15+ Year Old Account
    More updates as promised. A little late, but it's still technically Thursday for 3 mins...

• Liquid Metals Updated
    • Misc Peripherals Updated
    • Steves Carts 2 Updated
    • UE Basic Components Updated
    • Atomic Science Updated
    • ICBM Updated (and split into 3 :/ )
    • Modular Powersuits Updated
    • NEI Plugin Pack Updated

That will probably be it until tomorrow night. Hopefully we'll see Mystcraft by Saturday morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    More updates as promised. A little late, but it's still technically Thursday for 3 mins...
    • ICBM Updated (and split into 3 :/ )
    And they each have an adfly link.... that annoys me to no end....

Deleted
    you missed the fact that Misc Peripherals needs to be installed in coremods now if you want all the features mate

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And they each have an adfly link.... that annoys me to no end....
    hay the devs have to get something back i think they deserve that atleast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    you missed the fact that Misc Peripherals needs to be installed in coremods now if you want all the features mate

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:46 PM ----------

hay the devs have to get something back i think they deserve that atleast
    I don't have an issue with mod authors using adfly links, I have an issue with them breaking down a mod in 3 parts and giving each part it's own adfly link.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doing so however will cause Ars Magica to crash the game on load. Keep it in the \mods folder for the time being.

---

Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Thaumic Bees Updated

Not a lot right now. Ars Magica is expected to update this weekend as well as Mystcraft. Theres a pretty cool preview video of the new Ars Magica stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0GX9pdNeD8

Other videos on that channel showing off new features as well.

Deleted
    I removed ars from my setup I don't know why but it just crashes the game for me every time I touch the level up thing that's with your config or mine, and its just a Java out of range error so bit hard to work out the issue

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 09:56 AM ----------

damn it now after watching that video i want back in lol i think i will wait till xycraft and mystcraft are done too as i will start a new save then any way

Mystcraft 0.10.0 is out. There are big changes so I suggest reading the changelog, which I assume someone who is allowed to post links will post a link to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big Updates today!

• MCore Updated
    • Ars Magica Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Mystcraft Updated

Ars Magica has got a rework. New spell writing system and lots of new and interesting stuff. Their wiki has been updated with the new mechanics. Find it here: http://arsmagica.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Logistics Pipes has a rather large bugfix release too including some new thaumcraft 3 related features that began to creep in a few builds ago. As always, you can find a log of these changes here: http://ci.thezorro266.com/job/LogisticsPipes/88/

Finally, Mystcraft has it's long awaited content release. This version opens up a new way of obtaining symbols using villiagers, celestial mechanics and a large range of other features, bugfixes and stability fixes. Full log of those changes here: http://binarymage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=340

This list update is only partial. I wanted to get the major releases up early so people can begin testing and playing. I've personally tested Logistics Pipes and Mystcraft and there don't appear to be any conflicts with my current configs on that end. Haven't tested Ars Magica yet as it literally came out 10 mins ago. I will be doing a full rundown of all the mods as usual in the evening.

Have fun!

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 11:03 AM ----------

damn it now after watching that video i want back in lol i think i will wait till xycraft and mystcraft are done too as i will start a new save then any way
    New Mystcraft is out. I wouldn't even bother waiting for the new Xycraft. It looks to just be a bunch of lamps and bugfixes. I have a fairly strong feeling that xycraft is a waste right now. Useful features probably wont be public until 1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Updates today!

• MCore Updated
    • Ars Magica Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Mystcraft Updated

Ars Magica has got a rework. New spell writing system and lots of new and interesting stuff. Their wiki has been updated with the new mechanics. Find it here: http://arsmagica.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Logistics Pipes has a rather large bugfix release too including some new thaumcraft 3 related features that began to creep in a few builds ago. As always, you can find a log of these changes here: http://ci.thezorro266.com/job/LogisticsPipes/88/

Finally, Mystcraft has it's long awaited content release. This version opens up a new way of obtaining symbols using villiagers, celestial mechanics and a large range of other features, bugfixes and stability fixes. Full log of those changes here: http://binarymage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=340

This list update is only partial. I wanted to get the major releases up early so people can begin testing and playing. I've personally tested Logistics Pipes and Mystcraft and there don't appear to be any conflicts with my current configs on that end. Haven't tested Ars Magica yet as it literally came out 10 mins ago. I will be doing a full rundown of all the mods as usual in the evening.

Have fun!

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 11:03 AM ----------

New Mystcraft is out. I wouldn't even bother waiting for the new Xycraft. It looks to just be a bunch of lamps and bugfixes. I have a fairly strong feeling that xycraft is a waste right now. Useful features probably wont be public until 1.5.
    Lots of awesome stuff today! Can't wait to play with the new toys! (And agree with the Xyxraft stuff)

Does Misc Peripherals work as a coremod now with the new Ars Magica release?

Also, several people posting about problems with corruption on previously stable Mystcraft worlds. As always, make sure you have good backups before upgrading.
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-02-16 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Does Misc Peripherals work as a coremod now with the new Ars Magica release?

Also, several people posting about problems with corruption on previously stable Mystcraft worlds. As always, make sure you have good backups before upgrading.
    Done a little testing and yes, Misc Perip as a Coremod is working with the new Ars Magica. And yes, it was said a while back ago that stable worlds might become unstable with new builds.

Hey Fuzzzie, I know the list of mods people have recommended is growing long, but hey, why not throw two more in the mix.

Bibliocraft.
    BiblioCraft is a fairly simple mod that adds 7 new types of unique storage blocks to display a few different items.
    It's a Forge mod, so installation is easy. I found one ID conflict with Forestry which was easy to fix through Bibliocraft's config. I changed Bookcase=2250 to 2650. I'm not 100% sure this will be a perfect fix for you since I don't use all the mods you do, but I hope this at least makes compatibility easier. Also, it should work with TC3 phials (displaying them) so if you use them, you won't have to hide them away in chests. Lastly, there's an optifine bug mentioned on the MCF page but there's even a config option to fix that.

TickThreading. I read about this and thought it might work well for Greevir's server. I didn't find a link on MCF so you might have to download it directly from GitHub.
    Mod to run entity and tileentity ticks in threads and a patcher to improve thread-safety issues. Optionally, allows for automatically variable tick rate per tick region.
    No pressure with either of these but I thought I'd mention them here both for you and the others that frequent this thread. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oorenotsoo View Post
    Hey Fuzzzie, I know the list of mods people have recommended is growing long, but hey, why not throw two more in the mix.
    I'll add the mods that I'm going to take a look at. Just been busy this weekend with other things and haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

On the other hand, my friend Neolojik just completed an amazing little mod called nxMinetilities. It's very small and was just completed an hour ago, but it works! It simply adds Facades for Redpower 2 Worldgen blocks such as basalt and marble as well as the brick versions of all these materials. It's currently only set to work with my config pack so if you're going to use it with another installation you'll have to change the Redpower ID's in the config.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rlgq95v3m28ube

Enjoy, and big thanks to Neolojik!

• Added nxMinetilities

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 01:24 AM ----------

A few other notes about recent updates..

The latest Ars Magica will cause Gravity Chestplates to no longer function. The author (Mithion) replied to my report with:

I know why it's happening. I'll see what I can do.
    so just a heads up on that.

Also, we had pretty major issues with the latest Logistics Pipes and have downgraded on our server to 0.0.0.85 Hopefully it gets updated and fixes the issue.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-02-17 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll add the mods that I'm going to take a look at. Just been busy this weekend with other things and haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

On the other hand, my friend Neolojik just completed an amazing little mod called nxMinetilities. It's very small and was just completed an hour ago, but it works! It simply adds Facades for Redpower 2 Worldgen blocks such as basalt and marble as well as the brick versions of all these materials. It's currently only set to work with my config pack so if you're going to use it with another installation you'll have to change the Redpower ID's in the config.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rlgq95v3m28ube

Enjoy, and big thanks to Neolojik!

• Added nxMinetilities

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 01:24 AM ----------

A few other notes about recent updates..

The latest Ars Magica will cause Gravity Chestplates to no longer function. The author (Mithion) replied to my report with:

so just a heads up on that.

Also, we had pretty major issues with the latest Logistics Pipes and have downgraded on our server to 0.0.0.85 Hopefully it gets updated and fixes the issue.
    Good to hear that Mithion is looking into the issue. Also, the downgraded version of Logistics Pipes is causing the same error. Logistics Pipes seems to have issues when the chunk its located in is unloaded. If you have your base littered with chunk loaders, it doesn't seem to be an issue. But it's not realistic to have that many chunk loaders on a server.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2013-02-17 at 02:27 PM.

I had some major issues with Logisitics Pipes and Modular Powersuits which caused an immediate crash when I clicked on a request pipe. Removing MPS got rid of the problem. Other than that I haven't had any issues at all with Logisitics Pipes but maybe it is a single player vs server issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    The issue stems from logistics pipes attempting to communicate with other pipes that aren't chunk loaded. The dev is aware of the issue though.

Updates later today.

The issue stems from logistics pipes attempting to communicate with other pipes that aren't chunk loaded. The dev is aware of the issue though.

Updates later today.
    Looks like they fixed it with the latest release \o/ Let's hope it works for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLojik View Post
    Looks like they fixed it with the latest release \o/ Let's hope it works for us.
    Hey Neo!

Here's the spotlight for your mod!!

Download nxMinetilties for Buildcraft facades using Redpower 2 building blocks (Marble, Basalt, Bricks etc!!)

Download here: http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=ht...AxMzYxMTM0MDIx

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Your updates for today:

• Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Twilight Forest Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • UE Basic Components Updated
    • Assembly Line Updated
    • Atomic Science Updated
    • Electric Expansion Updated
    • Fluid Mechanics Updated
    • ICBM Explosion, Contraption, Sentry Updated
    • Mekansism Tools, Generators etc Updated
    • Modular Powersuits Updated
    • SyntaCraft Updated

Hmm. I'll be looking at additions to the list soon, I promise. Just need the time tbh.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-02-17 at 10:51 PM.