Quote Originally Posted by Flowe View Post
    is prot paladin a good choice for tanking sha 25hc?
    Yes, very good.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    good to know thx

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    The thing is, if your MT is your prot paladin, they won't be doing purities. The loss of a GCD, and the loss of unbreakable spirit is too much. They need those DPs to survive thrash, and if they lose a GCD to purity, they may not be able to even get a SoTR up for every one without sitting on HP forever.
    depends entirely on the situation, but yeah.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    New PTR build made SoJ fully functionnal and it increases TV damage by 25% WDmg* (*edit fix, thanks Mamoru) per stack, 5stacks maximum, not consumed by TVs, 20sec duration. Would Switching to SoJ for CDs be a viable option ?

Besides, concerning T14 and T15, are double 2P bonuses a gain, or the loss of the reduced AW CD is too much ?
    For instance : I have head and chest LFR 0/2, Legs normal 0/2, Hands heroic 2/2. Is there a way where double 2P would be an upgrade (switching 2 LFR pieces for normal 2PT15) ?

- Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
    - Primordius’ Talisman of Rage – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Spark of Zandalar - 5.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Gaze of the Twins – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful abilities and spells, periodic spell, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

Can someone explain these RealPPM for more or translate it per trinket.
    The VP trinket looks pretty shit with 75 ICD i think... maybe if it lasted 20 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    - Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
    - Primordius’ Talisman of Rage – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Spark of Zandalar - 5.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Gaze of the Twins – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful abilities and spells, periodic spell, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

Can someone explain these RealPPM for more or translate it per trinket.
    It's difficult to tell off-hand but napkin math with 24% haste (translates to 29% spell haste, which is what it would be based off of):
    Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 12% to proc
    Primordius' Talisman of Rage - 64.5% chance at the beginning of the fight. At 3 seconds since proc'd it'd be a 19.35% chance to proc. At 6 seconds it'd be a 38.7% chance to proc. At 9 seconds it would be a 55.8% chance to proc.
    Spark of Zandalark - 100% chance to get a charge at the beginning of the fight, same at 10 seconds since last proc. At 3.33 seconds it'd be 35.8% chance to proc. At 6.66 seconds it'd be 71.6% chance to proc.
    Gaze of the Twins - too lazy to do this one and it probably sucks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The VP trinket looks pretty shit with 75 ICD i think... maybe if it lasted 20 seconds?
    Well it does give a significant amount of strength.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-02-13 at 11:22 PM.

I think our VP is better spent on upgrades considering how much expertise we have already.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I think our VP is better spent on upgrades considering how much expertise we have already.
    Better off just buying the rep ring/necklace.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Better off just buying the rep ring/necklace.
    + Cloak haste/mast

Seal of Justice info that I know of so far... it stacks off every melee attack including the following: Judgment, white swings, Crusader Strike and even Templar's Verdict. It consumes the charges when you Templar's Verdict but it gives you one for that Templar's Verdict right after. Not sure if dodged/parried counts yet, I'm in the middle of a raid atm.

Best way is to prolly save 1500valor (+1000 first week for ring-neck (since both are garbage this tier while cloak is somewhat decent) and heavily invest into upgrades (if any) that ya will keep through the majority of the progress. Thats for those who have everything on farm + full bis and are focused in gaining as much as possible in the shortest amount of time (true progress raiders).
    But ye as expected haste and crit passive trinkets should beat the rest.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-02-14 at 02:54 AM.

I wonder if Capacitate is able to proc trinkets, steel, more capacitate charges.

The meta, and the trinket options should make haste the best stat more then ever. I guess 4 pce helps that too.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:40 PM ----------

GC pretty much said Feather of Ji-Kun has no ICD and can proc anytime after the normal proc would end. If keeping Primodius stacked is unrelistic we may be far better off using feather.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-14 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Stat weights for ret

I ran myself through simcraft and got the following results.

What is the best value of haste to have?
    I was under the impression that there was no haste cap.
    armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Usted/simple
    Haste: 10422
    STR: 14838
    hit and exp are slightly over cap simply because my gear has a lot of hit/exp

At this point should it be obvious that I should drop some haste gems for STR gems?

edit: As a side note I have normal mode tier legs in my bags, and I have the normal mode chest piece from spirit kings.
    Last edited by Bombercloner; 2013-02-14 at 09:54 PM.

@ Bombercloner ya need higher dmg range weapons to outscale the gear you're wearing in terms of haste value and it looks like str is the way to go for ya atm. And how many itterations did ya run btw?

Currently my guild is 15/16hm and getting close to killing sha (8% wipes). Would it be worthwhile getting sha axe and upgrading and using it for all of normal 5.2 content due to the 500str + 320 haste, or does the lower weap dmg make 522ilvl weaps come out on top?

Here's a link to my Armory! Licmyseal on Thaurissan
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-02-15 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Fixed for link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    @ Bombercloner ya need higher dmg range weapons to outscale the gear you're wearing in terms of haste value and it looks like str is the way to go for ya atm. And how many itterations did ya run btw?
    I ran it with 50,000 iterations. (it took like half an hour, lol) So what does that mean? Do I need to drop haste for more strength? and appx how much haste should I drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Licmyseal View Post
    Currently my guild is 15/16hm and getting close to killing sha (8% wipes). Would it be worthwhile getting sha axe and upgrading and using it for all of normal 5.2 content due to the 500str + 320 haste, or does the lower weap dmg make 522ilvl weaps come out on top?

Here's a link to my Armory! Licmyseal on Thaurissan
    To any future posts like this I'll be short and blunt.

Retribution loves weapon damage. Weapon jumps are 1500-6000 Wpn damage between upgrades now.

Ilvl ALWAYS wins.

Ilvl of weapons will be worth even more after obtaining the new 4 set coming soon.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-15 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    I ran it with 50,000 iterations. (it took like half an hour, lol) So what does that mean? Do I need to drop haste for more strength? and appx how much haste should I drop?
    Ye, I ran you aswell and got same results. Just try equipping shatterH if ya get one before the trade option times out and relog with it and try to re-sim. For me every upgrade I get just further increases the value of haste.

simmed myself reforged H > M > C - the stat weights showed H>C>M
    reforged to H>C>M - the stat weights showed H>M>C

guess that mastery and crit are extremely close with the gear set I have.