Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is Blizzard just trying to forget Me'dan?

Well, aside from a very brief, and awkward mention in Velen's short story a while ago, there has been no mention of Me'dan, in Cataclysm with Garona, MoP, or any other source material since his inception in the comics.

What do you guys think this is about?
    Last edited by Salandrin; 2013-02-16 at 10:48 AM.

That it is better this way.

I really hope they realized what a completely terrible character he is and decided to never put him in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some have said he is being kept a secret for his safety till he is powerful enough. It sounds like he may become the orc version of Anduin, young and neutral.

yep theyare xD for now.(hope so at least)

Deleted
    Considering he's never showed himself in the game I really don't see a problem. If you're writing a background story you should be sure there's some link between the background and the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me'dan and Anduin remind me of Jason Todd.

Deleted
    I hope so.

Deleted
    Hopefully. Boy had too much going for him. Fathered by Azeroth's most powerful mage, mothered by Azeroth's most infamous rogue, an effortlessly proficient Shamagadin and the Last Guardian of Tirisfal (an establishment that has as of yet failed to make an appearance despite Azeroth facing some of its most deadly enemies over the last half century). It's in WoW's best interest to keep that guy as far away from the spotlight as possible.

Deleted
    Lets pray for it, that this abomination of story writing never sees the light of day again. He shall be buried under brick, earth and stone for the planet comes to his end. No one shall endure this suffering that everyone did when he had the book in his hands.

Seriously.. no one likes Med'an dammit ><

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. Just because a character hasn't shown up doesn't really mean they are trying to forget about him eg.Turalyon. Also just because the fan base doesn't like his development doesn't mean he would or even should be ignored such as Go'el.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Lets pray for it, that this abomination of story writing never sees the light of day again. He shall be buried under brick, earth and stone for the planet comes to his end. No one shall endure this suffering that everyone did when he had the book in his hands.

Seriously.. no one likes Med'an dammit ><
    Then why don't they just announce he's non-canon? I mean, there isn't much of a continuity problem with Cho'gall either, since he appears in Cataclysm just dandy, without any mention of Me'dan.

Deleted
    "Med'an is the current Guardian of Tirisfal, a founder of the New Council of Tirisfal, and the son of Garona Halforcen and Medivh. His unusual parentage and training has given him the unique ability to interweave shamanic magic with the arcane and divine. This gift, however, has also drawn him into conflict with cultists who believe he is the subject of an ancient prophecy and dark entities who would make his power their own.
    Med'an is the main protagonist of the third and fourth volumes of the World of Warcraft comic, and has yet to appear in World of Warcraft or other related media, although he was briefly mentioned in the short story Prophet's Lesson.
    While Med'an's ancestry is "unusual" to say the least, he is in fact not the first Guardian to have mixed parentage: Alodi, the very first Guardian was himself half human and half High elf"

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    "Med'an is the current Guardian of Tirisfal, a founder of the New Council of Tirisfal, and the son of Garona Halforcen and Medivh. His unusual parentage and training has given him the unique ability to interweave shamanic magic with the arcane and divine. This gift, however, has also drawn him into conflict with cultists who believe he is the subject of an ancient prophecy and dark entities who would make his power their own.
    Med'an is the main protagonist of the third and fourth volumes of the World of Warcraft comic, and has yet to appear in World of Warcraft or other related media, although he was briefly mentioned in the short story Prophet's Lesson.
    While Med'an's ancestry is "unusual" to say the least, he is in fact not the first Guardian to have mixed parentage: Alodi, the very first Guardian was himself half human and half High elf"
    that sounds horrible

Deleted
    I hope they fully forget about him. If there's a definition of Mary Sue, he's it. I mean seriously, part orc, part human, part draenei, part demon shaman paladin priest mage hero... I mean seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I hope they fully forget about him. If there's a definition of Mary Sue, he's it. I mean seriously, part orc, part human, part draenei, part demon shaman paladin priest mage hero... I mean seriously?
    They'll try to forget, but then red shirt guy will be there to remind them.

i doubt he'll show up before something like Sageras invading azeroth, his position is that "important" to mention medivh & the burning legion have a history so me'dan will be most likely used for the burning legion returning patch/expac storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    My main gripe with Me'dan's existence, is he completely destroys Medivh's foretelling of the world no longer needing Guardians. Unless Blizzard ret-conned that amazing quote.

The next warchief after we kill Garrosh!

JK, going to say just fallen into the background while other events are playing out.

Who is Me'dan?

Anyway, whoever he is, I hope they don't introduce him as a major lore character without telling the story of who he is in-game
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.