Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Goodbye PvP Disc

With those new Changes Priest is going to be more shit then it is right now.

Every comp who can Dispel DA will destroy you.

Deleted
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks for sharing.

Deleted
    Disc will still be better in 5.2 than it is right now. That there still won't be any valid reason to get a disc over a shaman/pala doesn't change though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good, it means I can do my PvP as holy instead.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing i quit in november.

Deleted
    The only negative thing I have to say about the changes is, that disc have no on demand big crit heal with Inner focus. This will hurt disc so hard in pvp. Disc pure throughput is already inferior to shamans +200k heals and paladins many instants. Now no big inner focus heal to save a low team mate? Thats clever...

More susceptible to purge + lose a lot of throughput from Inner Focus. Every change they do ends up nerfing us in PvP. We are one enormous buff and a half away from decent.

They will probably fix some dispel protection somehow, I am more worried of how I am suposed to bring a team mate up from 40% HP after a CC chain if my heales only places bubbles everywhere instead of actually giving them a decent amount of HP back.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    They will probably fix some dispel protection somehow, I am more worried of how I am suposed to bring a team mate up from 40% HP after a CC chain if my heales only places bubbles everywhere instead of actually giving them a decent amount of HP back.

You won't be able to. Disc pvp is already far too dependent on absorbs, this makes it so much worse. Yes, shields slow down how fast health bars drop, but you eventually will need to heal in order to "reset" the health bar. Since we can barely cast in the first place, IF+FH is vital in order to ensure that when we do have time to cast, it actually counts.

This screw disc PvP in so many ways.
    Healing to someone to full will become almost impossible.
    Getting someone out of execution range becomes almost impossible.
    Voidswapping becomes a death sentence without being able to quickly heal back up.

This is the nail in the coffin for disc PvP this expansion. It's really irritating that blizzard's excuse against adding a new AoE spell to fix PvE Disc is too big of a change to drop mid expansion; then they turn around and completely change the mechanics of the entire spec...

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler:

Priest
    - We are going to make the new Divine Aegis undispellable.

THX!. But still make Inner focus a 200% heal though!

You realize disc is getting ENORMOUS buffs in 5.2 and will most likely be easily competitive with the other healers? If DA is really going to be undispellable then its even more of a buff. Seriously, run with a hybrid as disc and you are basically immortal in 5.2.

If anything its hello pvp disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Good, it means I can do my PvP as holy instead.
    You can do it now. GC is just compelled to not make holy competitive cause "rare specs in pvp should stay rare for the people who like to be special"

Disc is good currently at high gear levels and will be even better next patch...cya

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    You won't be able to. Disc pvp is already far too dependent on absorbs..., IF+FH is vital in order to ensure that when we do have time to cast, it actually counts...
    ... It's really irritating that blizzard's excuse against adding a new AoE spell to fix PvE Disc is too big of a change to drop mid expansion; then they turn around and completely change the mechanics of the entire spec...
    100% agree with everything here. One most annoying thing is that the DA can cap out (not sure at what %). In arena (or BG) if I were healing a partner who was really low, I would have all the crits wasted on over capped DA. Not to mention, if I am chain CC'd after healing them, the DA will drop off in a short time. So if my partner realised I was CC'd and had to go defensive (run away, pillar hump) etc, the DA will drop off, and all that valuable crit-DA will be totally wasted. In contrast compared to how it is in 5.1, at least those heals are converted to real health so they will never 'fall off'.

And (sorry I know this is a PVP subject), but Disc already falls short when it comes to having to heal up an NPC or other players to full due to a 50%ish (I think) of our healing comes from absorbs, which do not help us with these mechanics. With 5.2, our absorbs are going to be more like 75%+ of our healing? (pulled numbers from thin air). But you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Disc is good currently at high gear levels and will be even better next patch...cya
    Valuable input thanks. Also a constructive argument! I particularly like the 'cya' part.
    Last edited by kaneem; 2013-02-15 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All that's left for blizzard now is to make our healthpool dispellable and give us a debuff that stuns us every time a melee gets within 5 yards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Disc isn't good. KFC is good. That's the only 'real' comp you see Discs playing right now, and it's just plain better with a Paladin or Shaman. The Disc Priests that are doing well as KFC are doing so because they play very, very well with very good (and patient) teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    All that's left for blizzard now is to... give us a debuff that stuns us every time a melee gets within 5 yards.
    Hell, I thought this happens already! Out of all CC's... stuns omg!

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    With those new Changes Priest is going to be more shit then it is right now.

Every comp who can Dispel DA will destroy you.
    Lol. Da will now be undispellable and pws can crit.
    Mastery will now effect absorbs and heals too but effect
    Absorbs less then on live.

I dont think you understand the huge buff this can be with
    da being undispellable. Disc effeciency will be through the roof!
    There will be no overhealing with crit that goes to waste.

Imagine a holy sparked Greater heal that normally heals for 150k
    With mastery so 170k..you inner focus the heal so its a. 170k heal that creates
    a 200k da that cant be dispelled and none of it goes to waste from overhealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneem View Post
    Hell, I thought this happens already! Out of all CC's... stuns omg!
    True, lets have em polymorph us instead. Cause that would take rogues to a whole new level vs priests

Quote Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
    Imagine a holy sparked Greater heal that normally heals for 150k
    With mastery so 170k..you inner focus the heal so its a. 170k heal that creates
    a 200k da that cant be dispelled and none of it goes to waste from overhealing.
    Except that it is then that much harder to get someone out of execute range, where they are taking more damage by nearly every class.