Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Eh, Malkorok is a point-of-view character in Tides of War at certain points; he even internally reflects on his backstory with the Blackrock for us.

I'm sure we'd know if any demonic possession was afoot. He just comes off as a massive tool.
    Yeah, Mal really is just your run-of-the-mill sociopath unless, like Anveena, he's something greater who doesn't realize what he truly is for one reason or another.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Yeah, Mal really is just your run-of-the-mill sociopath unless, like Anveena, he's something greater who doesn't realize what he truly is for one reason or another.
    Also reminiscent of the Medivh / Sargeras possession.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    A lesser demon sure, but Nathrezim are the burning legions elite agents.

Also I think you are overstating the power of the average warlock, most of whom barter with demons for power, and do not have any great mastery over them or have been shown to be in any way immune to their tricks. Actually the reverse is true... historically most people in the warcraft universe who toy with demons get the shaft in the end.
    It's not so much power. Here's my reasoning; I don't recall if it's canon any more but I remember that Druids, even average ones could detect the presence of dragons, including those hiding in humanoid form. It'd be something along those lines for warlocks and demons. It just seems hard to a dreadlord to be undercover around Warlocks to me. Varimathras wasn't undercover that's why his deception was amazing, he hid in plain sight, which works to his advantage with the endless stream of warlocks passing through Undercity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Also reminiscent of the Medivh / Sargeras possession.
    True, but Sargeras took over pretty early in Medivh's adulthood, and it's implied in The Last Guardian that Medivh and Sargeras have spent all his adult life fighting for control before Medivh ultimately loses during the tail end of the First War.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    It's not so much power. Here's my reasoning; I don't recall if it's canon any more but I remember that Druids, even average ones could detect the presence of dragons, including those hiding in humanoid form. It'd be something along those lines for warlocks and demons. It just seems hard to a dreadlord to be undercover around Warlocks to me. Varimathras wasn't undercover that's why his deception was amazing, he hid in plain sight, which works to his advantage with the endless stream of warlocks passing through Undercity.
    And once again this would be where your fanfic is trying to cross over into actual lore. Just because you wrote about it doesn't suddenly make it lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And once again this would be where your fanfic is trying to cross over into actual lore.
    it's not "my" fanfic. And once again? I don't make shit up and pass it off as fact (like half the posters here), nor do I take vague nonsense and run with them as canonical fact like everyone convinced the next expansion is about the Legion coz of a warlock quest. I recalled this from some tidbit of lore, possibly from RPG which would mean its non-canon.
    If you're going to be condescending, keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-15 at 09:39 PM.

it's not "my" fanfic. And once again? I don't make shit up and pass it off as fact (like half the posters here), nor do I take vagaries and run with them as canonical fact like everyone convinced the next expansion is about the Legion coz of a warlock quest. I recalled this from some tidbit of lore, possibly from RPG which would mean its non-canon.
    If you're going to be condescending, keep it to yourself.
    If you don't run with it and pass it off as fact why preface your statement as you not recalling if it is canon any more? Why not just state that it may have not have ever been canon? I'd also love to know what RPG book it was you read it in that they could detect the presence of dragons cause I don't recall ever seeing that.

Sure i'll concede that it would be easier for a warlock, being attuned to fel energy, to see through a demons disguise than anyone else.

Where i'm not buying it is that it would be impossible for a dreadlord, master deceivers who have been called "the unseen ones", to hide from a mortal who plays with demons.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-15 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you don't run with it and pass it off as fact why preface your statement as you not recalling if it is canon any more? Why not just state that it may have not have ever been canon? I'd also love to know what RPG book it was you read it in that they could detect the presence of dragons cause I don't recall ever seeing that.
    Ya, I don't recall (any more) if it's canon or not. You want to piss around with syntax? Like I said, if you want to condescend keep it to yourself. I do recall reading it on wowpedia or wowwiki a while back. You're saying it never existed, perhaps Im remembering it wrong. Would you like to check my spelling and grammar while you're at it? The basis of your posts towards me seem to be in league with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sub argument about Druids sensing Dragons. I don't recall it personally but I wouldn't be shocked if it was true. It sounds like a Druid's *Seventh or Eighth* sense like Mages can sense Magical sources and Arcane sources of Power.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    The sub argument about Druids sensing Dragons. I don't recall it personally but I wouldn't be shocked if it was true. It sounds like a Druid's *Seventh or Eighth* sense like Mages can sense Magical sources and Arcane sources of Power.
    But what tie do druids have with dragons that would make them more sensitive to their presence? Mages to magic power and warlocks to demons makes sense. But why druids and dragons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But what tie do druids have with dragons that would make them more sensitive to their presence? Mages to magic power and warlocks to demons makes sense. But why druids and dragons?
    The Emerald Dream but even then I don't know if it is true nor can I confirm it. I do not own any RPG books as much of a lore nerd I am.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Emerald Dream but even then I don't know if it is true nor can I confirm it. I do not own any RPG books as much of a lore nerd I am.
    Green dragons maybe, sure.

I did a quick official forums search and to my dismay (since I always hate these confusion) it was apparently from RPG that *Night Elves* in general were adept at sensing dragons. I just remembered it as Druids for some reason. Either way it's not really canon AFAIK since I can't confirm it in game and Im too lazy/uninterested enough to check further and pursue this issue any more as its derailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a quick official forums search and to my dismay (since I always hate these confusion) it was apparently from RPG that *Night Elves* in general were adept at sensing dragons. I just remembered it as Druids for some reason. Either way it's not really canon AFAIK since I can't confirm it in game and Im too lazy/uninterested enough to check further and pursue this issue any more as its derailing.

/thread Anyways back to Malkorok. Anybody find it weird he has the word Mal in his name which usually means...something negative?

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    /thread Anyways back to Malkorok. Anybody find it weird he has the word Mal in his name which usually means...something negative?
    You can't take the sky from me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You can't take the sky from me!
    Garrosh does seem to be preparing to burn the land and boil the sea...
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    You expect too much from Blizz. He's likely just a psychopath blackrock orc that idolizes Garrosh for surpassing him on the crazy genocidal tyrant-o-meter. Nothing more, nothing less. He'll either be a raid boss for the siege or will die in some pre siege questline. I found it funny that he's somewhat of a main character in the novel, but in game I don't think he even says a word... just sits there hoping Garry turns gay and marries him.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-02-15 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Garrosh does seem to be preparing to burn the land and boil the sea...

Sargeras is that you?

Warrior-Magi

Kil'Jaeden is too much.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Dreadlord. He have been pushing Garrosh in using every kind of corrupted magic.

Molten Giants, Kraken, Mana Bomb.... Malkorok have ben killing a LOT of horde people, too. If they start to return as mindless undead, I'll totally buy the Dreadlord.