15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    Really? :O I just checked his IMDb page and it doesn't say anything about his death, are you sure you're not mixing him up with Ian Abercrombie?
    He is referring to Mako - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0538683/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Although, I'd give it to A:TLA just for Iroh. I cry during the prison scene. Every time.
    For me it's Tales of Ba Sing Se, Iroh's story. For goodness sake we didn't even KNOW Iroh's son Lu Ten, only saw 1 picture of him and yet that scene breaks my heart and makes me sob like a little girl when Iroh starts singing the Leaves From the Vine song.

Iroh had more personality and depth in 1 chubby finger than all the characters in LoK combined, fucking hell :S
    Here's to one of the most LEGENDARY "wise old men" that ever existed in fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Okay, so I was thinking about a few things regarding A:TLA and I just don't know if Korra can top it. Yes A:TLA is a finished show with all seasons done but really can the next few Korra seasons actually top everything that Aang did? Now I know back in the day when Book 1 finished it was good but not as good as it is now in retrospect. What are your opinions on how Korra will probably look in the years to come once we see her entire story so to speak?
    The question doesn't even arise about LoK topping A:TLA. First of all there are far too few episodes for the audience to really understand the depth of the characters and connect with them, I believe that is the biggest thing holding it back. A:TLA had so many filler-style adventures but they were 100% crucial for character development and pacing. Meanwhile with LoK pacing got thrown out the window (no seriously, it did) and the characters are only teaspoon deep. The most interesting parts of the show were the flashbacks when it was revealed what happened to the characters that WE grew to love (Aang/Sokka/Toph/etc), the characters that actually mattered - isn't that a bit wrong?
    Not to mention the main character is nowhere near as likeable as Aang. Both characters had their flaws and strengths, their ups and downs, but for some utterly contrived reason I absolutely hate Korra as a character and absolutely adore Aang. For some reason Aang seems to be much more...human. Go figure.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    yeah Mako passed between seasons 2 and 3 there was an episode dedicated to him and the character in Korra was named after him.
    Oh, I didn't even know Iroh was voiced by two different actors.

well he wasn't in season 3 that much, but it was pretty noticeable.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    well he wasn't in season 3 that much, but it was pretty noticeable.
    If you rewatch it and actually look out for it, you'll definitely spot it
    You're right, I just checked a few clips from season 3 and the difference is quite evident. I haven't rewatched that season since the original run, so it probably slipped my mind.

Deleted
    Your avatar is cool and you should feel cool-
    Matthew is one of the best fe7 chars

OT: Yeah he was voiced just a little bit by the other guy in Book Fire 2, I saw it in Dutch for the first time, so there was no diffrence for me rofl.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The question doesn't even arise about LoK topping A:TLA. First of all there are far too few episodes for the audience to really understand the depth of the characters and connect with them, I believe that is the biggest thing holding it back. A:TLA had so many filler-style adventures but they were 100% crucial for character development and pacing. Meanwhile with LoK pacing got thrown out the window (no seriously, it did) and the characters are only teaspoon deep.
    TLA didn't have a whole lot of interesting character development early on either. Most of the really neat stuff didn't happen until the second and third seasons.

Not to mention the main character is nowhere near as likeable as Aang. Both characters had their flaws and strengths, their ups and downs, but for some utterly contrived reason I absolutely hate Korra as a character and absolutely adore Aang. For some reason Aang seems to be much more...human. Go figure.
    Character likability is always going to be a matter of personal opinion*. Personally I think Korra seems more human. Yeah, she's cocky and arrogant, but can you blame her? She's a teenage girl with near godlike powers, who from a very young age was told she was special. I'd be more surprised if she DIDN'T act that way.

*Except for Iroh being awesome. That's proven fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Character likability is always going to be a matter of personal opinion*. Personally I think Korra seems more human. Yeah, she's cocky and arrogant, but can you blame her? She's a teenage girl with near godlike powers, who from a very young age was told she was special. I'd be more surprised if she DIDN'T act that way.
    That's the thing, I don't blame Korra, the personality suits her age and mentality.
    It's just that said personality wasn't likeable for me, because when she repeatedly dug herself into deep shit (due to her own stupidity/arrogance) I never felt any sympathy for her, I could only sit there shaking my head. I didn't feel her emotions, not only were they nothing more than "I'm a teen, watch my hormones rage", but they seemed utterly trivial compared to Aang's troubles and the grand scheme of things. She acted mentally less mature than Aang (not to mention far less wise) and that struck me as odd considering Aang was 12 and she's 17.

And then of course there was that whole ending fiasco, I thought we would finally see some character development when she was standing at the edge of the cliff with only 1 element with her. Then approximately ~5 minutes later we saw 11 episodes' worth of stuff get quickly undone, status quo restored...and all in time for the season to end and the next season to start as if nothing had changed at all.

I don't know who or what to blame exactly...probably the writers, but even that would be a stretch. I just don't feel the same connection with Korra + friends as I did with Aang + friends. I mean just look at Zuko, I could write a BOOK about the guy, we know so much about his life story and all the changes/events he went through.

Don't get me wrong, overall LoK still sits right up there in my top 5 cartoons (which don't include anime, I have a totally different ranking ladder for anime ) below My Little Pony and A:TLA. It's just LoK is in the unfortunate position to be compared to A:TLA, Korra is in the unfortunate position to be compared to Aang.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-02-12 at 10:37 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't feel the same connection with Korra + friends as I did with Aang + friends. I mean just look at Zuko, I could write a BOOK about the guy, we know so much about his life story and all the changes/events he went through.
    You probably didn't have that deep connection and couldn't have written that book after just the first 13 episodes though. Time will tell and all we can do is wait and see what happens over next few seasons.

It's just LoK is in the unfortunate position to be compared to A:TLA, Korra is in the unfortunate position to be compared to Aang.
    Yeah. That's the biggest hurdle LoK has to overcome. Everything it does will inevitable be compared to TLA, and the writers actually made it worse by constantly making references to TLA. The original cast still has such a huge presence in the world that it's harder for the new cast to stand on their own.

I have to wonder if they would have been better off making a series about a previous avatar we know little or nothing about, thereby avoiding all of that. (or making it about an avatar far enough in the future to get that same result)

After waiting so long I really don't want to see Korra anymore. They should of just ended it start up with the next avatar. Earth nation would get the next avatar I believe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I have to wonder if they would have been better off making a series about a previous avatar we know little or nothing about, thereby avoiding all of that. (or making it about an avatar far enough in the future to get that same result)
    I feel this probably would have been a better idea. Seriously, the flashbacks are welcome...but every time I saw them I was thinking "OMG, PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT! SHOW ME MORE, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS FLASHBACK END! TOPH LOOKS EVEN MORE BADASS! OH NO IT'S ENDING, NOOOOOOOOoooo ah crap back to Korra. Grr grr.".

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolin and Pabu are the best characetrs in the legend of korra... Imagine an episode where they get separated like aang and appa did ...it would be heart breaking :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Bolin and Pabu are the best characetrs in the legend of korra... Imagine an episode where they get separated like aang and appa did ...it would be heart breaking :P
    Not even close to the same relationship Aang and Appa had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    This is my heart if Bolin and Pabu were separated:

This is my heart when Aang and Appa (and Momo) were separated:

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Your avatar is cool and you should feel cool-
    Matthew is one of the best fe7 chars

OT: Yeah he was voiced just a little bit by the other guy in Book Fire 2, I saw it in Dutch for the first time, so there was no diffrence for me rofl.
    Legault was a better thief, and Jaffar was a better Assassin. Guy was the best sword user, and all killing edges shoulda gone to him. Matthew was mediocre at best, because he never got enough attack to deal any real damage outside of a crit. All he could do is dodge attacks and open chests.

OT: When does the new Korra season start? It was March/April last year, so will we be seeing some new Korra announcements in the next couple weeks? I'm exciting for some spirit-monster action :P
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    Legault was a better thief, and Jaffar was a better Assassin. Guy was the best sword user, and all killing edges shoulda gone to him. Matthew was mediocre at best, because he never got enough attack to deal any real damage outside of a crit. All he could do is dodge attacks and open chests.
    It's about his personality and coolness, not actual usefulness, duh.
    Jaffar was a troubled teen, Legault was a traiterous ass, Matthew was a cheery good guy who just liked a gal, 'y know?

10+ Year Old Account
    is there an ETA on the next season or w/e after the 12 episodes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    is there an ETA on the next season or w/e after the 12 episodes?
    April, apparently.

So just finished Avatar (again) and been looking for some place to get the whole last season of Legend of Korra. Anyone know? It's not on Netflix which makes me a sad panda.

I saw episode 9 which was pretty awesome seeing Aang, Toph and Sokka as adults but I miss Zuko.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So just finished Avatar (again) and been looking for some place to get the whole last season of Legend of Korra. Anyone know? It's not on Netflix which makes me a sad panda.

I saw episode 9 which was pretty awesome seeing Aang, Toph and Sokka as adults but I miss Zuko.
    Download it from piratebay or kickass torrents.