Deleted

Help upgrade my barbarian

Holla!
    Need some help with gear on my barb: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/...5/hero/4435166

Dont care about my skills, thats just what i used while getting boosted to 60.

15+ Year Old Account
    speaking for HOTA terms:
    -You need a MH mace, something prefferably over 1k dps with crit hit dmg of ~60% and a socket. no increased attack speed, you want 1.2 attack speed
    -if you dont have that kinda gold, 1100dps+ with 80-90% crit hit dmg
    -make sure either weapon you pick is black damage, no elemental damage
    -get a belt with 2.8%+ lifesteal. IK belt is good for this and pretty cheap
    -you should not be running a %exp gem in your helmet. you don't have the health for that. run a %life gem
    -you might like inna's pants, but sell them for ~230 vit / 70 all-res / 2 sockets / as much strength as you can afford. pants (especially for you) need to have vit on them
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

May wanna learn how to play the class and go from there, everyone plays a different style.

Your current gear is fine up to like mp7. Ubers would be tough with their enrage on higher mp lvls, 2h builds seem to excel there.

Get some gems first, 46's are fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    speaking for HOTA terms:
    -You need a MH mace, something prefferably over 1k dps with crit hit dmg of ~60% and a socket. no increased attack speed, you want 1.2 attack speed
    -if you dont have that kinda gold, 1100dps+ with 80-90% crit hit dmg
    -make sure either weapon you pick is black damage, no elemental damage
    -get a belt with 2.8%+ lifesteal. IK belt is good for this and pretty cheap
    -you should not be running a %exp gem in your helmet. you don't have the health for that. run a %life gem
    -you might like inna's pants, but sell them for ~230 vit / 70 all-res / 2 sockets / as much strength as you can afford. pants (especially for you) need to have vit on them
    My main problem atm is my lifesteal, other than that i can stay alive pretty nicely.
    If i change out my inna's i wont be movementspeed capped ;<

You mean a 2hander? isnt it better to use 2x 1 handers?

If you're looking for more lifesteal then the Immortal King's belt would probably be your best bet. They're dirt cheap and offer a ton of survivability. You'll lose out on a bunch of DPS from Witching Hour but you'll gain a lot of resists and an extra 2.8-3% life steal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    If you're looking for more lifesteal then the Immortal King's belt would probably be your best bet. They're dirt cheap and offer a ton of survivability. You'll lose out on a bunch of DPS from Witching Hour but you'll gain a lot of resists and an extra 2.8-3% life steal.
    Good thing one dropped last night for me then :>
    And Skorn is probably also the way to go i would guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    My main problem atm is my lifesteal, other than that i can stay alive pretty nicely.
    If i change out my inna's i wont be movementspeed capped ;<

You mean a 2hander? isnt it better to use 2x 1 handers?
    I think he's referring to a main-hand mace, to gain 10% crit from Weapon Master. I don't really know anything about barbarians though, or why you want to stay with a slow weapon, but that's my guess. Meaning, no Echoing Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Good thing one dropped last night for me then :>
    And Skorn is probably also the way to go i would guess?
    Skorn works if your gear is loaded with increased attack speed. Otherwise the slow speed can quickly get you killed. It's dual wielding that gives you large bonuses to your attack speed (I think it's 15% bonus attack speed for dual wielding?). Having a slow main hand means that your tornado damage has the maximum amount of damage since attack speeds are added into the DPS calculation on weapons. Maces and axes are preferred for whirlwind barb main hands since the Weapon Master passive will give them +10% crit chance which is huge. Off-hand weapons can generally be anything with high crit damage, socket and life steal. The best offhand would probably be a dagger with high str, 95+% crit damage and 2.8+ life steal. Daggers are best because they're the fastest weapon and how often your tornado ticks I believe are based on how fast your offhand is.

Echoing Fury is arguably the best 1 hander in the game for most classes. Same goes for a barbarian since it can have crit damage and socket while maintaining 1300+ DPS as well as other stuff. The biggest downside to an Echoing Fury is that cc/socket/str Echoing Fury goes into the hundreds of millions or billions as well as the extremely annoying fear proc. (Nothing annoys me more than an enemy running around while I'm trying to kill it in an ARPG.)

Deleted
    change oculus ring

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking for HOTA only again:

You want a main hand mace because of the 1.2 attack speed. this gives you the highest damage range (which is what will make you hit hard) and the echoing fury offhand (which you should put at least an 80% crit gem in) will give you the extra attacks per second, which are also huge.

The IK belt is a good upgrade and will get you that 2.8+% lifesteal that you need. If you can, get a +15 fury belt only, as that'll give you an extra 3% crit on HOTA. anything less than 15 isn't worth it IMO because it's so easy to find +15 belts

I run with bash-instigate, HOTA-smash, WOTB-thrive on chaos, sprint-marathon, battle rage-into the fray, overpower-killing spree with my skills as Weapons Master, Bloodthirst, Ruthless

Unless you're farming, movespeed is relatively useless. I only have 1 movespeed piece on my HOTA gear and I'd be fine even without it. HOTA doesn't involve moving a lot, and if you need to move, you have sprint
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Speaking for HOTA only again:

You want a main hand mace because of the 1.2 attack speed. this gives you the highest damage range (which is what will make you hit hard) and the echoing fury offhand (which you should put at least an 80% crit gem in) will give you the extra attacks per second, which are also huge.

The IK belt is a good upgrade and will get you that 2.8+% lifesteal that you need. If you can, get a +15 fury belt only, as that'll give you an extra 3% crit on HOTA. anything less than 15 isn't worth it IMO because it's so easy to find +15 belts

I run with bash-instigate, HOTA-smash, WOTB-thrive on chaos, sprint-marathon, battle rage-into the fray, overpower-killing spree with my skills as Weapons Master, Bloodthirst, Ruthless

Unless you're farming, movespeed is relatively useless. I only have 1 movespeed piece on my HOTA gear and I'd be fine even without it. HOTA doesn't involve moving a lot, and if you need to move, you have sprint
    Updated my gear abit after your feedback, if you like to check it again for me please

15+ Year Old Account
    Helm: Good
    Shoulders: Good
    Amulet: Decent, could use more STR or more Crit DMG, but trifecta is nice
    Gloves: OK, STR is low and no Crit DMG. The ATK SPD is OK but I'd value the Crit DMG more because you're only at 250%
    Chest: Pretty Good, needs better gems though
    Bracers: No ALL RES but Crit + ALL RES Lacuni are expensive
    Belt: Good, but I'd try for a belt with +15 fury and VIT on it. The +14 is only worth the same as +10 fury because 5 fury = 1% crit chance with HOTA
    Ring1: Good
    Ring2: Good
    Pants: Good
    Boots: Good
    Weapon1: Decent, but a black-damage weapon would be better (no elemental damage)
    Weapon2: Good

Gems for everything need to be upgraded. Even just the weapon gems moving to 80/90% gems will give you 60/80% crit dmg more. Moving to 46 STR gems instead of 34/38 will net you about 50 STR more

The biggest hurdle right now for being a really solid HOTA barb is the main hand weapon and your gems. If you found a good black-damage weapon, a belt and gloves with VIT, got in some 80%+ Crit DMG gems in the weapons, and 46+ STR gems in your armor, you'd be set

Deleted
    Helm: Good
    Shoulders: Good
    Amulet: Decent, could use more STR or more Crit DMG, but trifecta is nice
    Gloves: OK, STR is low and no Crit DMG. The ATK SPD is OK but I'd value the Crit DMG more because you're only at 250%
    Chest: Pretty Good, needs better gems though
    Bracers: No ALL RES but Crit + ALL RES Lacuni are expensive
    Belt: Good, but I'd try for a belt with +15 fury and VIT on it. The +14 is only worth the same as +10 fury because 5 fury = 1% crit chance with HOTA
    Ring1: Good
    Ring2: Good
    Pants: Good
    Boots: Good
    Weapon1: Decent, but a black-damage weapon would be better (no elemental damage)
    Weapon2: Good

Gems for everything need to be upgraded. Even just the weapon gems moving to 80/90% gems will give you 60/80% crit dmg more. Moving to 46 STR gems instead of 34/38 will net you about 50 STR more

The biggest hurdle right now for being a really solid HOTA barb is the main hand weapon and your gems. If you found a good black-damage weapon, a belt and gloves with VIT, got in some 80%+ Crit DMG gems in the weapons, and 46+ STR gems in your armor, you'd be set

Now ive changed my gems, crafted 60+ shoulders (mostly shit..) and now im stumped, have no idea what to upgrade next.. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    lol, I'm curious how much money you've given Blizzard over the course of this thread being open.

You need a better amulet, a belt with vit on it, gloves with more strength or vit on them (don't worry about keeping IK gloves, you really only need the 2-piece bonus anyways), and to put your EF in your offhand, not mainhand