Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Glyph of Mind Spike only works from Mind Spikes that aren't instant casts from Surge of Darkness.

This concerns me greatly.
    I tried it on the PTR, it pretty much destroys having instant Mind Blasts now. Only on heavy mouvement fights where we have to kill small mobs as fast as possible, spamming Mind Spike + Mind Blast will give you good old instant MBs... I tried multiple lfrs on the ptr, not ONE instant MB, it's dead Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Insanity seems especcially favourable with the synergy for Divine Insight too - with more Pain ticks and more DI procs and mastery stacking, DI procs would be very very common - so DP uptime would be much higher than in 5.1 - so combined with far fewer DoT reapplications, Insanity uptime would be amazing.
    yupp. I feel like this is going to be the go to thing come 5.2, mastery stacking with crit being devalued so much because of the trinket should make our dps very strong.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

We are sympathetic to the argument that we have been schizophrenic (to use the term incorrectly) in the Shadow PvP 4pc VT dispel bonus. Originally the enemy strategy was to just "get it over with" and dispel VT until the horror went on DR. We changed the way dispels work so that isn't much of a strategy these days, however the dispel is still in the hands of the enemy and not the Shadow priest, which we agree makes the DR extra punitive. We also think we've hit Shadow hard enough in PvP that this nerf isn't required, so we're going to remove the DR from the Horror proc from VT dispels.
    - We haven't forgotten to have Solace provide a heal for Holy. That's still in the cards.
    Holy fucking shit yes, it only took 2 expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Holy fucking shit yes, it only took 2 expansions.
    So blizzard actually realized that the nerfs to shadow pvp would have a great impact on viability and
    therefore cancelled/reverted some nerfs?

Is it only me who is afraid? Since when do they ever understand the consequences of their actions?

Deleted
    What you guys think about the 20% buff to MB? To me it seems like a strange place to buff our DPS, since outside of multidot scenarios it does very little apart from making DI slightly better. Or are they still ignoring PvE and it's just a way to offset the loss of damage in PvP due to no more instant MB's outside of DI?

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    What you guys think about the 20% buff to MB? To me it seems like a strange place to buff our DPS, since outside of multidot scenarios it does very little apart from making DI slightly better. Or are they still ignoring PvE and it's just a way to offset the loss of damage in PvP due to no more instant MB's outside of DI?
    It's a bad decision. Going to make Shadow even stronger in PvP, while probably not even fixing low DPS issues on single target.

Deleted
    I thought they mite of buffed us against melee abit but dosent seem to be any. still got try and get thoose mindblasts off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    So blizzard actually realized that the nerfs to shadow pvp would have a great impact on viability and
    therefore cancelled/reverted some nerfs?

Is it only me who is afraid? Since when do they ever understand the consequences of their actions?
    Great impact on viability? Shadow is the strongest in PvP right now and even with the nerfs I think we will still be strong.

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ssues-part-ii/ Last post. We now know the ICD of all these new trinkets. 0.50 rppm on the 100% crit trinket:

Intellect DPS
    - Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful spell. 45sec ICD.
    - Wushoolay’s Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD.
    - Breath of the Hydra – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from periodic spell. No ICD.
    - Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.
    - Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Great impact on viability? Shadow is the strongest in PvP right now and even with the nerfs I think we will still be strong.
    This is what you do when fighting an spriest.

Train him. If you aren't attacking the spriest in arena you are doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ssues-part-ii/ Last post. We now know the ICD of all these new trinkets. 0.50 rppm on the 100% crit trinket:

Intellect DPS
    - Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful spell. 45sec ICD.
    - Wushoolay’s Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD.
    - Breath of the Hydra – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from periodic spell. No ICD.
    - Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.
    - Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.
    Sweet thanks
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Having this trinket with a base proc of 1 every 2min is kinda harsh for a 4sec duration trinket(affected by haste ofc). It really looks like blizzard only had us in mind for this new trinket. I think the best other trinket will be the Essence, because we would have a SWP always criting, so the crit part will be a none issue.
    I also forgot to link the meta:

Sinister Primal Diamond – 0.84 RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.

This is pretty good, that should average 1 proc per minute with haste. Now we need twintop to do some vodoo TC and show us where we are on the recount:P

Deleted
    This is what you do when fighting an spriest.

Train him. If you aren't attacking the spriest in arena you are doing it wrong.
    Are you implying that we aren't strong right now or what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Having this trinket with a base proc of 1 every 2min is kinda harsh for a 4sec duration trinket(affected by haste ofc). It really looks like blizzard only had us in mind for this new trinket. I think the best other trinket will be the Essence, because we would have a SWP always criting, so the crit part will be a none issue.
    I also forgot to link the meta:

Sinister Primal Diamond – 0.84 RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.

This is pretty good, that should average 1 proc per minute with haste. Now we need twintop to do some vodoo TC and show us where we are on the recount:P
    It would definitely have been nicer if it had a long ICD but a high proc chance - then we would fairly consistently expect it off the pull - we only really need it to work right one time.

I was thinking the other day about all the conditionals these trinkets produce - we almost may need some sort of ShadowGreenLight mod (from back in TBC) - which used to shuffle through all the math for when a DoT was applied and calculate and tell you (by glowing green all of a sudden) if it suddenly became worth reapplying your DoTs. Back in TBC this was super useful because we had Shadow weaving and lock debuffs and such all working before we should apply it at the start of a fight - and then we had procs mid-fight that could make it worthwhile to re-apply.

Originally I was thinking the way to handle it all was to have a weakaura for the 100% crit proc, and a weakaura for the mini bloodlust. But that would ignore massive spellpower spikes - which would be nice to re-apply during if the crit proc and/or bloodlust proc is up. Looking at it now though - the spellpower isn't actually that relevant to the damage here - the damage isn't Pain itself. Since the goal is to remove Pain(and VT) recasts from our priorities (100% crit + mastery stacking), and ideally to also get 30% haste on them permanently throughout the fight (for more DI procs, thus DP's, thus Insanity uptime) - how much Pain is ticking for doesn't actually matter. I guess we can still do it through weakauras - since it's only the two relevant procs
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got healing trinket regen numbers? ICD numbers are up.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6?page=79#1561

Just wondering if any current trinkets outweigh any of the normal modes, will effect the amount of valor spent prior to 5.2

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Are you implying that we aren't strong right now or what?
    I'm implying we lack anything to successfully get away. Which is why frost/shadow is soo strong because of frost peeling, a long with rogue shadow.

But the nerf to tendrils and psyfiend half the time not even worth using because of DR (and the fact that it never seems to work) plus mind control being useless, plus phantasm being nerfed. We depend on others for any kind of peel.

Any team with a brain goes straight for the spriest - a target focus spriest is a sitting duck and can't get out our "great" damage which we only have for our lack of peeling.

As far as Unerring Vision of Lei Shen goes, the value of the trinket is completely dependent on whether Shadow Apparitions cause the dot to update with stats when they extend the duration. If they do update with extensions, then it's actually worse for shadow than for any other dot user since we'll only benefit from it for a few seconds until a Shadow App causes it to refresh without the 100% crit rate. If they don't update dynamically, then expect to see shadow first in line to receive the trinket since it will be right around a 30% dps increase.

If they don't update dynamically
    only extend duration

Hey guys:https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler

They only really lost mana drain (good riddance). Was there something else?
    Disc priest lost mana drain. Remember when disc priest had mana drain? Cause I don't.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys:https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler

Disc priest lost mana drain. Remember when disc priest had mana drain? Cause I don't.....
    Obviously referring to mana burn. No need to impale him for what is clearly a mistake.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-02-14 at 04:41 AM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15