game.
    At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    Add cooldowns, maybe a mount, maybe even a target mark.
    After you get past your standard keybinds (non mouse around your movement fingers on the keyboard) there is no way you need 48 keys bound. Unless you are binding food/drink/bags/character screen/stupid chat macro's/etc inifity list.
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.
    Maybe you should start playing real classes and not those 3 button lol specs.

on my priest, rogue, prot war, shaman i have over 30 key binds

for an example on rogue:
    Vendetta, Shadow blades, cloak of shadow, evasian, combat readiness, kick, sprint, shadowstep slice and dice, recuperate, blind, dismantle, kidney shot, smoke bobm, redidrect, shiv, healthstone/pvp trik, escape artist, mutilate, dispatcj, envenom, throw, gouge, crimson tempest, fan of knives, mount.
    further bound and important: Trinket, rocket boots, engineering gloves, glider,
    i freed up 1 slot cause i can use tricks of the trade when i rightclick on party frame
    and i stil should have a targetfocus macro bound tbh.

now tell me i bind useless stuff on my bars...
    Last edited by mmocc8a4e91472; 2013-02-13 at 12:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    don't know how I managed to game before I bought the naga, amazing mouse. the logitech G600 intrigues me, may give it a go when the naga gives up the ghost

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    after about a year the buttons will break.
    That's true. I'm on my 3rd Naga

ive been raiding hardmodes for years with this amazing thing you don't need a typical gaming mouse to perform well, but i can see how they can be helpful. mine works for me so i'm not going to fix what's not broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    I've had mine for about 2 or 3 years and it's still going strong. Not sure what you guys are doing to your mice.
    I wonder what they do as well, it's a great mouse.

Maybe they need a Fisher-Price mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deltons View Post
    I never said you NEEDED 48 keybinds. You said this:

I just pointed out that the statement you made was 100% false.
    Your original post was completely false though as the Naga doesn't just use 1-12, you can flip the switch on the bottom to make it use numpad 1-12 and I've never ever met anyone who uses numpad keybinds, so I see no issue whatsoever.

Deleted
    Had one about a year. then it broke got an g700 and just started using good keybindings on my keyboard. You do not need it.

Just fyi all my action bards are full of binds. So it is not because im not using enough for it to be somewhat usefull.

Yeah i got mine for about 3 years now and no problems at all..been playing at least 6 hours per day and it works perfectly fine...maybe those guys with the broken mice should be calm down a bit cause a mouse is a delicate device not a damn chainsaw......

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    overrated mouse and anything you buy from razer usually breaks really fast so don't bother
    Nothing more further from the truth , at least in my case. I ordered mine in July 2011 (Razer Naga blue one) and to this day it works PERFECTLY , its buttons respond as fast and good as the first day I bought it and with all the accessible buttons and functions it has i gotta say it was worth the price , which is why later on i bought Razer Carcharias headset which again i'm happy about.

People who say it breaks either get broken Razer gear ( shipping problems most likely) or smash the mouse , don't keep their desks clean , have dirty hands and fill the mouse with food crumbs. I had alot of of mouses ( mice? D: ) throughout my time , Logitech , A4Tech (god this company is terrible) and many others but Razer mice are built to fit comfortably in someone's hands. Too bad I can't buy a keyboard .. I got a cat and the hair gets EVERYWHERE and i'd just ruin it if i bought it... Also I paid 113 $ for the mouse.

I have had My "Epic" version for well over a year (one of the first run ) and it still works flawlessly .

Not sure How I played most of my games without one to be honest.

I have LARGE hands and only found a slight issue with the buttons but once I got used to "thumbing" them I was fine after about 1/2 a day. (well corner thumbing I guess , sausage finger only uses 1/2 the tip...giggitty)

I have the Logitech version as well and like it but the buttons shape annoys me .

The set up is simple ( to me ) and works well enough.
    MMO and FPS are what I play and it works well for both.

Note on My personal xp with Razer QC:
    The gf has my old Naga (another first run that is STILL working) and she is another "can no longer play without it " type.

Seems its hit or miss with QC (by reading the board complaints)
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2013-02-13 at 12:40 PM.

I use a naga hex, and I love it.. My wife uses a 12 button naga.. one thing I will say is that the 12 button naga is not made very well... the mechanical switches on it allow a lot of dirt to get in, making them not work or stick after a couple months of regular use.. Its not that hard to take it apart and spray it with some electronics cleaner or wd40, but its still a pain. One other thing (check out the youtube videos on how to do this).. If you have even remotely big hands avoid the 12 button.. I originally bought the 12 button for me, but it was impossible for me not to double click multiple buttons. My wife on the other hand, has no trouble.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Your original post was completely false though as the Naga doesn't just use 1-12, you can flip the switch on the bottom to make it use numpad 1-12 and I've never ever met anyone who uses numpad keybinds, so I see no issue whatsoever.
    Also this, obviously if it just used 1-12 that would be useless, everybody swaps it to the keypad - you just have to be mindful of Numlock. The only people I've ever known to use numpad keys was all the hardcore PvE tanks on my server used to bind their target marking keys there (Skull, Square, Circle, Triangle, etc).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Corsair Vengeance M90 is the best mouse ever! Link to that product.
    It's really worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Yes all Razer's have this problem....

OT: i'm happy i have mine it works perfectly! I just have the normal one though.
    That is why I went with the naga hex, mech buttons but the down side is you only get 6 "side" buttons.

Deleted
    Had my Razer naga molten for about 15 months now and it still works perfectly fine, I'm pretty happy with it, it's comfortable to use and does the job.