Had a break for 1.5 year

So i have had a long break and last time i played was november 2011, i had a lvl 85 paladin.

Im considering going back starting fresh undead mage perhaps, has the lvling system changed? is it faster to lvl up now? any big changes since 2011/early 2012?

Primary MoP changes: New talents system, no more visiting cities to learn spells, reduced level and price to mount (not sure if this was included in Cataclysm).

If you never leveled in Cataclysm, leveling zones has been revamped to be more enjoyable and straightforward.

A lot of the classes that were difficult to level are now more fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fresh undead mage... what an oxymoron lol. Anywho, if you have heirlooms leveling is a breeze to 85, and 85 to 90 will only take a few days if you go at a normal pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion, dont re-sub. Game is not the same and pvp is out of control. Save your money!

Quote Originally Posted by Davrun View Post
    So i have had a long break and last time i played was november 2011, i had a lvl 85 paladin.

Im considering going back starting fresh undead mage perhaps, has the lvling system changed? is it faster to lvl up now? any big changes since 2011/early 2012?
    Leveling still blows pretty hard, especially the 70-85 range. If you enjoy pvp please dont come back. Balance is more of a joke than it ever has. Fortunately if you play a mage you'll be in decent shape. Raid finder is derpy as ever. New dinosaur raid looks neat but I expect the thrill will fade once I've derped my way through lfr a few times.

If you love dailies you're in luck. You will drown in them. Also pokemon is kinda fun til you get your minipets to 25 and you're all like jesus fucking christ I really just did that /wrists.

All in all its kind of stale right now but I play because I've already dumped so much of my soul into my priest.

Hope this helps, sorry for sounding so depressed but the game is in a pretty depressing state.

Keep in mind WoW is currently super cheap, might be worth to recruit yourself (or someone else) for the extra experience gains .
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Even though leveling and gearing up in MoP is much less enjoyable comparing to Cata/WotLK/TBC it is still quite an experience and worth trying.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Primary MoP changes: New talents system, no more visiting cities to learn spells, reduced level and price to mount (not sure if this was included in Cataclysm).

If you never leveled in Cataclysm, leveling zones has been revamped to be more enjoyable and straightforward.

A lot of the classes that were difficult to level are now more fair.
    All that is true, also there is pet battle you can do while leveling to do something new, its really fun even and you dont need alot of time invested in it to love it
    The new talent system is stronger and the fact you dont need to come back in cities to learn your skill make the leveling smoother

10+ Year Old Account
    Nov. 2011 means you missed LFR and transmogging and the whole of DS. Plenty of new features to entice you then, if you count those + everything new in Mists.

I had a long break at one point too, and I rerolled when I came back as well, never made a better move. If you've not done the Cata revamp leveling zones I can highly encourage you to do the Forsaken path through Silverpine and Hillsbrad, VERY fun leveling there. But if you're going to reroll, go Warlock, we've just had a complete class revamp and are strong in PvE. And Forsaken Warlock is just a very good choice IMO if you're going to reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Leveling still blows pretty hard, especially the 70-85 range.
    70-85 goes ridiculously fast now that they've cut the experience required so much.

i had break as well and after getting my shaman 90 it was all about retard ammount of dailys and shit pvp with warrior facerolling everything(sure they are getting nerfed, but the nerfing always take so long there is no point playing when it takes this long for blizzard to react).

Blizzard said LFR should be harder now(if i remember right), but it's still the same ppl afking just like in cata, after 2 full runs in LFR i didn't even want to go back there... if i could go back time i would not buy MoP

Quote Originally Posted by deadjack View Post
    All that is true, also there is pet battle you can do while leveling to do something new, its really fun even and you dont need alot of time invested in it to love it
    The new talent system is stronger and the fact you dont need to come back in cities to learn your skill make the leveling smoother
    Yea, auto-skillin' definitely helps. I've left the leveling route maybe a total of 5-10 times to get glyphs, riding and something while leveling a monk.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCronCronz View Post
    My opinion, dont re-sub. Game is not the same and pvp is out of control. Save your money!
    Perhaps he quit because he didn't like the course in cata, and therefore it is a gool thing some aspects changed.

Back to OT:
    Was there any reason you quit (e.g. raiding sucked, heroics, etc)?