Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    In a Sargeras centered xpac Id love to see Gul Dan ressurected and made a final boss of a tier, itd be so epic to fight Gul Dan as a raid boss.
    He'd have to appear without a head, though, which could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    The females do.
    Naga also don't have "too many limbs". I'd be more inclined to believe he was actually killed by a Pit Lord as they fit the description down to a tee...apart from the narrow mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Naga also don't have "too many limbs". I'd be more inclined to believe he was actually killed by a Pit Lord as they fit the description down to a tee...apart from the narrow mouth.
    Females have four arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Females have four arms.
    Limbs = legs and arms. Last I checked, Orcs had 4 limbs, as do female Naga.

Limbs = legs and arms. Last I checked, Orcs had 4 limbs, as do female Naga.
    That's just nitpicking.

To Gul'dan, 4 arms were abnormal, hence "too many limbs". Don't think he had his arithmetics in fresh memory.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It is said Gul'dan was a mortal Warlock who's power stretched beyond the extent of any mortal Necromancer/Warlock in existence, but he did not even attempt to battle or kill Doomhammer, a completely normal warrior, in the numerous times Doomhammer cornered him. Eventually, he was slain almost effortlessly by lower class demons suspected to be Naga.

I just don't understand.
    1: Because Gul'dan was a backstabber, a schemer and a coward. He knew very well that during the time of his coma, Doomhammer had destroyed all of his servants and told the other orcs the truth of his betrayal, Gul'dan had barely any support.

2: They weren't Naga, they were demons.

3: Warlocks aren't overly powerful without their tools, rituals and servants - Lore doesn't equal gameplay.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    That's a rather silly theory, I'd say. The entity in the BtDP novel seems to have had legs for one, plus there were masses of demons inside the tomb in TFT. It's possible it was a further, demonically-powered mutation of a naga, though. Then again, it could also have simply been a type of demon we haven't encountered yet.

Also, naga with a tiny mouth?
    Not to mention that no Azerothian creature was capable of entering the Tomb due to Aegwynn's magics, that's specifically why Medivh/Sargeras needed Gul'dan. The naga cannot have been in the tomb prior to Gul'dan raising it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

We will never know what killed Gul'dan until it is verified by someone at Blizzard. If it was a Naga, why did they not consume the power and become even more powerful?

Until it is verified I will continue to believe it is a "demon" as stated in the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's because

1.If he gets caught offguard, the weapon can still kill him.
    2. ...Kill Doomhammer? ALL Horde vs Gul'dan. We're talking raiders, grunts, wyvern-flyers, assassins shamans, warlocks, shamans, marksmens etc etc.
    Howay the lads!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieMagpie View Post
    I believe it's because

1.If he gets caught offguard, the weapon can still kill him.
    2. ...Kill Doomhammer? ALL Horde vs Gul'dan. We're talking raiders, grunts, wyvern-flyers, assassins shamans, warlocks, shamans, marksmens etc etc.
    No raiders, wyverns, shaman or warlocks in the Horde during Wc2.... Oh and what's an "assassin shaman"?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I thought Wilfred Fizzlebang was the most powerful warlock in existence?

In all seriousness Gul'dan was a traitor who handed the second war to the alliance had he not absconded looking for powerful artifacts doomhammer could have destroyed the alliance and won the war

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I thought Wilfred Fizzlebang was the most powerful warlock in existence?

In all seriousness Gul'dan was a traitor who handed the second war to the alliance had he not absconded looking for powerful artifacts doomhammer could have destroyed the alliance and won the war
    He handed the win to the Alliance but saved Azeroth this way. By betraying Doomhammer he betrayed the Horde and in the end the Burning Legion. Of course, he was one of those who made the Horde work for the Legion, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    He handed the win to the Alliance but saved Azeroth this way. By betraying Doomhammer he betrayed the Horde and in the end the Burning Legion. Of course, he was one of those who made the Horde work for the Legion, but oh well.
    A strange irony you must admit

i guess its similar to what gollum did to frodo by betraying him and stealing the ring he inadvertedly destroyed the ring and won the war

By doing some evil and selfish you end up doing something good in the long run

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    A strange irony you must admit

i guess its similar to what gollum did to frodo by betraying him and stealing the ring he inadvertedly destroyed the ring and won the war

By doing some evil and selfish you end up doing something good in the long run
    That was such a bullshit ending. Turned Frodo into some bitch hobbit who couldn't get the job done. He's supposed to be the hero, where's his act of heroism? He's just another asshole like Isildur.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That was such a bullshit ending. Turned Frodo into some bitch hobbit who couldn't get the job done. He's supposed to be the hero, where's his act of heroism? He's just another asshole like Isildur.
    Because the ring corrupts those who possess it? Obviously Frodo succumbed the second he made it into Mount Doom. His goal was noble, but he was a marked Hobbit since the ring fell onto his finger...Isildur was just a dick though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the ring corrupts those who possess it? Obviously Frodo succumbed the second he made it into Mount Doom. His goal was noble, but he was a marked Hobbit since the ring fell onto his finger...Isildur was just a dick though.
    It destroys Frodo's heroic climax to not have him overcome the temptation and corruption.

It destroys Frodo's heroic climax to not have him overcome the temptation and corruption.
    It was obviously an attempt to show that no matter how strong willed the carrier is...nobody can resist the power of Sauron!

Though i can see this going off such a tangent i will try to nip this in the bud and say Frodo was never written to be the hero cause he never wanted to be a hero he had it thrusted upon him and in the end he succumbed and it was gollums act of selfishness and betrayal that made him snatch the ring and fall into mount doom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    All this and he didn't just vaporize Doomhammer and some Naga?
    Why would he? He didn't need to kill Doomhammer and face the rest of the Horde. He could just ignore them because they thought of him as their ally. He was just minding his own business searching for the power of Sargeras to claim as his own. Then he got ambushed by demons, they caught him off-guard.

No matter how powerful you are, when someone strikes you when you don't expect it you die. Besides, has it ever been confirmed that it was retconned to Naga?

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieMagpie View Post
    Wyvern flyers? Make that dragon riders.

He also just raised a Tomb from the Depths, I doubt he wasn't exhausted by such a task.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Females have four arms.
    They however could hardly be said to have 'too many teeth'. This is one single creature that is spoken of, as evidenced by 'it was soon followed by others'.

I believe people have been reading too much into it. I'd say it's a bunch of warped, odd demonic entities driven mad and/or further mutated by the presence of the Eye of Sargeras, not to mention his rotting avatar.