Deleted

Lightbulb Rift - How many players?

Subsribers?

Okay so i started playing rift when the beta released but then stopped after 6-8month.
    Im thinking of starting again but the whole game seems kinda dead. Big cities are empty and so on.

How many people are still playing Rift?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Subsribers?

Okay so i started playing rift when the beta released but then stopped after 6-8month.
    Im thinking of starting again but the whole game seems kinda dead. Big cities are empty and so on.

I'm presuming you haven't been to Tempest Bay?

The Population has gotten a lot higher since the release of Storm Legion, with pretty much all NA servers on constant Medium-High, the reason you may be finding it a tad more 'dead' is once your level 48 and also the leveling process is a lot faster, there is not much incentive to go back to the Old World apart from to Achievement hunt, Level crafting and a few others bits and bobs, the majority of the population now recides in Dusken and Brevane (Two new Continents introduced with Storm Legion) where you will find at least on our server Icewatch EU 200-300 in End zones like Ashora at any one time, 500+ when Volan pops =)

Subsribers?

I guess WoW makes a good reference here. When they released WotLK everyone left the old content and went to the new stuff. Basically everyone in the game is doing Storm legion content. Deepwood there are still lowbie events going on so I know there have to be some people there.

Enough people that I still occasionally see people while out leveling in the low areas on my alt, which is crazy since most people are not leveling anymore and those that are are not always doing it by questing out in the open world. The fact that I see 1-2 people every time I am out on my lat says a lot.

Enough people that when I or a guildy needs to get a craft made we can find someone.

Enough people that when I que for a dungeon, I get people and can go.

Enough people that there are several raid guilds that raid at the times I prefer that I can choose from.

Enough people that when Zone Events happen it lags the server.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Subsribers?

Not sure why I'm even responding to this...

You say the game is dead and big cities are empty yet you also stated you are currently not playing. Am I missing something? Please go back under the bridge.

Population in SL is almost too much. Profit margins on the AH are slim for most items, yet things are readily available.

Zone events are more populated than anything I've seen in WoW other than the opening of AQ

Queue times seem normal.

It's still a subscription model.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    What "big city" are you in? Meridian/Sanctum haven't been populated since November 13th 2012, when Storm Legion came out. There's a new neutral city that everyone hangs out in (Tempest Bay). No need for Meridian/Sanctum anymore unless you're sub 50 and/or don't have the SL expansion.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

10+ Year Old Account
    Game seems busy. Confused as to why he says subs are down.

Subsribers?

It's very likely you are low level.

Rift is all about endgame. And the game has a healthy population at max level. Which is rather quick in Rift.

Most people are also in the SL city; Tempest Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Not sure why I'm even responding to this...

You say the game is dead and big cities are empty yet you also stated you are currently not playing. Am I missing something? Please go back under the bridge.

Population in SL is almost too much. Profit margins on the AH are slim for most items, yet things are readily available.

Zone events are more populated than anything I've seen in WoW other than the opening of AQ

Queue times seem normal.

It's still a subscription model.
    OK I knew Rift player were a bit delusional about the state of their game but holy crap.

Zones more populated than WoW? even considering WoW zones are X-realm now? that's a flat out LIE.

there are more people dueling in Durotar atm than the entire EU-Rift playerbase.

Servers shut down.

Developers Laid off.

Lead Designers Bailing.

Employees getting Bullied by higher-ups.

Playerbase Dwindling .

Terrible animations.

Clunky combat.

Nothing I have Tried, Heard or Seen of Rift points to it being a decent game.
    Just a niche little game with an EXTREMELY LOUD, Small playerbase .

wow, i feel much better now.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    Enough players to fill 3 factions that hold 200 players each in less then 3 seconds.

Subsribers?

Too many. Dealing with 400+ players on my screen during a Volan fight is too much even for my desktop.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    OK I knew Rift player were a bit delusional about the state of their game but holy crap.

Zones more populated than WoW? even considering WoW zones are X-realm now? that's a flat out LIE.

there are more people dueling in Durotar atm than the entire EU-Rift playerbase.

Servers shut down.

Developers Laid off.

Lead Designers Bailing.

Employees getting Bullied by higher-ups.

Playerbase Dwindling .

Terrible animations.

Clunky combat.

Nothing I have Tried, Heard or Seen of Rift points to it being a decent game.
    Just a niche little game with an EXTREMELY LOUD, Small playerbase .

wow, i feel much better now.
    Hey bro, let my friend wocky tell you how it is.....

I actually see more players out an about in Rift then i do WoW, i play both games, im on Bloodhoof EU in WoW and Icewatch EU in RIFT, games far from dead, WoW feels dead. Got 3 level 90's now, like seriously there is hardly anyone in the open world, i log in to RIFT to interact with other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game does appear dead until you hit the new continent.

When you hit 50 though and go to the new continent it is pretty busy in zones and the new city is packed.

There is no reason to go back to the old cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Hey bro, let my friend wocky tell you how it is.....
    1) you're on Icewatch ... The only populated EU server in the WHOLE GAME. THE ONLY ONE!

2) ever since CRZ i see more people in bloody SILITHUS than i've ever seen in my short lived Rift "experiance".

3) even Wocky's sexy voice can't hide how much more responsive(not better looking, its way older) WoW is.

I've never seen this in my entire life. Wocky is actually MARKETING the game in his videos... that alone removes any objectivity and credibility he has.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    1) you're on Icewatch ... The only populated EU server in the WHOLE GAME. THE ONLY ONE!

2) ever since CRZ i see more people in bloody SILITHUS than i've ever seen in my short lived Rift "experiance".

3) even Wocky's sexy voice can't hide how much more responsive(not better looking, its way older) WoW is.

I've never seen this in my entire life. Wocky is actually MARKETING the game in his videos... that alone removes any objectivity and credibility he has.
    So, the german and french shards are totally unpopulated right? http://uk.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/index.php Shard status is in real time, watch the servers at peak hours.

I did a test the other day, i queued for a BG in WoW = 7 minutes 32 seconds in RIFT = 23 seconds. Queued as a healer for a dungeon in WoW = 29 minutes 48 seconds, In RIFT = 1 minute 24 seconds.

Me finding a PuG in Rift for a 10 man, Instant invite, Me Queuing for LFR almost 40 minutes.
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2013-02-14 at 12:43 PM.

Most of these rift players on this subforum play both wow and rift. Hell, the guy you originally quoted PLAYS wow.
    Given your limited experience, it might be best to differ to the people who are currently playing both.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Old tired topic that ends the same way each time. Apparently there can only be one so game vs game ensues.

Trion is not a public company and don't make their sub numbers public knowledge. The people who play Rift and the ones who hate on it should all know that by now.

Thread closed.