15+ Year Old Account
    so....has anyone seen the Sharks offense recently?

Got a question about NHL rules, are you allowed to throw the puck out of your own zone into the bench with your hands?
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Got a question about NHL rules, are you allowed to throw the puck out of your own zone into the bench with your hands?
    don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    don't think so.
    Weird, could've sworn Burrows threw it into his own bench from own zone at the end of Wild - Canucks game without getting a penalty.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird, could've sworn Burrows threw it into his own bench from own zone at the end of Wild - Canucks game without getting a penalty.
    i said i don't think so. i could be completely wrong.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way that could be legal if done intentionally. Is there video of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he cleared it from the defensive zone with a mid-air hand swipe that sent it off the glass and into the Canucks' bench - to my mind this would make it the equivalent of a clearing attempt sent into the bench from the defensive zone. I don't believe any delay-of-game rules would apply, but I'm certainly no expert on hand-puck rules, especially with the new ones implemented this season.

The Canucks sure were lucky to hold onto that lead in the third though, after Minnesota finally decided to show up to the game. Luongo came up big again too, no doubt.

I really hope AV has something strong to say to Lapierre concerning his selfish clearing attempt with 40 seconds left too. He had plenty of time to skate the puck out and make a safe play instead of trying for the rink-long empty net shot and getting the icing call. It's those types of thoughtless plays that have historically sunk the Canucks and I hate to see them still happening.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2013-02-13 at 06:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    so stommped i notice your Indiana player in your Avatar. thoughts on the beating UM just recieved at the hands of sparty?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Ryan O'Reilly is officially on the market. Apparently the guys upstairs in Colorado are all about lowballing players and then not negotiating very much when the player declindes. Did it with Anderson, did it with Fleishmann, they're doing it now with O'Reilly too. I'd assume there are tons of teams that would be interested as a young talented centerman is pretty much always an asset. I wonder who will take a run at it, asking price according to the guy on TSN is a roster player and a draft pick/prospect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I guess Ryan O'Reilly is officially on the market. Apparently the guys upstairs in Colorado are all about lowballing players and then not negotiating very much when the player declindes. Did it with Anderson, did it with Fleishmann, they're doing it now with O'Reilly too. I'd assume there are tons of teams that would be interested as a young talented centerman is pretty much always an asset. I wonder who will take a run at it, asking price according to the guy on TSN is a roster player and a draft pick/prospect.
    Yes, one of the richest men in the world and he just throws away talent like its a bad habit... Anderson, Fleishmann, O'Reilly, Vrbata, Elliot... the list goes on and on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Yes, one of the richest men in the world and he just throws away talent like its a bad habit... Anderson, Fleishmann, O'Reilly, Vrbata, Elliot... the list goes on and on.
    Don't forget how incompetent their GM is too. He did give Washington a literally free high 1st round pick in the Varlamov deal rather than just offer sheeting the guy. Colorado is not the organization we all used to know and hate.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 07:15 AM ----------

Dear Ken Holland, please over Filp and Tatar or something for O'Reilly. That is all.

Signed
    Every Detroit Fan

15+ Year Old Account
    Cannot believe my beloved Bruins forced OT to a shootout last night...that was a crazy 3rd period.

Also looking forward to watching Detroit stomp St. Louis tonight.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently realignment is back on the menu - proposed plan http://i.imgur.com/l9rgTkj.jpg

Well Rinne is back apparently. 1-0 win over San Jose where the best action was in the stands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ud6kZICCUYA

Apparently a San Jose fan that was a woman got up and started flipping people off and yelling obscenities. When she was removed and heckled the BF stood up and did the same. Apparently he asked for a fight and some dude from 6 rows up came down and beat his ass. He left in a bloody mess and was taken to the local polics station. Not sure I've really ever seen anything like this at a Preds game lol.

So we are possibly the worst offensive team in history and still number 5 in the conference, go figure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well Rinne is back apparently. 1-0 win over San Jose where the best action was in the stands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ud6kZICCUYA

Apparently a San Jose fan that was a woman got up and started flipping people off and yelling obscenities. When she was removed and heckled the BF stood up and did the same. Apparently he asked for a fight and some dude from 6 rows up came down and beat his ass. He left in a bloody mess and was taken to the local polics station. Not sure I've really ever seen anything like this at a Preds game lol.

So we are possibly the worst offensive team in history and still number 5 in the conference, go figure.
    yeah Nashville needs an offense, you cant keep relying on Pekka Rinne to allow you to win 1-0...

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 04:26 PM ----------

Apparently realignment is back on the menu - proposed plan http://i.imgur.com/l9rgTkj.jpg
    and this still fucks the western teams...go figure. and to a lesser extent the conference that doesnt have pittsburgh in the east...gotta love the NHL, already has his cup and there still trying to do everything they can to help crosby along.

Man that Yellow Division is just awkward. Regionally it would make more sense to pull Tampa and Florida into the Red and move Detroit and Columbus to to the Yellow, but I'm guessing its an eastern thing and well it would basically leave Chicago being the only team anyone cared about nationally in the red lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Man that Yellow Division is just awkward. Regionally it would make more sense to pull Tampa and Florida into the Red and move Detroit and Columbus to to the Yellow, but I'm guessing its an eastern thing and well it would basically leave Chicago being the only team anyone cared about nationally in the red lol.
    no if anything makes sense, its to reallign the blue and yellow a little bit within themselves so they both accumulate these things called travel miles. the blue gets like none of them. the furthest west is pitt, the furthest east is ny, the furthest north is ny, the furthest south is friggen carolina. stop favoring these damn 7 teams and throw the rest of hte league a bone.
    i mean shit, the distance from ny to caronlina is roughly the same detroti goes to nashville, and then they gotta go twice that to winny and dallas.

screw these divisions

yeah Nashville needs an offense, you cant keep relying on Pekka Rinne to allow you to win 1-0...

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 04:26 PM ----------

and this still fucks the western teams...go figure.
    I've decided the West is going to get screwed no matter what.

The thing with this team that just blows my mind is other than Suter, its exactly the same guys we had last year that lead the league in the PP and were top 10 in total scoring. Granted Horquist is out, but Fisher, Kostisyn, Legwand, and Weber are doing zilch. We are still looking for that guy to fit in with Weber to get him the puck without it being buried in his skates 90% of the time.

Oddly enough, our young guys are having really good years ( Ellis, Blum, Wilson, Borque ) but the vets look like they need walkers and moved to a nursing home.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    so stommped i notice your Indiana player in your Avatar. thoughts on the beating UM just recieved at the hands of sparty?
    Not surprised in the least. I always thought Michigan was overrated. Their entire offense is Trey Burke and Hardaway chuking 3s. They were upset in the first round of the tournament last year and wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, especially to a big team since they have virtually no interior presence.

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything. from the Blue and yellow divide it into this
    Tampa
    Ottawa
    Carolina
    New Jersey
    Boston
    New York *2
    and then. for rivalries sake
    Florida
    Pitt
    Philly
    Montreal
    Washington
    Buffalo
    Toronto

at least that somewhat balances the travel miles between THOSE TWO SETS, but still leaves them at a huge advantage to the red and green. and letsn ot even go over that playoff advantage...