Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Another question guys...why on earth ppl selling toons with +20 mill or even +70 mill SP in character bazaar? why? these toons can be ready almost doing anything in game ? why throw them? ISK for selling them..these toons can make income more than that in couple of months so why they are selling them?
    Some people have multiple accounts and don't need all the toons they have. The 20-25b from a 70 mill SP character could come nice. And you don't need a 70 mill SP character to make 25 bill in a couple of months.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-10 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    If you compare the activities directly you are correct ie mining in null vs mining in high (so long as you're part of an op) / ratting in null vs ratting in high etc but those are the two most boring things you could do. Exploration is a different story but you got the risk of getting blobbed plus you need high SP for it. Even then FW, level four missions and Incursions bring comparable ISK per hour.
    Im sorry earning isk is borring but being able to afford anything you want isnt. I can afford pretty much anything outside of a titan and alliance tourney ships right now if i wanted to. If everything in the game is borring go leave and play world of casual craft. And no you dont have anymore of a risk of getting blobbed runing profession sites and you dont need high SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im sorry earning isk is borring but being able to afford anything you want isnt. I can afford pretty much anything outside of a titan and alliance tourney ships right now if i wanted to. If everything in the game is borring go leave and play world of casual craft. And no you dont have anymore of a risk of getting blobbed runing profession sites and you dont need high SP.
    I quit WoW a few months ago and started playing EVE again. I have tons of fun in it which is why I have several accounts, I try to do everything from manufacturing to exploration and even some PvP. There are a lot of things that need to be worked on, null is one of them. If your happy with it there now then grats but there are thousands who aren't. The SOV system for instance discourages actual wars, the major powers that were once enemies are now in coalitions with each holding valuable tech moons. Sure they still have skirmishes they allow but it's just for funsies. None of them want to give up what they own so they are content. Not to mention even if you lose an entire fleet of Titans and Supercarriers the corp wallets shrug it off and replace it within a week.

You gotta understand the majority of players are in highsec so it seems they get more content, it'd be nice if CCP focused on getting them down there but for a lot of people it's simply not worth it. I hung onto my WoW account for four years because I was attached to it, not because I enjoyed it, seems a lot of EVE players feel the same way.

Oh and you WILL get blobbed doing exploration sites in null (there is a reason why almost every single guide says to love your d-scanner).
    And I didn't mean high SP, I guess a focused 15m pilot could do a 10/10 with minimal wasted skills. Probably less with certain ships.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Another question guys...why on earth ppl selling toons with +20 mill or even +70 mill SP in character bazaar? why? these toons can be ready almost doing anything in game ? why throw them? ISK for selling them..these toons can make income more than that in couple of months so why they are selling them?
    It's also a business.

You can make a decent Tengu pilot with around 12m SP (they're always in demand) and sell for around 6-7 billion ISK.

With good planning with attribute remaps to keep maximum SP / hour (2610 with +4 implants) you can get this in about 6 months.

With buddy trials you start with 21 days and if you refer off the Tengu account that's a bonus 30 days so so far one and three quarters free so you only have to pay for five months which can be done with two and a half billion ISK. That will net ya 3.5 - 4.5b profit.

Edit: I see you mean higher SP toons, some people have multiple accounts and want to scale down or they trade toons quite a bit trying different things. Believe it or not a 70m SP toon is nowhere near able to do everything :P If you started day one and trained at maximum speed until this day you still wouldn't of maxxed out all skills. That's why I like a few so I can focus them in their own direction.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-10 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: I see you mean higher SP toons, some people have multiple accounts and want to scale down or they trade toons quite a bit trying different things. Believe it or not a 70m SP toon is nowhere near able to do everything :P If you started day one and trained at maximum speed until this day you still wouldn't of maxxed out all skills. That's why I like a few so I can focus them in their own direction.
    Its like 50 years to max skills, the game is just now hitting its first 10 lol

Deleted
    I quit WoW a few months ago and started playing EVE again. I have tons of fun in it which is why I have several accounts, I try to do everything from manufacturing to exploration and even some PvP. There are a lot of things that need to be worked on, null is one of them. If your happy with it there now then grats but there are thousands who aren't. The SOV system for instance discourages actual wars, the major powers that were once enemies are now in coalitions with each holding valuable tech moons. Sure they still have skirmishes they allow but it's just for funsies. None of them want to give up what they own so they are content. Not to mention even if you lose an entire fleet of Titans and Supercarriers the corp wallets shrug it off and replace it within a week.

You gotta understand the majority of players are in highsec so it seems they get more content, it'd be nice if CCP focused on getting them down there but for a lot of people it's simply not worth it. I hung onto my WoW account for four years because I was attached to it, not because I enjoyed it, seems a lot of EVE players feel the same way.

Oh and you WILL get blobbed doing exploration sites in null (there is a reason why almost every single guide says to love your d-scanner).
    And I didn't mean high SP, I guess a focused 15m pilot could do a 10/10 with minimal wasted skills. Probably less with certain ships.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 08:00 PM ----------

It's also a business.

You can make a decent Tengu pilot with around 12m SP (they're always in demand) and sell for around 6-7 billion ISK.

With good planning with attribute remaps to keep maximum SP / hour (2610 with +4 implants) you can get this in about 6 months.

With buddy trials you start with 21 days and if you refer off the Tengu account that's a bonus 30 days so so far one and three quarters free so you only have to pay for five months which can be done with two and a half billion ISK. That will net ya 3.5 - 4.5b profit.

Sov grinding has always been awful, and it's been like it is now for years (correct me if I'm wrong), but coalitions are a more recent fad. The Alliance/Coalition leaders are just making excuses.

Also it's a lot less profit than you're stating for making tengu pilots, you're looking at ~4b for 5 months worth of PLEX, 2x PLEX for transfer and implants. Then you have to actually sell it for that price, there's a lot of competition. You also have to hope that in 6 months when your character is ready Tengu pilots are still worth that much. It's a lot of investment for only 50% profit after six months.

10+ Year Old Account
    do i have any change getting into incursions isk farming with over 6mil sp char ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    do i have any change getting into incursions isk farming with over 6mil sp char ?
    Not really sure what your asking, but 6million SP wont mean much in incursions if they are all in Industrial skills and ships.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    Sov grinding has always been awful, and it's been like it is now for years (correct me if I'm wrong), but coalitions are a more recent fad. The Alliance/Coalition leaders are just making excuses.

Also it's a lot less profit than you're stating for making tengu pilots, you're looking at ~4b for 5 months worth of PLEX, 2x PLEX for transfer and implants. Then you have to actually sell it for that price, there's a lot of competition. You also have to hope that in 6 months when your character is ready Tengu pilots are still worth that much. It's a lot of investment for only 50% profit after six months.
    I have been stalking Character Bazaar, my information is accurate. If you WTS Tengu pilot expect a reply ASAP. Oh and I lost a bid on a 12m SP Tengu pilot, winning bid over 7b. So long as it's a super focused character, it will sell for that much.

When I sell my toons I usually pay the $20 fee also which is equal to ONE plex. Implants are 100m max. No need for charisma implant.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 06:58 AM ----------

General requirements are being able to fly a battleship (such as the king of the month Machariel), with tech 2 fittings and great support skills. I doubt at 6m you have those skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to create an alt account but i want to have same video, audio and generals settings, also same windows size and shit. is there any way i can copy configuration from one acc to another ? thats possible in WoW to copy all hotkeys and stuff.

i want to create an alt account but i want to have same video, audio and generals settings, also same windows size and shit. is there any way i can copy configuration from one acc to another ? thats possible in WoW to copy all hotkeys and stuff.
    No idea, I have four accounts at the moment but because I do different things with them each UI is different. With video / audio settings it should be the same for all accounts.

On another topic I started using Red Frog Freight since some of my manufacturing jobs require a huge amount of cargo...best thing since sliced bread! Within a couple months I should have the skills to fly a freighter myself but until then this is a boon to my endeavors!
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-13 at 11:44 PM.

Within a couple months I should have the skills to fly a freighter myself but until then this is a boon to my endeavors!
    It takes like 20 days or so. And it saves you a huge amount of ISK in a long run.
    Not that Red Frog is expensive, but it's... slow. I can't afford to wait 1 or 2 or 3 days to get my stuff transported. I can't have billions of ISK locked in a station somewhere for days because the frogs are too busy to pick it up.
    Nothing personal against them, they are as fast as a courier contracts can go, but it's just not fast enough.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-14 at 12:31 AM.

Agreed. ___ Frog Freight is really nice. I forget which one it was, but their expedited service was pretty damn impressive. Just keep in mind there's more than just Red.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It takes like 20 days or so. And it saves you a huge amount of ISK in a long run.
    Not that Red Frog is expensive, but it's... slow. I can't afford to wait 1 or 2 or 3 days to get my stuff transported. I can't have billions of ISK locked in a station somewhere for days because the frogs are too busy to pick it up.
    Nothing personal against them, they are as fast as a courier contracts can go, but it's just not fast enough.
    20 days for me at the moment but I have more important skills to train before I can start on freight. For me they have usually accepted my contracts within the hour and delivered it around another hour after. Plus even if it did take a couple days I have all manufacturing slots busy so it can take a couple days before I can use them. Perfect for someone for me but definitely not if you need to move stuff ASAP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Agreed. ___ Frog Freight is really nice. I forget which one it was, but their expedited service was pretty damn impressive. Just keep in mind there's more than just Red.
    Red, black and blue!

20 days for me at the moment but I have more important skills to train before I can start on freight. For me they have usually accepted my contracts within the hour and delivered it around another hour after. Plus even if it did take a couple days I have all manufacturing slots busy so it can take a couple days before I can use them. Perfect for someone for me but definitely not if you need to move stuff ASAP
    Another problem is that it's limited to 1b collateral, so for larger collateral you have to setup multiple contracts or use Blue Frog, which is both more expensive and slower.
    Again, they are probably the best courier service, it's just that it's always better to have your own freighter.
    By the way, there is a skill change coming with the summer expansion: the freighter's main skill will be Advanced Spaceship Command on 5, and the racial industrial will be secondary and it will be required only on level 3. But if you train it now you will still have it when the change hits.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-14 at 02:06 AM.

Well I'm gonna be busy for a while lol....

Just bought 76 BPC of five run battlecruisers. If I had 23.6b upfront I could have it done in just over 8 days with all my manufacturing slots running...but I don't hehehe.

I never understood why some tycoons went to the forums for start up money but now I do, as an Industrialist you have very little liquid ISK, everything is tied up in assets and running costs. I started my Indy toon with 5b ISK to cover everything, now she is down to 1b with 7b floating in various things. Sure I could get 8b in ISK but then I'd have to stop everything and spend a rather lengthy time consolidating everything meanwhile profits would stop completely.

But god this is fun! If all runs fine and prices don't fluctuate for the worse I am looking at pocketing 2.5 - 3b, or worst case I go belly up and I start again lol.

And yes...I am spending as much time if not more in spreadhseets, a couple programs and websites. Simply what it takes to be successful in this game (on the industrial side).
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-15 at 02:15 PM.

I have always loved the industrial side of the game. So much thinking and planning involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I have always loved the industrial side of the game. So much thinking and planning involved.
    If I ever apply for an accounting job or production efficiency role, I swear EVE Online is going in my job experience, or the very least relevant skills section :P

How long does it take to train the skills for the industrial side of the game ?
    I prefer trading but the competition in my preferred region and station has increased significantly, and I've made only 500m for the past week, compared to the average 1-1.5b/week a month ago, and I had to actually work hard for these 500m...
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-16 at 06:04 AM.

Basic manufacturing would need the following:

Industry V
    Production Efficiency V
    Mass Production V
    Advanced Mass Production IV (this'll get you 10 manufacturing slots)
    Supply Chain Management at around III

That's for basic T1 stuff, which is what I am doing at the moment, plenty of profit if you do your homework which I assume you do if you trade a lot. I also assume you have decent Trade skills such as Accounting and Broker Relation's along with the skills for however many buy / sell orders you may need. Depending on how much capital you have it might be worth it to work of BPCs since most T1 BPOs need a bit of research to be worthwhile and they can be expensive to buy.

After I finish my trading / freighter skills I'll be working on science for operating my own POS for research / copying / invention.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-16 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im currently in minmatar militia.
    -where can i exhcange loyality points ?
    -what can i buy for them ? i heard battleships even
    -where can i sell them without contracting and hauling them to jita ? (i dont rly know how to do this yet so i rather sell it by myself somewhere close)