Deleted

Exclamation [HC] Amber Shaper Un'sok - P1 burn still possible?

hi guys,

I know there are plenty of amber shaper threads all over this place, but many of them are outdated due to hotfixes, changes, etc.
    So I'd like this one to be the most recent to answer just one question:

Is it still possible to stack the 'Destabilize' debuff on the boss up to 40-70 and burn him down to a very low amount of %HP? I know you can't kill him in P1, since that has been hotfixed. But is it still possible to burn him down?? That's all I need to know.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    hi guys,

I know there are plenty of amber shaper threads all over this place, but many of them are outdated due to hotfixes, changes, etc.
    So I'd like this one to be the most recent to answer just one question:

Is it still possible to stack the 'Destabilize' debuff on the boss up to 40-70 and burn him down to a very low amount of %HP? I know you can't kill him in P1, since that has been hotfixed. But is it still possible to burn him down?? That's all I need to know.

Thanks.
    as pointed out in many of those threads that you ignored; yes you can still burn him down low.

Deleted
    Yeah we did this yesterday bringing him to 17% at start of P2. Can no longer kill him but makes P3 trivial anyway.

Deleted
    I didn't ignore them on purpose, but since most of them are pretty old and I don't know all of the changes in the mechanics of this encounter that have been made and when they have been made, I wasn't sure which post is most reliable.
    Didn't mean to be ignorant. I also wanted this thread to be informational for everyone else who wasn't sure, so they won't have to open up another thread.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Yeah we did this yesterday bringing him to 17% at start of P2. Can no longer kill him but makes P3 trivial anyway.
    Would you mind telling me your raidsetup and maybe a few details of how exactly you did it?
    # of stacks, how many healers, etc.

Thanks.

Deleted
    We did this very recently too, bringing Unsok down to 22% before the buff went up.

2 healed, very little damage into the boss besides the tank constructs, 66 stacks at the start of the burn, on the 8th scalpel, blew Hero/Pots/CDs 2sec before the cast. Handle P2 like normal, laugh at him in P3, collect loots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrys View Post
    We did this very recently too, bringing Unsok down to 22% before the buff went up.

2 healed, very little damage into the boss besides the tank constructs, 66 stacks at the start of the burn, on the 8th scalpel, blew Hero/Pots/CDs 2sec before the cast. Handle P2 like normal, laugh at him in P3, collect loots.

Would you say it's an easy strategy, especially if you haven't killed him before and your raid sometimes fails the kicking? Because I'm pretty sure it'd be easier to do this strat and maybe fail in P1 a few times instead of going into P2/P3 and wipe due to failed kicks or the boss not having enough stacks on him in P3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you say it's an easy strategy, especially if you haven't killed him before and your raid sometimes fails the kicking? Because I'm pretty sure it'd be easier to do this strat and maybe fail in P1 a few times instead of going into P2/P3 and wipe due to failed kicks or the boss not having enough stacks on him in P3.
    The "burn strategy" is the most effective strategy to use if you're looking to kill the boss the easiest way possible. Burning him to such a low percentage in the first phase eliminates the need to keep stacks up on the boss during Phase 2, thus allowing you to put all of the stacks on the Amber Monstrosity. Once you successfully complete Phase 2, you simply go into Phase 3, rotate whatever raid cool-downs you have available with your composition, and the boss will die within 30-45sec depending on your raid's damage output.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Deleted
    We tried this tactic the other day and we got him down to ~20-30% in our trys.
    But the actual problem was that we were facing the enrage timer during P2.

Did anyone else face this problem? I mean even IF we got him down to 1HP we probably would not have gotten through P2 to oneshot him in P1.

Would anyone be so kind to explain this strat in detail?
    Would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

You can and should. It makes phase 3 much easier. They fixed it so you *must* go through phase 2, but you can make phase 3 very short. We burned him down to 25% for our first kill this week.

If you're hitting enrage during phase 2, then you may be dropping stacks on the monstrosity. Keep them up. With a big burn in phase 1, you don't need to keep stacks on Un'Sok during phase 2, so just keep them on the monstrosity so he dies.

Deleted
    We tried this tactic the other day and we got him down to ~20-30% in our trys.
    But the actual problem was that we were facing the enrage timer during P2.

Did anyone else face this problem? I mean even IF we got him down to 1HP we probably would not have gotten through P2 to oneshot him in P1.

Would anyone be so kind to explain this strat in detail?
    Would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    If you're hitting the enrage, either you take too long in P2 (probably bad/not enough stacking on the monstruosity) or you stay too long in P1 (try burning the boss one scalpel before, if not 2)