Best time to use haunt ?

What are the best times to use haunt ? And what are the conditions to use and should i have a high uptime of using it ? Please give me some detailed explanations,. Thank you

Deleted
    Haunt is mostly used when you have realy strong dots rolling (think of BL/Dark Soul/ Trinket/ Jade spirit etc)
    Reason is it's way more beneficial to have for example:

Assume 100% dot power, haunt increases damage by 25% = 125% damage (100K dps becomes 125K dps)
    Let's say you have 200% Dot power, with haunt that becomes 200 x 1.25 = 250K DPS

Now assuming you dont cap on shards, (which you shouldn't) the gain is much greater when using it while stacking cd's then just firing them out when you can.

Well, you have to know the fight and when you need to conserve shards. on elegon for instance, if your soloing one of the sparks, I usually make sure i have at least 3 shards before they start coming out, First spark is a SB:SS and channel grasp, second spark is SB:SS dark intent channel, third spark is SB:SS haunt 4th is SB:SS haunt, sometimes a pot or trinket proc.

if your not already using it, get the affdots addon. It will show you when your current dots are awesome enough to wanna haunt as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Well, you have to know the fight and when you need to conserve shards. on elegon for instance, if your soloing one of the sparks, I usually make sure i have at least 3 shards before they start coming out, First spark is a SB:SS and channel grasp, second spark is SB:SS dark intent channel, third spark is SB:SS haunt 4th is SB:SS haunt, sometimes a pot or trinket proc.

if your not already using it, get the affdots addon. It will show you when your current dots are awesome enough to wanna haunt as much as you can.
    dark intent channel

Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    dark intent channel
    So you came here to ask people for their opinion to help you and you notice a typo/mistake and proceed to play a grammar nazi without even saying a single "thanks"? You sir are a scoundrel and a ruffian ( or a douche, whichever you prefer)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    scoundrel and ruffian indeed

Personally I use it almost every time when each of my dots have more then 12 sec duration (means making sure UA has a long duration because that has a short duration).

Since the cooldown on use trinkets become 1 min I will usually have at least 1 buff up all the time.

Currently I have the tailoring cloak enchant, the weapon enchant, a proc based trinket and a use trinket and of course Dark Soul. I've noticed that when one of the buffs end another buff will be available.

I can probably count on a single hand the number of times I end up with no shards, usually I get a shard proc when I'm refreshing a dot.

The only times when I truly ran out of shards is if I'm using Soulburn to often to refresh all of my dots but other then that I have a pretty high uptime (and no I don't have allot of haste).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    So you came here to ask people for their opinion to help you and you notice a typo/mistake and proceed to play a grammar nazi without even saying a single "thanks"? You sir are a scoundrel and a ruffian ( or a douche, whichever you prefer)
    i wanted to know what is a dark intent channel, really i kept searching for like 30 mins and got confused.

Deleted
    Although i have no clue what dark intent channel is, i suggest you abuse mannoroth's fury on this encounter and blow the sky with sb:soc and chain normal seeds after. U will be swimming in shards.

But on the topic, use it whenever you can do most single target dmg, mostly on procs lined up with dark soul, when ur dots are strongest.

Dont waste it on multitarget fights when u cant mg/ds for the duration of haunt, unless u swim in shards. If you do then u can use haunts for super quick burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, ever since I hit the third soft haste cap (6637 I believe), I've been using Haunt as much as possible because I generate shards so quickly. There is rarely a moment when I am sitting at 0 shards. It is best to use Haunt when your DoTs are buffed though, and also try to cast your follow up Haunt before the Haunt debuff on the target expires. Also make sure you know you'll be able to use Malefic Grasp after casting Haunt so the debuff isn't wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    What are the best times to use haunt ? And what are the conditions to use and should i have a high uptime of using it ? Please give me some detailed explanations,. Thank you
    You should aim for 100% uptime during DS. If you have 4pc that probably means you wont use them much outside of DS.
    Then just use extra ones when you have strong dots going on (after a proc or 2).

Of course sub 20% you should have 100% uptime.

Idea is just to haunt when your dots are strong, not really complex to understand.

If fight allows shard regeneration through drain soul just haunt even more so that you dont waste shards.