Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Sha of Fear Healing

I'm starting to do my research on this as we start progressing on this, and seeing there are only 36 (!) Mistweavers in the world who have logged a kill on worldoflogs in 10 man, it looks like I'll be on my own most of the time.

My main concern is the trash attack on tank. In hard mode from what I get, you don't kill the adds and need to "dance" to avoid crap on the ground full time, so it's going to be impossible to do soothing mist at all, meaning I'll probably have to do some kind of very fast soothing mist/enveloping mist combo, to break soothing mist asap and go back to jabbing.

Anyone has tips on how to not make this encounter a living hell for a monk healer? I always hated it when I did progression on normal mode, so I expect heroic sha to be more painful.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What tanks are you running with? What healer(s) are you running with?

Monk/Paladin tanks, other healer would either be a paladin or a shaman. Pretty sure we'll alternate between monk/shaman for 2nd healer and paladin will be there full time.

Chi Wave, ReM on people and Eminence healing should cover most damage going on in that platform. If the tank gets awfully low after a thrash get healing spheres on him, since he's always in the same position it becomes easy to use and it does some insane HPS.

In all honesty, this phase should be the least of your worries. :P

Avoiding Dread Spray, being able to handle huddle in terror if a healer gets affected, and topping a tank after Dread Thrash will be your biggest concerns for this encounter.

In fact I think the tactic in 10 man involves passing the Pure Light to the players affected by huddle in terror :0 Not sure.

Well I heard the healers have to handle the pure light thing, I didn't read or watch a video on that yet. I was mostly checking the mechanics still there from normal mode that would cause a problem due to moving.

For Dread Spray, we'll use the sha of fear assist addon, hopefully it works well, never tried it in normal.

Seems like I will actually have to finally use Healing Spheres for a reason after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well I heard the healers have to handle the pure light thing, I didn't read or watch a video on that yet. I was mostly checking the mechanics still there from normal mode that would cause a problem due to moving.

For Dread Spray, we'll use the sha of fear assist addon, hopefully it works well, never tried it in normal.
    Seems like I will actually have to finally use Healing Spheres for a reason after all.
    Tip for the addon setup. Use minimal movement, Rotating with your position and dont use full color pie.
    As for p1. dont forget you will probably have Diffuse Magic for 90% reduction if you need to stand still to heal a tank.

I'm starting to do my research on this as we start progressing on this, and seeing there are only 36 (!) Mistweavers in the world who have logged a kill on worldoflogs in 10 man, it looks like I'll be on my own most of the time.

My main concern is the trash attack on tank. In hard mode from what I get, you don't kill the adds and need to "dance" to avoid crap on the ground full time, so it's going to be impossible to do soothing mist at all, meaning I'll probably have to do some kind of very fast soothing mist/enveloping mist combo, to break soothing mist asap and go back to jabbing.

Anyone has tips on how to not make this encounter a living hell for a monk healer? I always hated it when I did progression on normal mode, so I expect heroic sha to be more painful.
    Keep in mind that the animation for the little blasts the adds throw at your feet is larger then the actual spell effect. Last night on H-Sha I think I had to move like 2-3 times max and that was mostly towards the 67-70% mark where the adds start going nuts. Just try to position yourself away from everyone else and you won't need to move much.

15+ Year Old Account
    My alt is a mistweaver monk, but haven't done heroic Sha on him yet. I've done it on shaman though.
    The normal phase 1 healing isn't that much different from normal to heroic, except that you will need to dance a whole lot more in the end of phase 1.

The thing is, Healing Spheres are very good for Thrashes on the tank. The tank healing, generally, should be relatively easy. Keep spheres under him, soothing mists sometimes with surging mists and enveloping occasionally. The real issue, as a monk, can actually be the raid healing in that scenario. Your main focus has to be on the tank, he must not die - but the dps guys might actually become a problem. They will take damage, some more, some less. And if you are focusing on the tank, there isn't much you can do to the dps's. Renewing mists on them but I doubt you have the Chi to use Uplift on them (which brings up the option to actually glyph Uplift).

On the side platforms you should have no issues healing; just fistweave and chi wave, no problem there. But you all need to get behind pillars during Death Blossom because you are a monk (you can't heal through that damage). As a shaman I can heal our whole group through Death Blossom without any problems, but I don't think many, if any, other healing classes can do that reliably (maybe paladins?). Others are more or less forced to get behind the pillars. Phase 2 healing is so easy so it really doesn't matter what healing setup you have there, all the classes work fine.

I hope this helps a bit

PS: Below my sig is a link to my youtube videos. Our Sha of Fear hc first kill vid is there, maybe it will clear some things up for you
    Last edited by Puupi; 2013-02-11 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    This could probably help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZssHls9BYM

p1 is the most annoying but I seemed to have it better then my resto shammy partner cause of one of the most imba instas ever, healing sphere... Thats pretty much all you have to do on sha's platform while running big rectangles. After there 6~ adds out I totally dropped fistweaving unless it was for chi for uplift on the dps. Mana isn't that much of a big deal since you can collect orbs on add platforms and save mana tea for p2.

For add platforms i would throw down statue right as a landed dip to the left pillar and cast transcendence and then pop xuen and start fistweaving the add while dispelling the tank running picking up orbs. USE SHA ASSIST! when death blossom was coming out cast cocoon on tank and use ur transcendence to get behind the pillar from before. Keep ur finger on revival for slow dps and/or tank going down. When you come back use diffuse magic because the dance gets fucked up. Dont be sacred to use glyphed zen med to help pick up orbs.

P2 was myself and resto shammy throwing the ball between each other with a mage with blink helping out occasionally to group up adds better. try to get a nice amount on renewing mists out before submerge and use TFT during submerge and jab jab uplift sha/adds. Set up a healing rotation from the first 4 set and you should be good.

Hit me up if you need more advice

So, am I the only one who finds the margin is very very thin by trying to melee the add on platforms while being in the green zone and being too close so you get feared anyways? At some point I just gave up and decided to avoid melee range and cast soothing mist on tank and keep raid up with renewing mist/uplift.. seems to work great but I really wanted to help with the dps in that bit.

Also, casting healing sphere on the move is a serious pain, I probably didn't plan that one right. I ended up keeping tank up with soothing mist/enveloping mist and chi wave if I had to move early and tank needed a heal. I fear that once I get further in the fight it's going to be almost impossible to stop to channel.

Challenging fight for sure, and I have not seen phase 2 yet!

There's my logs taken by me so it's accurate, not really impressed by my abilities on this one, by far more challenging than any other hard modes for a monk imo. Or maybe I'm just not doing it right.

Definitely kind of lacking on the movement department.

I was brought in tonight and I was having some issue keeping the tank up on the platform b/c he's picking up all the orbs and i'm just fistweaving the majority of it while trying not to get feared so I'm hesitant to stand still to heal. Healing spheres works fine for me on Sha, but on add platform the tank is moving too much.

On Sha platform it gets a bit hairy towards the end since we're not killing the adds. I just ReM/uplift on people while healing spheres on the tank. Your DPS shouldn't be getting hit by bolts that they need a ton of healing

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we get it before your guild, I'll be good =P

Quote Originally Posted by Chango99 View Post
    On Sha platform it gets a bit hairy towards the end since we're not killing the adds. I just ReM/uplift on people while healing spheres on the tank. Your DPS shouldn't be getting hit by bolts that they need a ton of healing
    This is where I found the limitations of moving with my mouse instead of WASD... never ever had issues with that before, but the way healing sphere is done where you have to place it on the ground, you can't do that and move with your mouse at the same time.

Unless somebody knows a way to do that. Although it wasn't that bad, I was finding a safe spot and casting ReM, Uplift on the move, and casts chi wave on emergency, soothing mist/enveloping mist if I could find a spot to stop, and collect my own spheres when I got hit by something.. but sometimes RNG is a bitch and you can't find a spot for 10 seconds.

On platforms fistweaving seemed to me uncessary, the tank was too low most of the time, so Xuen was doing most of the raid healing while I was focusing the tank.

It's not a difficult task, but it's incredibly repetitive on top of requiring additional awareness on your position. If you find you can't fistweave, don't. Just do what you can to keep them alive on the platforms, you need to get phase 1 perfect if you want to have a good go at phase 2. Fistweaving should be more effective since you're helping to kill the add quicker before the next ominous cackle and your 'smart heals' should cover more people on the platform.

If you're using the ShaOfFearAssist addon, I would recommend you switch your pattern to "Minimal Movement". This means that if you follow the addon exactly as it says you'll get sprayed maybe once but you'll never get feared (sprayed twice) and you'll only need to move a couple of steps to the side. Also, the colours for the following spray locations are ambiguous so maybe you could switch them with colours you find more fitting for indicating areas such as "Second next sprayed area color".

Also, using healing spheres on a moving tank is a difficult task as you may have noticed after considering all the other things you must do, I only recommend you use healing spheres on the tank with Champion of the Light since he'll be in a fixed position. :P

Deleted
    It's not a bad idea to set up a few healing spheres around the platform in the first second of the platform I wouldn't think.

So, am I the only one who finds the margin is very very thin by trying to melee the add on platforms while being in the green zone and being too close so you get feared anyways? At some point I just gave up and decided to avoid melee range and cast soothing mist on tank and keep raid up with renewing mist/uplift.. seems to work great but I really wanted to help with the dps in that bit.

Also, casting healing sphere on the move is a serious pain, I probably didn't plan that one right. I ended up keeping tank up with soothing mist/enveloping mist and chi wave if I had to move early and tank needed a heal. I fear that once I get further in the fight it's going to be almost impossible to stop to channel.

Challenging fight for sure, and I have not seen phase 2 yet!

There's my logs taken by me so it's accurate, not really impressed by my abilities on this one, by far more challenging than any other hard modes for a monk imo. Or maybe I'm just not doing it right.
    Be sure your at max melee distance.
    Additionaly incase your using Sha Assist addon make sure you set the addon to Minimal movement, untick Full Color and make sure it colors the bit your in.
    I havnt had any problems staying in the green bit while hitting the add.
    As for healing the platform. I put down my statue as i land and fistweave while keeping ReM on everyone
    If the tank needs healing a quick soothing/instant EM is usually enough. Roll gets you to the pillar asap for Death Blossom and back again when its done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Be sure your at max melee distance.
    Additionaly incase your using Sha Assist addon make sure you set the addon to Minimal movement, untick Full Color and make sure it colors the bit your in.
    I havnt had any problems staying in the green bit while hitting the add.
    As for healing the platform. I put down my statue as i land and fistweave while keeping ReM on everyone
    If the tank needs healing a quick soothing/instant EM is usually enough. Roll gets you to the pillar asap for Death Blossom and back again when its done.
    Glyph Zen Meditation and use the death blossom phase to regenerate mana.

Yeah I was doing that at the end (stand in Zen Meditation while Death Blossom is going on), simply because I had a few times where I was running back from behind a pilar and got dread sprayed even if the addon was showing green.

In fact I had several case of death where I was apparently in green and it was a bit annoying, so I assumed I was too close to the boss or too close to the line between 2 zones on the addon.

I did put minimal movement as suggested in this thread, actually I told the raid to do it because many people kept dying before they did. But still not 100% sure on the reliability of the addon. I also noticed when somebody dies, you get hit while in a green zone.

Anyways, it's a learning curve fight, eventually with the haste buff it will probably help a lot.