Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladriel View Post
    I just got on the PTR today to see how much of a change Arcane is. I feel retarded. Actually, it feels more like the ICC rotation, if anything.
    Reading that makes me miss Fire that much more. Oh, Fire, please come back to me.
    I'm the type of player who chooses the "best" spec. I need to do all the damage I possibly can. I really hate Arcane, and now I just want it to die. I don't want an ICC rotation. I don't even want what we have now. Arcane has been making me sick for a while now and it just keeps getting worse.

5.2 what are you gonna do about it?
    I am going to sit back, open a beer, and enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    I don't know about enjoy...I think I will be crying into my wine during raids....

10+ Year Old Account
    So with Invocation we have no reason to use Barrage (yet again). Great.

I think I might actually have to drop Arcane at this point because the design direction is becoming obscenely stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    Reading that makes me miss Fire that much more. Oh, Fire, please come back to me.
    I'm the type of player who chooses the "best" spec. I need to do all the damage I possibly can. I really hate Arcane, and now I just want it to die. I don't want an ICC rotation. I don't even want what we have now. Arcane has been making me sick for a while now and it just keeps getting worse.
    Just This.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Arcane, Frost, RoP, IW? Are these things really as fine as you think?

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 10:58 AM ----------

Affliction Lock: Keep up 3 DoTs, Keep up Haunt if you can (kinda a procc?), MG (DS for Execute) otherwise.
    Shadow Priest: Keep up 2 DoTs, Mind Blast on cooldown (way shorter than, say, Comb or Frozen Orb), DP at 3 Orbs, Mind Spike when it proccs, Mind Flay otherwise. SW at execute range.
    Elemental Shaman: Keep up FS, LvB on cooldown/proccs, ES at high stacks of Lightning Shield, Elemental Blast on CD, Lightning Bolt otherwise.
    Protection Paladin: SPAM. EVERYTHING. Put higher priority on both Judgement and CS or HoR over non-HoPo generating moves (excluding SoR).

I don't quite see how these are "standard" when compared to Mage. They all seem vastly different to me. Then it comes to Fire and Frost and it seems so stale.
    well you're wrong when it comes to the "keep haunt up if you can" part, as it isnt a matter of keeping haunt up, its a matter of WHEN you put it up. after all +25% dmg on 30k tick, is more than +25% dmg from 20k ticks and you cant keep haunt up, so it only really matters when you use it, so you an get the max out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't a clue at this point. I'm hoping for Frost honestly. I enjoy the rotation and the elemental. That said, I enjoyed it with Freeze......
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Looking at the gear, my plan is to get back to fire as fast as possible. Stack some crit, hope for rng

Deleted
    I'm enjoying frost a lot, although fire is my favorite spec. I'll probably stick with frost for a while and start experimenting with fire, if it's DPS is good enough :P

I have been fire all this time yes it sucked but now it looks like fire will be on top again! One can only hope right?

Im going to put the pyro back into pyrostorm.

Then Lay down, try not to cry, cry a lot :'(

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    lol man. I am already enjoying the forum posts. I want to create a twitter account and go nuts on GC for fun, but he doesn't care.

I seriously question my sanity by continuing to play this game. I saw Arcane being played on the PTR, and I just started laughing.
    Last edited by cockaroo; 2013-02-13 at 04:50 PM.

Not gonna lie I am very excited at the prospect of being fire again. I love the spec and I hate arc but I have to stay competitive and I will be whatever is doing best dps

According to the 5.2 discussion thread, Arcane is no longer the OP specc it is from previous PTR builds and is supposedly now UP. *Hasn't tested for himself*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    According to the 5.2 discussion thread, Arcane is no longer the OP specc it is from previous PTR builds and is supposedly now UP. *Hasn't tested for himself*
    Then go test it yourself :P

Arcane seems about the same as frost on a dummy. If you want to know how fire compares you'll have to find out as I really can't play fire.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Meh, I'd love it if fire was the top spec, I like squeezing all the dps I can from my spec, but I just refuse to play arcane :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nienor91 View Post
    Meh, I'd love it if fire was the top spec, I like squeezing all the dps I can from my spec, but I just refuse to play arcane :P
    I'm going fire regardless when 5.2 drops. I am only currently playing arcane because it does ridiculous damage compared to fire. Everything I've read so far indicates that the specs will be much much much closer, so I'm going back to my preferred spec, FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I'm playing frost.

If frost is too bad and I can't keep up, I stop raiding.
    I so feel this way as well. I see all the talk in here about Arcane being tops and whatever. But, I love Frost so much and I feel like I do it better with it than I would with the other two specs. I am always top (or very close) damage in LFR (yeah it's lfr, I know) and I do well enough in our guild raids that I don't feel like I am hampering the group. Our co-raid leader, though, is down on the spec and wants me to go Fire or Arcane because he thinks the damage will be better. After all, 99% of the talk in here for PVE is for Fire and Arcane, but I am not really convinced that the damage delta is that great. There seem to be too few Frost raiders to really get some good discussion and numbers.

Then again, maybe I am just stuck with my head in the sand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moral of the patch; play whatever spec you want because it looks like they will all be around the same.. with minor exceptions...

Like frost will still be king of trash and aoe (Who remembers sunwell fire aoe? D: D: D: RIP)
    Arcane will probably be the cheap burst spec once again... (AB spam till you die in PVP to make people be like "WTF HIT ME?!")
    ..and fire... will always be random as cops pulling you over to meet their monthly quota.