Help, bye bye mining

Hello,

I got a 90 Undead Warlock. I do some non serious PvE (No HC raids atm) and will become more serious about pvp in the patch
    I got tailor at 600, which is really important for a caster.
    I also got mining at 600 but its a bit useless, for me...

Which for you, would be the most viable/smart choice as another prof, deleting the mining?
    I thought about LW for the 500 int wrist enchant. JC/BS for the extra gems/sockets are interesting too, or alch, for +320stats due to flask.

Gold wise, since I dont have other secondary proffissions, for instance, skinning for the lw, mining for the bs, what would you do? (my server is kinda expensive)

As all of the profs give you the same outcome, with the exception of Engineering and Tailoring.

My advice to you would be use your mining to get all of the ore needed to level Blacksmithing from 1-600. I've done it multiple times across my characters and if you ever want to do PvP, BS is probably the best profession for that as you can socket PvP gems whereas you can't get this extra PvP stat with any other profession. BS is very versatile In my opinion.

I see, thanks by your opinion.
    Its 2 extra sockets right? I levled bs in the past, some years ago, and was a damn pain :|

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say keep mining for the gold aspect but if i had to pick a gathering proff for you gun to head i would say Herbalism for the Heal/Haste buff.

And gun to head for a main proff probably Inscription for the shoulder enchants and its easy to level.

For "future proofing" purposes (aka for upcoming expansions), I would drop mining for enchanting, if you want something more beneficial to your character (int enchants on rings). It would allow you to DE any crap greens you have to make in order to level tailoring, thus allowing you to level enchanting also.

For right now, since you have mining and can stockpile ore, you could go BS/eng/JC. If you're focused on RBGs and/or arena, I would go with BS. If you want fun utility that can (for the most part) only be used in random BGs and world pvp, engineering.

In 5.2, they're making levelling blacksmithing much easier, much like what they did with cooking -- you can level from 1 to 600 with ghost iron bars, from what I understand. You might want to wait until 5.2 to switch to blacksmithing. Maybe start storing up some ghost iron now.
    hey

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    Hello,

I got a 90 Undead Warlock. I do some non serious PvE (No HC raids atm) and will become more serious about pvp in the patch
    I got tailor at 600, which is really important for a caster.
    I also got mining at 600 but its a bit useless, for me...

Which for you, would be the most viable/smart choice as another prof, deleting the mining?
    I thought about LW for the 500 int wrist enchant. JC/BS for the extra gems/sockets are interesting too, or alch, for +320stats due to flask.

Gold wise, since I dont have other secondary proffissions, for instance, skinning for the lw, mining for the bs, what would you do? (my server is kinda expensive)
    BS or Engineering are the only two choices. Personally I think Engineering is better since it gives you as secondary burst CD but BS gives you 640 PvP power.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyosaugh View Post
    In 5.2, they're making levelling blacksmithing much easier, much like what they did with cooking -- you can level from 1 to 600 with ghost iron bars, from what I understand. You might want to wait until 5.2 to switch to blacksmithing. Maybe start storing up some ghost iron now.
    That is an awesome idea.
    But where did you see this?

That is an awesome idea.
    But where did you see this?
    Patch notes on mmo-champ homepage. Might be buried under newer stuff though.

Where exactly? Can you copy paste? I couldnt find it :|

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    cant be bothered to look, but i can confirm that i saw it too.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't find the mmo-champion link, but there's this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Tailoring/Engineering is the best combo for casters, you can easily line up the cloak enchant and the synapse spring for massive burst.

You'll be able to level BS from 1-500 using vendor recipes and about 100 stacks worth of ghost iron ore (it'll need to be smelted into bars of course).

Didn't read about this until I already spent 10k on 1-600 blacksmithing for my alt

Deleted
    tbh i lvld BS back in cata, and was honestly not that bad. there are many great guides out there on what to craft etc, and as long as you lvl it along your char lvl its easy. however, as you allready are lvl90, i could imagine that it would feel like long time you gonna spend. AND if you can lvl from 0-600 in pandaria, i would recommend that. Havnt heard about it b4 i was reading these posts, and have to say, that i feel its kinda unfair since its a primary profession ( not like cooking) - then you should also be able to lvl enchanting, tailoring, alchemy etc. to make it more fair!!! however, its great to those who wanna lvl BS, would do it that way myself if i had to lvl it, but cmon, its a bit unfair :/

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Couldn't find the mmo-champion link, but there's this.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16503