Thread: Help me plz

Deleted

Help me plz

Hi. I dnt no much bout computers but am looking to buy a budget gaming machine for the old republic. I don't want anything amazing just to run the game at medium settings. How would this machine fair?

Specifications

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.8GHz
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 RAM
    Hard Drive: 160GB
    Graphics Card: ATi 1GB HD5450

Thanks

I'm not super computer savvy, I have a guy for that, however... I get the feeling that 2 gigs of ram is not going to cut it for swtor.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Moved, you'll probably find more people who can help you in this forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacker86 View Post
    Hi. I dnt no much bout computers but am looking to buy a budget gaming machine for the old republic. I don't want anything amazing just to run the game at medium settings. How would this machine fair?

Specifications

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.8GHz
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 RAM
    Hard Drive: 160GB
    Graphics Card: ATi 1GB HD5450

Thanks
    Sorry man I'm going to come right out and say it....NO. Those PC specs go back the cretaceous period. Just step back away from that PC do not attempt to upgrade anything about it.

You will have to pony up some cash to play anything that has come out since 2010 for the most part with that machine unless in has the name WoW in it. Not sure if you can still run that.

Sorry to be blunt.

Deleted
    Where can I get a budget computer for this game. Am lookin at sites n eBay but to me it's jus all numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Where can I get a budget computer for this game. Am lookin at sites n eBay but to me it's jus all numbers
    Poke around here to start. It's a starting point.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds

Deleted
    How bout this?

Processor: Core 2 duo 1800 - 2100MHz x 2
    Ram: 4GB DDR2
    Hard drive: 160GB
    Graphics card: ATI HD5450 1GB DDR3 PCI-E Graphics (HDMI - VGA - DVI)

10+ Year Old Account
    How bout this?

Processor: Core 2 duo 1800 - 2100MHz x 2
    Ram: 4GB DDR2
    Hard drive: 160GB
    Graphics card: ATI HD5450 1GB DDR3 PCI-E Graphics (HDMI - VGA - DVI)
    What is your budget.. ?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Am just looking at what's on eBay for about £200 what I can pick up tomorrow. I can wait till I get paid then increase my budget up to £600 prob. Maybe more but I don't really want to spend that much just for 1 or 2 games. Do you understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to know budget, but I created this thread a while back on building a gaming system on a ridiculously tight budget. I wouldn't exactly recommend it, but it's a good place to start. But yeah... your current system has almost no parts that should, or could be carried over.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:47 PM ----------

Maybe more but I don't really want to spend that much just for 1 or 2 games. Do you understand?
    Unfortunately, you have a system that can't run 1 or 2 games. So... The choice is, spend a little money to play them, or dont play them.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Please take a look at the stickies in this forum. Someone here can put a build together for you if you are interested in building yourself, it's a lot easier than you might think(take a look at videos in the sticky) and can get a lot more bang for your buck. However, as the questions in the sticky show you, we cannot put something together without knowing things like what parts you have that can be reused if any, if you need an OS, if you need peripherals, things of that nature, all in the sticky. Take a look, get back with us and someone will be able to help you out.

I do have to say though, with that amount, unless you can reuse case, PSU, HDDs, Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse you probably won't get much with that budget.

Deleted
    I don't have a system that the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that one was just a suggestion?

Yeah, don't get that.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Lol fair enough. Am finding these specs on eBay n thought I would bring them across for advice as I don't want to get something for it not to work. Like I said. I don't know what am looking at to be honest. All I no is that I'd prefer a pre built system

Deleted
    A pre-build system just costs 20-30% more afaik. Which isn't a problem, unless you're on a tight budget. Which you are.

Lol fair enough. Am finding these specs on eBay n thought I would bring them across for advice as I don't want to get something for it not to work. Like I said. I don't know what am looking at to be honest. All I no is that I'd prefer a pre built system
    You probably shouldn't buy a computer on ebay. I have only very rarely seen good deals there. Mostly people putting together a system that looks and sounds nice, then you realize it has a 3 generation old video card that was never meant for gaming, or a no-name cheap PSU. There are normally corners cut. Always remember, if something seems too good to be true it probably is.

If you really insist on going the pre-built route, I highly recommend buying from a reputable company, not just some ebay seller. Sure, you may get lucky and find a good deal on ebay but what I have seen on ebay, especially in that price range, is just rip-offs really.

That said, I would really recommend building yourself instead of going pre-built. It is a lot easier than you might imagine. The hardest part is picking the right parts, and you have help with that from people here. Putting it together is really as simple as putting everything where it fits. There are videos that can shouw you in the stickies at the top of the forum.