The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody see how many Montreal fans were in Florida tonight? Jeez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Anybody see how many Montreal fans were in Florida tonight? Jeez
    Ya poor FLA.. suffering from all those quebecors

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    When Don Cherry says "keep your stick on the ice" that should mean your skates too. I imagine he is going to have some bold words about it on Saturday night. This isn't the first incident where a player has been cut by a skate, but I wonder if Karlsson wasn't wearing the Kevlar leg covers that most players in the NHL wear. Kevlar is literally cut proof, and it's great for any working environment where a sharp blade could tear open your skin like a hot knife on butter, I am surprised the NHL doesn't make Kevlar material mandatory for all areas of the body that don't have some form of guarding. A lot of players are wearing the neck protectors, I see pretty much every kid in the OHL doing it after that one guy from the Kitchener Rangers got a blade across his throat a few years ago. If Karlsson wasn't wearing the Kevlar leg covers, then it is his own stupid fault that he got injured as much as it was Cooke's for having his leg up.

Just to chime in, Kevlar is not cut proof, it is cut resistant. Wearing the socks does not mean you won't get cut, it just means you are less likely to get cut. I have a job where I am forced to wear gloves out of the same material their socks are made from, seen razor blades go through them several times. They will definitely get rid of the small stuff, but if lay one down and run a sharp blade across it with decent pressure it will slice through. The only way to make it cut proof would be to have something like a bullet proof vest in thickness, and it would add so much weight and reduce mobility so much no one would wear them.

Would it have saved him in this case? Hard to say, lots of pressure downward like that probably would of still let it get through. May not have been as bad though.

Preds finally with a complete game. Out shot a team finally, put up 3 goals ( should of been more), and Rinne with his 3rd shut out in 4 games. Blum and Ellis are surprising the heck out of me this year. I wouldn't of paired them together at any point as they are both more offensive minded, but damn if they aren't both playing good hockey right now.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2013-02-15 at 05:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering when Ryan Ellis was gonna start performing well. I've always sort of associated him with the success of those junior teams that had Eberle on them and wasn't quite sure if he was the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I was wondering when Ryan Ellis was gonna start performing well. I've always sort of associated him with the success of those junior teams that had Eberle on them and wasn't quite sure if he was the real deal.
    He's been fairly good offensively the last couple of seasons, it just that his defense was lacking and he got overpowered a lot. Seems to be handling things a ton better now. He's actually been better than Weber on the PP this season.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Florida brass also made a colossally dumb decision by having those Club Red seats right behind the benches. Any Florida home game on TV looks absolutely awful because ALL of those seats are empty. And it goes at least 5-7 rows up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Florida brass also made a colossally dumb decision by having those Club Red seats right behind the benches. Any Florida home game on TV looks absolutely awful because ALL of those seats are empty. And it goes at least 5-7 rows up.
    I love that decision so much lol. Club Red in and of itself is not a bad idea at all. Special seating, parking, a VIP club, special food? Awesome idea, you know, if your team has FANS. The idea of putting them at center ice, behind the bench, right where they will be on TV constantly is so phenomenally stupid. But hey, what can you expect from a team that shouldn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Eugene Smelnyk is mad... didn't seem to mind 10 years ago when Aflie hit Tucker though...

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    I see Eugene Smelnyk is mad... didn't seem to mind 10 years ago when Aflie hit Tucker though...
    These wonderful people never do until it's "their guy."

How in the name of everything holy do you not play the goalie who won you a Stanley Cup against the worst team in the NHL when your team is struggling for wins?

15+ Year Old Account
    so if anaheim doesnt beat us tonight it will be a shame since weve renamed ourselves the Detroit Griffins. god we even have DATSYUK out now...

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 08:34 PM ----------

Anderson gets his first point of the season before Quincey, somewhat suprising given the disparity of time in playing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 08:41 PM ----------

anaheim is losing to the grand rapids griffins...lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a horeshit goal for Perry. Congrats on getting one because Ian White's stick is made of glass.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Go Ducks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    What a horeshit goal for Perry. Congrats on getting one because Ian White's stick is made of glass.
    yeah both the ducks goals have been pretty much Horseshit.
    a goal because they get an offensive zone faceoff cuz the puck bounced off teh damn ref and a broken stick...

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Go Ducks!
    yes...go ducks...go home...

10+ Year Old Account
    oh man 4-2 in like a min

10+ Year Old Account
    9 injuries.... Missing 9 starters.... Sigh.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    oh man 4-2 in like a min
    2 bad turnovers and jimmy howard playing soft goaltending and giving up rebounds is a deadly combo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    9 injuries.... Missing 9 starters.... Sigh.
    don't worry...we gotta get healthy at some point...right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flames pulled Irving after he let 2 weak goals in, enter Joey MacDonald for the same outcome. Down by 4 in the first period to the Blues, I don't even have to watch this game anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Flames pulled Irving after he let 2 weak goals in, enter Joey MacDonald for the same outcome. Down by 4 in the first period to the Blues, I don't even have to watch this game anymore
    Conscript told you so?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This happened too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1yTW...ature=youtu.be

St. Louis announcers jizzing their pants, was an incredible save though. It's just the summery of the last 6~ seasons for the Flames in 1 play.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-16 at 03:02 AM.