Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Don't understand why people want Naga.

I don't seem to understand why people want naga as a playable race. Ignore the fact that they would be a nightmare for armor/mounts. But i'm pretty sure that they are all evil and have a pact with an old god. Plus them joining forces with anybody other than themselves doesn't make much sense. Customization wouldn't be too good either I could imagine.
    Last edited by Goremonger; 2013-02-14 at 12:41 AM.

Don't think people put much thought into it. They just go "Amg, I wanna be a fish peoples" and ask for it lol. Their starting zone would be cool though :O

Actually I believe a fair compromise would be give the alliance Jinyou they wouldn't be that hard to fit armor on and to fit on mounts. All they would need to do is further change them up a bit because I see there being complaints about them having the male night elf model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga seemed alright when they were helping the Blood Elves not die by Garithos' racist commands.

Deleted
    Deathknights had a pact with LK and look how that turned out.

Anyway I think the Jinyu are being groomed for the whole 'i wanna be a fish people' crowd, you'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Naga seemed alright when they were helping the Blood Elves not die by Garithos' racist commands.
    If I can recall that was for self benefit like help Illidan something like that. Actually I think Illidan was controlling that particular group naga if I remember that cinematic correctly.

I don't understand why people want Pandas to be a playable race. Ignore the fact that they are tubby and comical and unsuited to the more serious fantasy design of the other races (bar gnomes). But i'm pretty sure they were only put in as a joke in the first place. Plus them joining forces with Alliance or Horde doesn't make much sense since they are neutral. Customization wouldn't be too good either I could imagine.

c wut I did ther?

It's perfectly simple to come up with a way for "evil" races to be good, just look at the Forsaken. I mean, the lore is no less ridiculous than the Draenei amg my spaceship crashed lore or the Worgen "here is a magic staff" lore. Just say a bunch of Naga broke away from the lure of n'zoth and Azshara and had to take refuge with the horde to stop the other tribes from annihilating them.

As for armor and mounts, armor is fine, pants are fine, boots can just be circular band like on troll feet so thats fine. Tails can just loop side to side so they can mount perfectly fine. Customization would be exactly the same as any other race so that's not even a point.

Next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the fact that they are so different and exotic is why people would want to play one.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    I don't seem to understand why people want naga as a playable race.

And I don't understand why some people are incapable of realizing that others may not think the same way they do. What you want doesn't reflect what other people want, and they're no less right for wanting Nagas than you are for not.

Deleted
    Cant fit pants to naga, so not possible for blizzard to introduce them as playable race.

I don't seem to understand why people want naga as a playable race. Ignore the fact that they would be a nightmare for armor/mounts. But i'm pretty sure that they are all evil and have a pack with an old god.
    I'm sure Blizzard could give them custom mounts or find a way to program around it if they really wanted to.

Also, they had a pack of what with an old god? A pack of cigarettes? Those must've been chock full of nicotine. ::rimshot::

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Cant fit pants to naga, so not possible for blizzard to introduce them as playable race.
    Because changing the two holes in the bottom of the pants into one is impossible right?

That would be like altering the design of the pants so it fits races as large as Tauren, as small as Goblin and as slim as Blood Elf all within the same item!

Now imagine if they had to program undead clothing models to show gaps and stuff so there bones could stick out... Woah! Definitely impossible.

I don't know about you but I think the Visions of the Past quest line in Vash'jir was awesome.

I thought you meant the naga mouse! But yea I wouldn't want the Naga as a playable race at all, it just feels wrong .
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    I like naga. The whole matriarchal society of accursed serpentine outcasts angle is a cool premise to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its like Pandaren everyone wants it to be a playable race than they complain it doesn't work when it actually becomes one !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I for one like them because of their lore and looks . They are highly intelligent,have unique architecture and lifestyle.Given their intelligence there should be individuals that realize how bad their Queen and Old gods are. You can manipulate stupid ogres or mindless creatures like faceless ones,but Naga are a lot more than that.You can even see some rare neutral naga,and speaking with them you can notice how perfect their language and expression is.Trolls have been around for even longer than the Naga and still have problems with common language...
    Also their unique model will bring a whole new perspective into the playable races.Right now most of them (Alliance mainly ) look so human like that when wearing armor you have hard time saying what race is that char ,especially from big distance.
    We play in an imaginary world,fighting dragons and all kind of monsters,why should we limit ourselves with the playable races and play only Human looking races.
    Naga are humanoid too just different model,not fish ppl like some players say.
    And I believe that if they need a lot of work to be made playable at least at the end we will get something really remarkable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga would ride mounts side saddle since thet have no legs

I don't seem to understand why people want naga as a playable race. Ignore the fact that they would be a nightmare for armor/mounts.

But i'm pretty sure that they are all evil and have a pack with an old god.

Plus them joining forces with anybody other than themselves doesn't make much sense.

Customization wouldn't be too good either I could imagine.

1. They actually equip chest and shoulder armor pretty well as is. As we've seen with Trolls and draenei feet armor turning to anklets works pretty well, so that leaves legs and that can work as more 'rings' or kilts or whatever. Plus let's be honest, judging by worgen and pretty much every Horde race Helms have never been a big deal for Blizz. Also, riding sidesaddle is pretty easy for naga.

2. Some worship neptulon. There was a 'heretic' in Outland, with Ahune defeated they might need to shack up with someone else.

3. They worked with Belves easily enough.

4. That's what people said about worgen and goblins up until they happened :\ face tendrils, scales, frills, scale color, etc... all of it's changeable.

While I agree it'd be more than a stretch to make them playable and Blizz is more likely to make them bipedal or make a different race of bipedal reptiles playable, they're not implausible or a 'dumb' idea.
    Twas brillig

Just for a change.